• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Psilocybin Kombucha

Well, that was a waste of time.

Secondary ferment eliminates the psilocin, as was known, leaving some of the other alkaloids. I have no way of telling which but they're lame.

Basically, all the negative effects of mushrooms without any of the hallucination or major introspective potential.

Very minor visual distortions, gastrointestinal effects coupled with minor anxiety....sort of like butterflies in my stomach for two hours. Short acting.

Basically, the anxiety and gastrointestinal effects of mushrooms, without any of the fun hallucinations or introspection.

Very minor introspective potential on the come-down coupled with minor relaxation potential.

Waste of mushrooms, for real. Could possibly be interesting at very high doses...maybe...I guess. Probably not.

I still recommend mushrooms for kombucha tek (similar mechanism of action as lemon tek), but psilocybing kombucha is bunk. No point in using the tea as the base as the end result will likely be the same.

I'd love for someone else here to try it and report back to see if maybe I'm broken as are my mates, if anyone is interested in helping bootleg backyard science.

Hmmm... I'm not 100% convinced of your methods @SunriseChampion. No offense!

I'm going to dig back into this but it'll take me about a month start to finish.

Plan:

1) Brew up a batch of standard tea/sugar for a batch of boocha early next week.

2) While I wait for it to ferment (about 10 days in my climate) I'll secure the mushrooms. My supplier typically has Mckennaii mushrooms available.

3)On the day of the second fermentation I'll make a sugarless mushroom tea (using about 1.2 grams if Mckennaii). This should be enough for 2 fairly strong .6 gram micro doses

4)In the bottles (grolsh style) I'll add half of my tea (about 0.6 grams), some fruit juice (for added sugar and flavor).

5) Leave it to carbonate a day or two.

6) Drink

7) Report back here

Thoughts? Input?

Hmmm... I'm not 100% convinced of your methods @SunriseChampion. No offense!

I'm going to dig back into this but it'll take me about a month start to finish.

Plan:

1) Brew up a batch of standard tea/sugar for a batch of boocha early next week.

2) While I wait for it to ferment (about 10 days in my climate) I'll secure the mushrooms. My supplier typically has Mckennaii mushrooms available.

3)On the day of the second fermentation I'll make a sugarless mushroom tea (using about 1.2 grams if Mckennaii). This should be enough for 2 fairly strong .6 gram micro doses

4)In the bottles (grolsh style) I'll add half of my tea (about 0.6 grams), some fruit juice (for added sugar and flavor).

5) Leave it to carbonate a day or two.

6) Drink

7) Report back here

Thoughts? Input?
Very interested in hearing how this goes for you. But I would suggest dosing a bit higher, .6g can sometimes still be a bit too placebo-y for the purposes of testing something like this. Try 1g at a time, or 1.5 if you're comfortable with that dosage range.

I might. I microdose from time to time and can typically feel it at about .475 grams. 0.6 tends to be a pretty strong micro dose for me if eating raw. I have kids and do not want trip over the line so to speak. I would rather come at it slow and maybe waste half a gram and build up to it than to overdo it.

With that in mind though, I guess what I'm testing for here is potency loss.

Small poll for anyone out there in that thread. Do you believe:

1) There will be a total potency loss no matter the amount put in.

2) There may be a potency loss and it may take a larger dose to create the desired results vs raw or in tea

3) There will be little or no loss of potency if consumed within a few days of being added to a second ferment

4) Your cheese done slid off its cracker and this is a giant waste of time and resources

I had no idea (or if I did I forgot lol).. Guess ya learn something new every day.

When you say scoby are you referring to the layer of cellulose that forms on the top? Ive heard it called a pellicle
When I was working with buddy and even now at home I dont bother with adding that layer.. I just use a batch of starter fluid.
Whats your take?

@SunriseChampion I havent brewed in a bit but when I do Ill give this a whirl and let ya know
pellicule sound's a lot better, but that is indeed what i ment. (i really disliked scoby!)

do you know if psylocybine has nitrogen on them? as the symbiose will try to cleave that off as source of nutrition. and secondly will the kombucha get high?

psilocyn has a nice loose N, could that be enzymetically removed?

the reason i mention this is because it also devours about 2/3 of the caffeine used for the brew.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/jf050495h

there is nothing that i can find that actually confirms what i just wrote, some publication's report increased caffein content. and the above link in un-accessible for me atm. and is about fermetation of the tea not kombucha.

Last edited:
"After fermentation, the caffeine content in the Kombucha is less because the bacteria and yeast feed on it."

But from a site that also sells so hardly a source. They state the Caffeine content is reduced from 25 to 10/ 15 mg in a teacup,
so 2/ 5-th is eaten. Weird measument tool imo, mine are gigantic. My teacups ;)

But its afaik its the nitrogen they are after. Some of the inhabitant's can extract it from the air which is rare.

https://www.cdrfoodlab.com/foods-beverages-analysis/yan-kombucha/

on the nitrogen

https://biology.stackexchange.com/questions/70177/where-do-kombucha-scobys-get-nitrogen

on the nitrogen fixation from the air by some of the bacteria in Kombucha

Last edited:
An alternative you could try is GingerBeerPlant. Ginger beer is still produced at home using a symbiotic colony of yeast and a Lactobacillus (bacteria) Get your old man some of that and ask him brew some of that for you, re-bottle with your Mushroom tea.
When you have enough GBP, they reproduce fast, you can alway's experiment brewing with Mush tea added.

There is one guy in England who sell's it so shouldn't be to hard to find.

But the benefit's i am guessing it has is that GBP is way robuster then Kombucha. It can stand Ginger 💪. And feed's on the raw cane sugar, in theory producing GABA, and the Ginger. Hopefully leaving the Psilocybine alone.

It also can withstand way higher level's of Alcohol. Up to 12% i read. If you into that. Fun to watch btw all the grain like balls bouncing up and down.

Last edited: