• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

PST overdose causing muscle paralysis and numbness?

MoreFeens4Morphine

Bluelighter
I wanted to celebrate Halloween with some PST. I took my usual amount - 2 pounds - from an extremely reliable vendor. Prior to this I had been on suboxone for a couple weeks and was off the suboxone for about a week so I could fully enjoy the PST.

I ended up blacking out on the PST and yesterday when I woke up most of my muscles were almost paralyzed. I can't raise my arms above my head, my left arm is impossible to control. The left side of my neck/collarbone is completely numb. You can drive a nail into it and I probably wouldn't feel it.

So can a morphine overdose cause muscle damage like this? It certainly couldn't have been the way I slept. I'm very experienced with PST and before getting on the suboxone was taking it about 3 times a week. Please help me. If my symptoms don't clear up soon I'm going to have to go to the hospital and spend a million dollars for them to tell me fuckle lol.

Thanks fellas,
-MF4M

I've never heard of this happening but it sounds like you really need to see a doctor. My bet is that your tolerance dropped from your break and you overestimated how much you could take.

Sorry, but your health is more important than money, see a doctor.

The numbness in my neck and collarbone have gone away, but that's about it. I'm probably going to take your advice if it doesn't show any improvement by Monday. My guess is during my blackout I did something incredibly stupid and fell or something like that.

Thanks though.

Whatever the cause, I think you must see a medical professional if your symptoms do not improve or abate. It's not unheard of for folks to become extremely intoxicated on Opioids and end up unconscious in a state in which your circulation is cut off, leading to, in extreme cases, the total death and subsequent amputation of limbs.

See a doctor please.

^^^This happened to me in 2009 when I was 19. Snorted 20mg’s Opana after eating way too much Klonopin, passed out lying on my arm and cut off circulation. My body went into shock and I had Compartment Syndrome in my arm. They made huge incisions to relieve the pressure of the swelling to save my arm.

I have full use of my arm back, but hideous skin grafts all over it. Not pretty at all.