bipolar_baller

Greenlighter
  1. 3g P. cubensis dried in each chocolate
  2. Consumed just before sunset
  3. THC-assist
  4. Outdoors/Indoors
  5. 2 sessions, back-to-back

Preface

There were three of us, all good friends. An old term comes to mind when describing our night with Cubensis: psychonauts. Our motivation for the mental journey was complex yet simple. The inner workings of the curious mind are relentless in their demands to understand and reach out to the world, not only through scholastic articulation, but through means of experimentation--directly experiencing it.

Our experiences define our short lifetime. The old man or woman that speaks as their body lays to waste, speaks through a lifetime of memories; whether of pain or pleasure, bliss or boredom, they speak with regret, with pleasure, with longing. Honesty is the ultimate force that affects reality. To be honest with ourselves, with each other, about the life that we share through time and over many generations, is to let go of reality. Detachment can sometimes further understanding of the madness of humanity.

From birth to death, life is filled turmoil: hunger, pain, pleasure, satisfaction, confusion, love, passion, hate, wonder, imagination, confinement. A brief moment of detachment from the infinite cycle of the Universe (however large or small the cycle, time will only end in timelessness) frees the mind so that it may see itself in the same void in which it exists. A reflection in the mirror is a glimpse of this void, but when the image comes from the mind's eye, and there is no observer, then the mind is free from the body, from society, from the constraints of physical existence. Thus, at the apex of freedom, the spiritual journey begins.

This is the middle of the journey, or at least far from the beginning. My spiritual journey has yet to end its ball and chain from the physical world, so I share my stories until that time comes.

1. The Beginning

Happiness. That is the sum of emotions and thoughts that define this brief period. Three friends share their ideas about familiar topics: science, relevant and current events. Deepwater Horizon is a teardrop in a Gulf of Time. It probably won't cause extinctions, but problems will persist for some time--physical and political. Disasters are the critical and necessary step to advancement. "How many people and animals died in the space race?" It's really not that bad if you look at the long-view, the perspective that looks at the past 100,000 years of human history, and then considers the age of current civilizations--and where the next 100,000 years might take us. Deep Atmospheric Boundary: when the cities of Venus push deeper into the dense and corrosive atmosphere...

Relationships between our knowledge overlap and conjoin our intelligence, experience gained from our conversations deepen our ambition and wonder. The three of us converse with a uniformity that is friendship. So throughout the science and politics, we incinerated several half-gram bowls of seedy marijuana, a.k.a. seedstock. The conversations melt into fluid descriptions of work and research at the Uni. Each of us working on our own projects, but each of our projects overlapping, just as the layers of smoke overlap each other in the incandescent glow of a single 40W bulb in the dank shed that is our comfortable and private Coffeeshop. One could almost see the photons dance off the unseen particles of the cloud, even as the particles moved collectively in chaotic wisps with each puff, with each flame.

Somewhere during this time, we ate our share of Cubensis--a chocolate per person. Within thirty minutes of consumption, we migrated outside the Coffeeshop Shed.... I was the last one to leave because I was closest to our 40W electron-to-photon lamp, which meant opening the 40W circuit, thus stopping the billions of photons from escaping the electron fire of alternating current. My mind began wandering as I approached the light.

6.0221415 × 1023. Avogadro's number. It is probably the most important tool for understanding chemistry. My mind cannot escape the thought: Electrons flow around 70 micrometers/second in the copper, before ejecting photons from tungsten...

The light was several steps from the door, and the sun had already set, so it was dark outside on a moonless night. I pushed the switch after my meditation on the unseen magic that is electricity, and darkness was accompanied by the aura of confusion and adventure. The imaginative euphoria disappeared with sudden isolation and despair.

My eyes did not adjust to the light for several minutes. The first wave of Cubensis grappled with reality, and everything that was the Coffeeshop Shed now dissolved into the abyss. My experience with altered reality, such as this, goes beyond drugs, to natural disorientation: falling, cranial impact, near-drowning, heat exhaustion, dehydration, periods of intense sickness--typical human ailments for the impulsive thrill seeker and endless curiosity. It was really nothing new, yet the fear of danger persisted.

The adjustment to the darkness started with the window, on the adjacent wall from the door. Until that clarity occurred, my mind raced with the thought of space. Vast darkness that a single person would never escape. Just a few kilometers from Earth and hopes of survival are a break with reality at best. I found myself holding my breath, waiting for the opportunity to signal Earth, to send an S.O.S., three fast, three slow, three fast. Dot dot dot. Dash Dash Dash. Dot dot dot.

How long is this going to last? My oxygen is infinite in the abyss of the Coffeeshop Shed, yet my mind is far away.

The adjustment finalized with the voices of my friends over my left shoulder, and as I turned, the door appeared as a vision of divinity. Outside! I survived...

2. The Ascent

We spent most the night watching the stars. The tingling sensations through our CNS drove us to a game of frisbee. The host of the night owned a glow in the dark frisbee that also had lights when it was in flight. Our coordination was only slightly hindered by Cubensis, and it made for a more eventful game. The glowing disc left visual artifacts, trails of its flight from person to person, the points of Pythagoras, following the order of the clockwise circumcenter. As we began reaching the plateau, we decided to return to the Coffeeshop Shed for a complementary bowl of seedstock.

3. The Plateau

Visuals in the smoke and in our surroundings enveloped the scene. The screeching locusts accosted my senses, sending the journey into a high frequency spark that began a neural forest fire. I receded from social involvement, now on my own throughout the private, illustrious journey. All of it seemed to last only moments, as if recalling the last ten years of my life in a rush through mental highways and personal landmarks. It lasted a few hours, but condensed into moments. The experiences were lost to time, as are all of our experiences. Everything is condensed into memories.

Only special people can re-experience experiences. For the rest of us, our memories serve as summaries of life. Brief reports that can be fed into the mind for recollection, but the spirit world of the moment--the moments of the past--are gone forever. Recreation of past events are only poor substitutes for what transpired in our childhood, as a teenager, maturity, and then the inevitable descent into mortality.

4. The Descent

Number three (or perhaps number one or two, an arbitrary assignment) left after the Cubensis fireworks (Cubenis Fire). So now there were two of us, and coincidentally, two chocolates left...

The rest of the night was spent on the couch. Shortly after the second trip began, I was asleep. It wasn't a normal sleep, since the Cubensis visited me in my dreams. So, over the next 7 hours, my sleep most accurately be described as the beginning moments of sleep, as one falls asleep, and experiences a lucid yet fictional reality that the unconscious mind creates as conscious reality is switched off--as the 40W lamp is switched off.

Now that's a very different kind of report, unlike any other that I've ever read actually. Not sure what to make of it or what you are trying to share.

I'm gonna have a coffee and then read it again, see if I can tease any more from it.I can't work out if it's poetic brilliance or rambling philosophical nonsense.

Maybe it's both :)

thanks for submitting it.

Now that's a very different kind of report, unlike any other that I've ever read actually. Not sure what to make of it or what you are trying to share.

I'm gonna have a coffee and then read it again, see if I can tease any more from it.I can't work out if it's poetic brilliance or rambling philosophical nonsense.

Maybe it's both :)

thanks for submitting it.

This

My pleasure.

I have a hard time reading through other trip reports... sometimes. I wanted to throw out my own experience in my own way of writing. It is a little heady, I admit, but I hope you enjoy it (whether brilliant or nonsensical).