• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybe Semilanceata - how much for the first time?

all right :) I can imagine the mushroom-trip might be a little blit easier to handle after trying mdma. I tried a small dose of 2cb too a few years ago, but I dindn't really have much of an effect on me. Guess I took too little :p

^yip, definitely. There seems to be a consensus that taking benzos and psychedelics is inherintely wrong, and somehow dampens their useful effects, and prohibits spiritual growth. I challenge this, and I think I'll start a thread tomorrow to elaborate further on my opinions. It quite simply isn't true. Some people have bad anxiety, and Valium can help.

Miner_49er: I've just had 1.6 grams of p. Semilanceata as I had some problems to work through. I can guarantee you that 1.5 grams won't present you with any problems. I'm going to describe roughly what you will experience.

Firstly, I'd reccomend taking the mushroom without the Valium first. My main reason for this is that 1. I'm sure you can do it and 2. The amnesia from benzos definitely impacts your ability to remember the trip. Wait and come up and see. If you need one, take one, but its really going to be such a gentle experience. Unless you're a massively anxious person and would ordinarily be feeling really anxious anyway then you shouldn't require a benzo.

So here is what I experienced tonight from 0.1 more than you took (I took 0.5 grams in January and it wasn't really any different).

There was no noticeable comeup. Over the course of an hour I gradually entered a very gentle state which probably peaked (if you can call it that) for 1.5 hours.

The peak was characterised by a very mellow, gentle, confident state of being. My thought trail was entirely intact other than I felt more open, intelligent and connected. I was purposefully approaching some very, very deep aspects of my personality and at no point did I feel overwhelmed or like that could possibly happen. It was just me; except a deeper, more spiritual, psychedelic me.

Everything glowed and the visuals were totally borderline. I know from my trip in January that if you breathe, meditate and focus, then you can bring them out more. I wasn't focusing on them because I was mainly thinking and writing but basically you're talking everything is HD, beautiful, glowing, mild tracers etc. You will see the world through a whole new lens, which is really really special. Make sure you're in a nice, clean environment and find some cool art to look at. Check out people like Alex Grey. Psychedelic Art on psychedelics is.mind blowingly good.

Its been just over 4 and a half hours now and I've gradually came down. I feel a bit sleepy but still quite shroomey. I was going to listen to psy trance but I feel it would get me too ampted, and I want to sleep. There is a kind of synthetic, digital druggyness which I know would love to rear its head and get me going. I can imagine my jaw clenching and it sounding incredible, and I'd really love that ordinarily, but I just need to sleep.

Shrooms or MDMA, it's your choice. Don't let fear of the shrooms.dictate it though. 1.5 grams of Semilanceata is incredibly likely to produce a similar trip.

Let us know how it goes, & enjoy. I promise you it will be fine :)

I've had a great experience on 0.75g p. semilanceata. very fun, was mild though. if it's your first time tripping I can't see you being particularly disappointed by that, and it would be a nice intro, but to get more of a feel of true tripping without diving in too hard maybe go with 1-1.5g. p. semilanceata are lovely, cubensis are just plain horrible in comparison (in my opinion). don't underestimate the strength of semilanceata though, they are much much more potent than your average batch of cubes, IME. definitely be careful to make sure researched dosages are for the right species, if you took someones "yeah eat 2.5-3.5g, good starter dose" advice for some cubes, but had sems, that could end pretty badly, especially for a first timer. Don't underestimate the ability of mushrooms to really fuck you over

Semilanceata can be quite a lot stronger than cubensis, if they're freshly picked & dried. They're all a bit different too, it depends on the size of the mushroom as well as the weight, smaller mushrooms are usually more potent by weight. 1g should be enough for a trip, 2g should be a fairly strong trip equivalent to about 3g of good cubensis.

I've never consumed this species dried, only ever fresh from the earth. I've found that from 6 mushrooms each a friend and I were able to achieve a nice headspace and very slight visuals a pleasent night , although 10/15g fresh is a decent time but if you want to go for it go straight to about 20g fresh most I've had was 25g fresh libs and that resulted in a level 4 experience ;)

Not enough for me but I'd also say 2g of these mushrooms isn't really going to be mild for most first timers/novices. I'd say 2g Semilanceta is probably good for new users. Giving new users to light a dose of a psychedelic to ease them in is not good policy > better to have good set setting and sitter and actually get a good idea of what psychedelic is. My GF still finds 2g totally enough. I would need a lot more (although not keen on shrooms compared to other psyches) but early in my carreer I think 2g would have given me food for thought.

Giving new users to light a dose of a psychedelic to ease them in is not good policy

I have had the opposite experience. If I am beginning using psychedelics after abstinence, or switching psychedelics, I benefit from using smaller amounts on the first occasion. I consume the first full dose 7-10 days later and experience fewer adverse effects after titrating the dose.

When Sandoz originally released Delysid this was the recommended cycle.

Eroiwd said:
from the data sheet accompanying product:
(see also Physician's Desk Reference from mid-60's)

Delysid (LSD 25)

D-lysergic acid diethylamide tartrate

Sugar-coated tablets containing 0.025 mg. (25 ug.)
Ampoules of 1 ml. containing 0.1 mg. (100 ug.) for oral administration.

The solution may also be injected s.c. or i.v. The effect is identical with that of oral administration but sets in more rapidly.

PROPERTIES

The administration of very small doses of Delysid (1/2-2 ug./kg. body weight) results in transitory disturbances of affect, hallucinations, depersonalization, reliving of repressed memories, and mild neuro-vegetative symptoms. The effect sets in after 30 to 90 minutes and generally lasts 5 to 12 hours. However, intermittent disturbances of affect may occasionally persist for several days.

METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION

For oral administration the contents of 1 ampoule of Delysid are diluted with distilled water, a 1% solution of tartaric acid or halogen-free tap water.

The absorption of the solution is somewhat more rapid and more constant that that of the tablets.

Ampoules which have not been opened, which have been protected against light and stored in a cool place are stable for an unlimited period. Ampoules which have been opened or diluted solutions retain their effectiveness for 1 to 2 days, if stored in a refrigerator.

INDICATIONS AND DOSAGE

Analytical psychotherapy, to elicit release of repressed material and provide mental relaxation, particularly in anxiety states and obsessional neuroses. The initial dose is 25 ug. (1/4 of an ampoule or 1 tablet). This dose is increased at each treatment by 25 ug. until the optimum dose (usually between 50 and 200 ug.) is found. The individual treatments are best given at intervals of one week.
Experimental studies on the nature of psychoses: By taking Delysid himself, the psychiatrist is able to gain an insight in the world of ideas and sensations of mental patients. Delysid can also be used to induced model psychoses of short duration in normal subjects, this facilitating studies on the pathogenesis of mental disease.

In normal subjects, doses of 25 to 75 ug. are generally sufficient to produce a hallucinatory psychosis (on an average 1 ug./kg. body weight). In certain forms of psychosis and in chronic alcoholism, higher doses are necessary (2 to 4 ug./kg. body weight).

PRECAUTIONS

Pathological mental conditions may be intensified by Delysid. Particular caution is necessary in subjects with a suicidal tendency and in those cases where a psychotic development appears imminent. The psycho-affective lability and the tendency to commit impulsive acts may occasionally last for some days.

Delysid should only be administered under strict medical supervision. The supervision should not be discontinued until the effects of the drug have completely worn off.

ANTIDOTE

The mental effects of Delysid can be rapidly reversed by the i.m. administration of 50 mg. chlorpromazine. Literature available on request.

SANDOZ LTD., BASLE, SWITZERLAND

9792*-Z1540 e.-sp./d.-fr.
Printed in Switzerland.
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_faq.shtml

Last edited:
I've eaten a lot of Semilanceata in my years, hope to eat many more lol

If you're confident, itching to enjoy the ride & full of good mood, make your first dose nearer 2grams.

if you're nervous, or you have any possible background concerns, bring your first dose down towards the 1gram mark.

It's not rocket science to adjust this dosage depending upon mood on the day.

Then, regardless of your initial dose, if you find you're enjoying yourself immensely, you're not in the slightest bit anxious or distressed, you could extend the trip by adding a little more, or intensify it considerably by dosing the initial dose again. You will need to redose within about 90 minutes of the first dose if you expect it to work. Go easy redosing until you're more experienced would be good advice!

There's only so much adding to the trip that you can do with Tryptamines, there's not much point in redosing more than once or twice with any shrooms, in my experience, because you end up wasting material chasing an effect that just cannot be repeated until tolerance is cleared entirely.

Enjoy & let us know what you do & how it goes =D

Ok. So last time ended it a not so pleasent experience. I may come back to that later.

So I thought about giving it another try tonight. I only have 1g, and was thinking about eating about 0,2g. My main problem now is that it is getting kinda late, and I'm feeling a little bit bored and a bit tired (even though I don't think I am sleep-deprived.) How might this affect the trip? I have eaten a good enough meal, and drank a few beers earlier, but far from drunk. Should I just go for it, or wait?

Edit: I also have MDMA (like 0,2g) but I wanted my first (good) psychedelic experience to be with a natural substance. :)

Last edited:
How many did you take, and what happened?

Shit, I ended up eating 1,5g. waaay too much for the first time for me. Felt much more psysical that what I expected. Everything felt too intense, and I couldn't relax, then I started feeling sick and threw up for a while. Had some mild weavy visuals, but felt too sick to be entertained by them. All in all not a good experience.

Last edited:
Shit, I ended up eating 1,5g. waaay too much for the first time for me. Felt much more psysical that what I expected. Everything felt too intense, and I couldn't relax, then I started feeling sick and threw up for a while. All in all not a good experience.

Whooopps, there goes my promise:

Let us know how it goes, & enjoy. I promise you it will be fine :)

I'm suprised it was too intense at that dose, although it is completely situational. I've had semilanceata kick in a few hours after dosing once, and quite suddenly as well. A horrible experience.

Was much happening mentally/visually, or was it mainly just the physical sensation you didn't enjoy, and the consequent being sick etc?

Whooopps, there goes my promise:

I'm suprised it was too intense at that dose, although it is completely situational. I've had semilanceata kick in a few hours after dosing once, and quite suddenly as well. A horrible experience.

Was much happening mentally/visually, or was it mainly just the physical sensation you didn't enjoy, and the consequent being sick etc?

Mostly being sick and bein very dissapointed that I didn't have a good experience. The visuals was not that exstreme, but in the state I was in I just found them kinda annoying.
Mentally, I felt my mind drifting to things I regretted/wish I did differently in the past. I was also completely unable to sleep for like the entire next day. Just laid there feeling like a quiestionmark, dissapointed and depressed.

Last edited:
Ok, so it's staring to close in ti midnight here, and I am still unsure whether I should trtip tonight. Last time, I really enjoyed the good weather the day after even though I didn't really like the experience itself, so I thought I'd like to take it when the weather it good. It's supposed to rain on the day after tomorrow, so then I won't get to experience that "bonus" effect.

Edit: Feeling quite anxious to have another try, but with a much lower dosage this time. Only problem is if it is starting to get a little too late. I also have had a few beers.

Last edited:
Is it ok, if I eat a pizza, then go tripping? or would that be fucked up? Should I wait until tomorrow? also, how long will ca. 0,2g last?

EDIT: I have some ginger beer, and comille tea to help me with the nausea this time. Don't know how much they will help though.

EDIT 2: I kinda REALLY wanna go tripping tonight, unless it is a terrible idea. :p

Last edited:
Ok. So I ended up dosing around midnight, as that's the time I'm usually at my calmest. (Maybe it's a bit late, but who cares?) took a few stems more after a little over 30 mins. Feeling ok now. Should I take more? I don't wanna waste the stuff by taking too little and having no effect.

EDIT: also, is it possible t o ingest them too slowly and therfore not get the desired effect from them? (no/dimished effect?)

Last edited: