View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybin Truffle Potency

cowboycurtis

Bluelighter
What kind of differences in potency have you noticed between batches of straight mushrooms vs. truffles in general? I know truffles tend to be a bit less potent, but I’m just trying to gauge how much I should take relative to mushrooms. I’m thinking about 3 grams for a low-level trip.

This reminds me, my clearnet vendor just started offering truffles and I've never had any before. Sorry, that doesn't answer your question....this is just a secondary person wondering the same since I completely plan on ordering me some once I'm done buying wine for my neighbours and gifts for the kids and all that sort of Christmas ting.

@cowboycurtis I woud imagine it depends on how old they are. My first assumption would be that is weak. Not sure why I think that. But they could be very strong. Keep us posted. Also I am just reading threads and figured I respond here, No I have never seen Dead and Company but did see the Dead from 1980-95 about 80 times. :) I have some respect for John Mayer because he seems to have respect to the whole scene so all I say is Welcome. He is a capable and damn good guitar player too.

You can probably find it on google, but 15g of normal strength truffles would be like 2.5-3g of shrooms I think. You will hardly feel 3g

I still got these truffles sitting next to me. Gonna take an eighth of an ounce. Just waiting for the right time. Just dropped a bunch of leftover rice cakes in some 🐴 💩 so should have some growing soon. Also got a bunch of mushrooms from another harvest and someone said these ones made a gram feel like an eighth. I’ve microdosed a few times in the meantime.

Didn't even know you could dry truffles without a massive loss in potency.. I looked it up and saw some site saying it's a 30% drop in weight. That would make 10g about 2.5g dried of shrooms.

Better to be safe though probably and start low

Truffles are not less potent than mushrooms.

What we call truffles is sclerotium - hardened mycelium - that develops when the cultivation environment is too hard for the fruit to develop.

The content of psilocybe and psilocybin are much more consistent and higher in sclerotium than it is in the fruit.

In Amsterdam, where mushrooms are illegal but the so-called truffles are legal, we tell the customers that 10 grams of FRESH truffles are a normal trip equivalent of 25 grams of FRESH mushrooms. (Or 1g:2,5g dry)

By the way the reason we sell them fresh is that the dutch consider the act of drying the product a type of extraction, which is ilegal. The fresh sclerotium is classified as a luxury food and it can even be shipped inside Holland.

Situation 2020

I don't know how the situation is going to develop this year, but I can tell you how it was last year:

There were two main truffles brand in Holland.

One is presented in small black plastic packs and it's from two brothers who have a super-advanced farm that produces the best psychedelic truffles in the world.

And the other is aimed at tourists and it is WEAKER. This one can be recognized by the fact that they are vacuum-sealed.

The truffle takes approximately 6 months to fully develop.

Most truffle farms have not this amount of time, which makes them low potency. In addition, they also don't have the customer base to clear the stock, so many of their truffles are old and may even cause the customer to throw up

(always make sure that your truffle is not rotten. If it is full of white fluff, it is ok, it's just mycelium and the truffle is healthy. If the product is all black, mushy or even green: don't consume it)

10gms of fresh high-quality truffles equals 2,5 grams of dried mushrooms (factors like species, cultivation method and time, etc... may change this proportion)
A truffle is 90% water if you need to make some calculations.

Must admit I never found truffles any less potent than ordinary cubensis. I forget the name of the truffles - but they were selling them back when mushrooms were legal in the UK. I enjoyed them, just a bit more awkward to dry.