• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Psychedelic Cannabis Experiences

Omg so long ago when I first started I kept getting some pretty good bud when I had low tolerance, I would always get high, and sometimes too high which I didn't like, I would start feeling immense panic and anxiety, and had intense open and closed eye visuals of varying colors, scariest moments of my life.

Once and awhile it feels like I'm coming up on a trip for a second but as soon as I realize it's happening, it stops. Mild CEV's are common. Also, when smoking for the first time of the day with some high-grade, colors become a lot more vivid,

Last edited:
since i did LSD, every time i smoke the trips are far more psychadelic (visual, mental) than they used to be...

I dunno really

but last time I smoked everything was going at about half speed. Slow motion :)

And I could imagine anything in my head and it almost felt real. I would forget about the room i was in and drift through my own reality.

i made some cannabis butter using a quarter ounce of an unidentified sativa , mixed some sugar in while it was cooling, and ate it all with a spoon and a glass of milk.

that was comparable to a heavy psilocybin trip.

Last edited:
it was a unique trip, not like an acid or mushroom trip, but the intensity was similar to a heavy psilocybin hallucination.

full open and closed eye visuals

tactile hallucinations

aural hallucinations

in all honesty, all i did was watch napoleon dynamite, curled up in a ball on my side on the couch. i could not even get up to put another dvd in after the movie was over. i did not move for six hours, and could not sleep.

i was still very stoned when i woke up in the morning.

Last edited:
it was a unique trip, not like an acid or mushroom trip, but the intensity was similar to a heavy psilocybin hallucination.

full open and closed eye visuals

tactile hallucinations

aural hallucinations

in all honesty, all i did was watch napoleon dynamite, curled up in a ball on my side on the couch. i could not even get up to put another dvd in after the movie was over. i did not move for six hours, and could not sleep.

i was still very stoned when i woke up in the morning.

wow how much did u smoke and / or eat?

Interestingly enough I am now able to compare them and found most of the results that you all did.

I have also noticed visual hallucinations on some recent cannabis expenditure but only slightly such as matter seeming to move when it isn't.

I guess Cannabis, Hallucinogens, and Salvia can all be interesting psychedelic experiences that get more common in some effects as the dose goes up.

woooow organic sour diesel is godlike...=D

Not a serotonin style trip but back when i had no tolerance and would take a few bong rips of dank i would have some crazy stuff going on in my head, CEVs, falling out of reality, losing concept of where i was, and who i was with...

one of these days i want to disolve some dmt into a solvent, and then soak some buds in it...

I tried DMT for the first time today... i did not break through, but i got enough of a taste to want to try it again... I never cough, but that shit had me choking... managed to hold it all though...

My friends only done weed and salvia in his life and he said once after smokin a shit load of some HighGrade he hallucinated. He said he was walking home from his girlfriends house and he saw a hallucination of his gf walking twords him and calling his name and then she disappeared when he got close.

I think I may have hallucinated once from weed but it could of been a cat :p. I was walkin on a golf course stoned as hell and it was like 1 in the morning. I look over and theres a black blob running/floating towards me thats about the size of a cat but it just looked like a black blob floating around on the ground. Everytime I walk twords it it would go back and when I walked back it would go forward. This was fun so I kept doing it until whatever it was floated or ran away.

I alos get crazy close eyed visuals that arent just geometric forms. I see random shit that doesnt make sense at all. Like armies of worms with helmets and guns and wierd shit like that.:\

I smokes quite a lot the other day and as I was walking along the street I was staring up into the bright blue sky and the clouds and shapes of faces and objects would just pop out at me.

The crazy thing was, was that they actually looked 3 dimensional and were just hanging there in the sky. I was just "wowwww" "woahhh". It was the most amazed I've ever been when stoned.

Just look on the erowid trip reports, LOADS of people have had high-dose cannabis trips, complete with OEVs, CEVs, the mind-fuck, etc.

I have never really had a full-on trip, but I ALWAYS have mild CEVs/OEVs whenever I am high. If I just lay down in my bed and meditate in the dark, the visuals, introspection/mindfuck can get pretty intense.

k first of all im sorry for posting on an old thread but to ^^^... definately, me too!

wow how much did u smoke and / or eat?

is that my beloved showey? i mean if it is fook me dead!! 8o8o8o

ive eaten a batch of cookies i made before i ate 3 in the space of 20 minutes and had the biggest headfuck and paranoia ive ever experienced and ive been smoking almost every day for almost 10 years. Nothing will compare to that trip i encounted that night. The only thing that got my mind off how fuked i was was thinking of my gf at the time. ONce the paranoia ended it was an incredible high, i kept telling myself its just a drug let go and relax.

The first 5-10 times I smoked bud I hadn't done any psychedelic, but I definitely knew it was a psychedelic experience. After I tried shrooms I realized it was more intense than shrooms, at least up until the shrooms peaked. Too bad tolerance exists :(

ive only eaten a small amount of a brownie but I can tell just from that experience how powerful and overwhelming an oral cannabis dose can be.

It was more psychedelic than just rippin some chrron from a bong. It was like everything was high as opposed to the part-high you get by smoking. Meaning it just felt more complete.

im ressurecting this thread because i very recently had a profoundly psychedelic cannabis experience, which i have wanted to share with somebody since: I had been off cannabis for around a year until three or four weeks ago, when i visited my grandpa's house. he recently stopped growing with my cousin (legally, with a caregiver's license) and i know that he made a large amount of cannabis olive oil a while ago and never used it (i used to eat a little, tiny bit everytime i went over) so i looked in the freezer and ate some. 3 hours later i experienced a very rapid onset, every ten minutes reaching a 5 minute plateau where i thought "alright this is it" but it continued for 2 hours until i had to go to my room, telling my family i had a fever and would like to not be disturbed. needless to say, i was tripping pretty hard, as it was a fairly large dose and was my first time in 11 months. anyway, i smoked weed twice in the next week, and didn't get too high either time ecxept for the second of the two (cause i did coke and perc on top of it). so anyway last saturday i had a crazy ritalin/concerta binge where i actually OD'd (i treated myself with lorazepam nitroglycerin and ice) and the next day my friend and i were searching for some benzos (i ran out of lorazepam) or opiates or SOMETHING to cure my comedown, and didn't find anything, until i got a call from the ritalin dealer saying that he had a hubbie bar, so i thought "guess i'll try that, can't be any worse than that oil, and i have my sea legs back, so i know what to expect" so me and my friend each ate 1 piece of the white chocolate "MAXX strength" bar and waited. my friend wanted to eat another, but i warned him that it wouldn't be smart to take more until we knew how we were gnna get off of one. He had never eaten weed before, or taken any drug besides smoked weed, alcohol and adderall, and i spent the hour of waiting describing to him a general psychedelic experience and the ways that weed was similar to LSD, he seemed interested, but was getting impatient. we listened to some music, declining each others suggestions as to what we should listen to, until we both agreed on tom waits (my favorite songwriter). at the 1 hour mark i was already feeling very stoned. within two hours after that, i was not even present. I looked at my friend, and watch a seried of "hallucinations" play out before my eyes. When i realized what i was doing (as in that i was sitting in bed, stoned, and not petting felix the cat in the rock and roll history museum episode of that show, as my hallucinations had led me to believe), i spent a good deal of time trying to recognize my friend. I looked around and tried to recognize my surroundings, and remembered where i was. my friends dog was jumping around on the bed, and i looked at it, and really appreciated the innocence of the animal, and the purity of its actions. it didn't have any ulterior motives, it was just made of pure love. that is my last memory before waking up, still high, 10hours after taking it. thanks for reading.

i made some cannabis butter using a quarter ounce of an unidentified sativa , mixed some sugar in while it was cooling, and ate it all with a spoon and a glass of milk.

that was comparable to a heavy psilocybin trip.

How heavy of a psilocybin trip would you compare it to? Say a +++ or ++++ or those respective levels on the shroomery's mushroom trip levels? Or what exactly happened when you tripped off of the THC when you ate the cannabis butter?

^^Nothing is comparable to a ++++

Why do you say that? I've read here on bluelight and on erowid about people having ++++ experiences while on psilocybin mushrooms, and people have also written about having both psychedelic and spiritual experiences on cannabis edibles so wouldn't that be a ++++?

I don't really go by these levels either when it comes to tripping on mushrooms or other drugs but these are the ones they use at the shroomery that I wrote about in the previous post.

# Level 1

This level produces a mild "stoning" effect, with some visual enhancement (i.e. brighter colours, etcetera). Some short term memory anomalies. Left/right brain communication changes causing music to sound "wider".

# Level 2
Bright colors, and visuals (i.e. things start to move and breathe), some 2 dimensional patterns become apparent upon shutting eyes. Confused or reminiscent thoughts. Change of short term memory leads to continual distractive thought patterns. Vast increase in creativity becomes apparent as the natural brain filter is bypassed.

# Level 3
Very obvious visuals, everything looking curved and/or warped patterns and kaleidoscopes seen on walls, faces etc. Some mild hallucinations such as rivers flowing in wood grained or "mother of pearl" surfaces. Closed eye hallucinations become 3 dimensional. There is some confusion of the senses (i.e. seeing sounds as colors, etcetera). Time distortions and "moments of eternity".

# Level 4
Strong hallucinations, i.e. objects morphing into other objects. Destruction or multiple splitting of the ego. (Things start talking to you, or you find that you are feeling contradictory things simultaneously). Some loss of reality. Time becomes meaningless. Out of body experiences and e.s.p. type phenomena. Blending of the senses.

# Level 5
Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measureable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived, ceases to exist! Satori enlightenment (and other such labels).