• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic comedowns are really brutal, in my opinion

I love psychedelic come-downs... sometimes they're the best part. I always feel at peace, centered, and in great humor. I can't think of any psychedelic I've tried (and I've tried a shit ton of them) that I dislike the comedown of.

Empathogens are a different story however.

One example that immediately comes to mind is "recollecting" human interactions I've had in the past with people, some of which were ridiculously trivial (like, say, asking a stranger on the street for directions or something), and having your recollection of the event be one of just being really awkward and alienating. And when I'm sober I think back on these moments and they weren't that way at all, it's just my own insecurities bleeding into a memory and creating a total abstraction of what happened. (although this phenomenon has happened more on mushrooms than anything else.)

I used to get this too, and also during trips. Over time, because of experiencing those feelings, I worked through them and I am a lot more comfortable with myself, and it never happens anymore. It's been one of the great positive effects that psychedelics have had on my life.

I've had good come-downs and bad come-downs, even from the same psychedelic. It seems to be affected by the trip more than anything. If it was a good trip, I'll sleep easy. If it was a bad trip, I'll be up all night.

yeah, we do experience the same sort of stuff.

theres nothing to gain about past moments, you cannot undo them and you cannot do anything to change that.

but I do think that our sober mind cover up the problems and that those thoughts are true. you have to learn to deal with them in the sober life. we all do very awkward stuff mainly because we are so stressed. anyways!

No, that's still not it. The whole point was that those interactions WEREN'T that way. LSD creates distortions of how things are, like all psychedelics...think of the physical world, for example. When you see an image-morph, that's not reality, that's a distortion of reality. Psychedelics can distort the interpretation of memories in the same way, it's not simply unlocking "The Truth" for you to be uncomfortable about, although some of the things you contemplate on psychedelics may very well be true and/or beneficial.

Anyways, thanks for the replies, I guess this is a rarer phenomenon than I thought. The last few times I've done LSD I've just been incredibly sad on the last two or three hours of the trip...not having a "bad trip" in the stereotypical sense of the term (ie extreme anxiety etc), more just like being really disappointed with who I am as a human being, a very melancholy and grey feeling. It's making me not want to take LSD anymore which is a shame because it really helped me at one point in my life & as far as drugs go I think it's quite safe. Oh well.

I have no idea what reality is supposed to mean anymore.

I've had the brutal LSD comedowns, they have screwed with my mind for a while. So far i've managed to bounce back and live to see better trips. You just never know what life has in store for you, LSD unlocks the mystery door.

I usually drown the end of my lsd experiences in beer, it works pretty well for mellowing me out and putting me to sleep. Without downers it can be quite a while before I achieve sleep.

Mushie comedowns are so mellow and happy IME. I almost like the comedown more than the trip when it comes to shrooms hahahah.

I'm with Xorkoth on this one. The days always seem brighter after a good trip!

I don't get a comedown from most traditional psychadelics unless it's a particularly bad experience and then it's more of a reflection on my experience that leaves me feeling depressed for a few days. Usually I get an amazing afterglow which is sometimes just as beneficial as the experience itself.