• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

psychedelic chemistry for a noob

Bare_head

Bluelighter
hey guys,

Know alot of guys who used to be in here who were much more equipped at chemistry, i am currently reading a book called psychedelic chemistry.

chemistry really interests me, no im not looking to make any drugs, though a man can dream right :)

so im such a noob i have to ask about this bit in the book, now i know of 1p lsd and the other analogues such as al-lad, eth-lad but this book was written way before the 1p- derivatives were around but there is a section where i am kind of confused and would like someone who is familiar with chem literature to explain this to me :D

so i will just write what im reading right now.

legal acid

I want to emphasize that "legal acid" can be obtained if other amines are substituted for diethylamine in lsd synthesis. These other lysergamides should give identical trips, but most of them are less potent than LSD. Precise potency data do not exist, so it remains for an enterprising chemist to gain immortality by adding each of the following amines (and any others that come to mind)
to sepertate aliquots of the final step of LSD synthesis (they could easily be done simultaneously), isolating the tartrates and assaying them for potency; piperidine, diisopropylamine, ethylisopropylamine, ethylpropylamine, methylethlamine, methylisopropylamine, tetrahydrooxythiazine, tetrahydroisoxazine, dioxazole, 2-methylmorpholine, 2-5-dimethyl (or dimethoxy) pyrrolidine, cyclo-butyl-amine, cyclopentylamine, ect. published potency data expressed as a fraction of lsd activity follow : pyrrolidide (1/20) dimethylamide (1/20) morpholide (1/10 or 1/3) ethylpropyl (1/3) dipropyl (1/10) methyethyl (less than 1/10) methylpropyl (less than 1/10)

so can someone explain to someone with no chemistry background what amines are they talking about? isolating the tartrates (can someone explain this to me such as what they are talking about when saying piperideine ect.

also all of these analogues which ones are they reffering to? obviously these books are old and outdated but i wanted to understand the chemistry behind all of these analouges, for example i understand MDPV is a pyrrolidide but i see it in legal acid and it starts to confuse me :D what analouge of lsd would be pyrrolidide? sorry for the stupid question, stoned and reading, can someone explain basically what each of these anologues are? i know of ALD-52 , AL LAD, PRO-LAD ect but these are confusing me now :) i know someone will be able to answer me :D

i hope this doesnt get locked as it isnt exactly asking anything against bl rules ( i hope anyways)

regards, bare head .

Last edited:
so after some googling i found that it is LPD-824 which i have never heard of until venturing into THiKAL LSD entry.

so dissregarding the last question, can someone explain still what they mean when they are talking about isolating the tartrates when they refer to pipererdine ect and what each one of them means? thanks :)

most ergoline alkaloids are provided as salts in combination with tartaric acid because the freebases are not water soluble.

pyrrolidine is simply the term for a 5-member ring system with 4 carbons and 1 nitrogen atom. piperidine is the 6-member analog with 5 carbons and 1 nitrogen. they are stmply structural elements,

the reason that none of the other lysergic acid amides are seen commercialy is because lysergic acid & its precursors are controlled substances, so producing compounds weaker than LSD requires the same investment of time and money to synthesize and the same risk of penalties under law for production. it doesnt make sense.

1P-LSD and its companions are now known to be prodrugs for LSD by the way.