View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psycedelics

hasnamus

Greenlighter
I have a strange negative response when using psycedelics. My situation reminds me of the symptoms of getting sick from a virus, flu or something like that. A feeling of weakness, shiver, brain fog, the discomfort in general of somebody who is sick.
I have tested this response and is not something occasional. I have used several times LSD, Mushrooms, 2cb, Nbome and the experience was always the same with only negative aspects. The discomfort is such that prevents me from having any focus. I'm thinking that I have a kind of physical mismatch with these substances which is is very dissapointing

My response was great to MDMA and dissociatives like Ketamine and Mxe.

Any suggestion or any common experience?

Αdditionally, since my experience with MDMA was profound and healing ( I lost magic after 6-7 uses with 3 months intervals) I m looking despairetely for a close substance. I'm thinking about 6 apb and methylone. However, I'm afraid that their essence is quite pcycedelic and I will have the similar results with 2cb. I used 2cb for empathogen but it came out similar to tryptamine pcychedelics like LSD an Shrooms.

Maybe dose isn't high enough? Not sure need more details, but if I don't dose high enough on LSD I just feel "off", trapped in between being high and not-kinda like brain fog I guess.

Moving this to PD as it's not a trip report.

TR -> PD

I felt this kind of effects when i was laying down sometimes. Being in motion can help to get rid of that (dancing, walking).

I used to feel like that during the come-up, but once the peak hits it goes away, unless you give in to the feelings and don't rise above them. After enough experience I no longer experience that feeling in trips at all, mostly.

You're not a physical mismatch, those are just normal sensations that may and often do accompany the psychedelic experience. I have had all the things you describe on the majority of my trips, yet I still love tripping. As Xorkoth said, learn to rise above them or just accept them.

Every1 has a different ability to handle a rise in neurotransmission, it seems that your body has a hard time with leveling up your immune system and slowing down your Noradrenergic system, the effects you are describing look alot like when I stopped clonidine, felling sick, like you have fever. Same happens with Opiate WD's and its attributed to NE overactivation.

The causes can be wide, but I am pretty sure that you can reduce the intensity of the symptoms by increasing your aerobic abilities and eating healthier.

That is what I believe has most chance to be the origin or your issue and what I think is the easiest solution to it.

Also yes I believe these are normal feelings in a trip, but experiancing them to a degree that cause an inability to enjoy the trip is kind of a situation that isolate itself, altho I think it is more a representation of the weaknesses created by the pattern of OP's actions, because I am pretty sure that psychedelics show neurochemical weaknesses created by the way we live, especially in the come up, that's why every1 experiance psychedelics in a unique way, because every1 has a unique way of living.

That may be... when I was younger I was not in good shape and I didn't eat that well, these days I take better care of myself. However, I also think that difficult physical feelings during come-ups are often the manifestation of anxiety. In early trips, the change from baseline when you come up[ is much more jarring because you're not familiar with it. It causes you to feel very out of sorts, and the result can be intense physical sensations. I used to almost always have a period of time when I started tripping where I said to myself, why did I do this, I feel like I've been poisoned, I wish I hadn't taken this, etc. Then as long as I remembered those feelings would pass, and I made sure to focus on good things like music or nature, those feelings would eventually dissipate and I'd start to enjoy the trip. The come-up feelings grew less and less intense the more I tripped, even before I started taking better care of myself, because I learned to deal with them better, and the whole process became more familiar/less threatening feeling.

Something seldom mentioned is how your clothing fits.
personally I need a couple of layers, and I may add or remove, but the fit has to be a good feeling.
the fit has to enable good posture and relaxed positions.

If my clothes are bugging me, either too tight, too heavy, or not warm enough, I get really squirmy.
Discomfort may also happen if I try to lie down under the covers when I still have energy for moving around.

I guess that is about Setting.

I agree that clothing is an often overlooked, but very important part of setting.

More than once I've forgetten to get into the right kinds of clothes beforehand, and then find myself having a difficult time trying to get changed into something more comfortable while high as balls. I can really see why people end up running around naked while tripping.

Too tight, too baggy, too hot, too cold, weird fit.. all real tripper problems :\
Agreed with pupnik's observation that:
personally I need a couple of layers, and I may add or remove, but the fit has to be a good feeling.
the fit has to enable good posture and relaxed positions.

Thin merino shirts are very good, and stretchy or loose pants.

'zackly, my fall winter spring outfit is mostly that, & from arc'teryx, merino tops and stretchy under and over stuff, then I throw on some waterproof blazer also arc'teryx veilance. Maybe it looks like a business suit but you can do yoga or climb a wall, then wade through green slime, hose off and hang to dry.

a leather hoodie may be over the merino and under the blazer