View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybe cubensis strains

Fetus Fetish

Bluelighter
I am planning on growing some mushrooms and I don't know what strain I should grow. I know they are all pretty much the same but I know they have different shapes and grow rates and maybe a bit different potency. Witch one would be the best shape wise because more may be able to fit on one cake or you might have overall more grams of shrooms. I also am looking for the fastest growing one and a preferabley hardy one. I know potency barely varies but I want to take that into account to, so what strain do you recommend?

They are all pretty much the same man, except maybe penis envy, which is supposed to be a bit more potent. It more has to do with how they are grown than anything. A cube is a cube as they say. I don't know if that's the shape you are looking for or not though. ;)

They are all pretty much the same man, except maybe penis envy, which is supposed to be a bit more potent. It more has to do with how they are grown than anything. A cube is a cube as they say. I don't know if that's the shape you are looking for or not though. ;)
I've heard this before but I guess I get it now thanks

I've heard this before but I guess I get it now thanks
I just grew some. I got entheogen explosion and then maybe penis envy or some mexican strain. I would look for pictures and look for ones that grow thick and hardy. I paid more for entheogen explosion and it grew some really thin mushrooms. The mexican strain grew a hardier thicker mushroom both cap and stem. You want to grow as big a mushroom as you can, so choose from the pictures, NOT the prices. They make the higher priced ones sound really special, but they are not. Once they start growing, they go bonkers. You won't believe how much that they grow. It's freaking crazy. Be very careful when you inoculate the cakes. Follow directions, be meticulous. If you do it correctly, you will inoculate all your cakes and you will literally grow ounces of mushrooms. Literally more than you'll know what to do with. But, take your time innoculating, be precise, make sure you don't infect your cakes. If you get ten cakes going the sky is the limit of what you can produce it. You literally won't believe what you can accomplish. Make sure you keep the temperatures and humidity within the presribed limits. Be accurate and you will blow your own mind with what you can accomplish. The Mushrooms are like an outer space species and they will just go and go...

I just grew some. I got entheogen explosion and then maybe penis envy or some mexican strain. I would look for pictures and look for ones that grow thick and hardy. I paid more for entheogen explosion and it grew some really thin mushrooms. The mexican strain grew a hardier thicker mushroom both cap and stem. You want to grow as big a mushroom as you can, so choose from the pictures, NOT the prices. They make the higher priced ones sound really special, but they are not. Once they start growing, they go bonkers. You won't believe how much that they grow. It's freaking crazy. Be very careful when you inoculate the cakes. Follow directions, be meticulous. If you do it correctly, you will inoculate all your cakes and you will literally grow ounces of mushrooms. Literally more than you'll know what to do with. But, take your time innoculating, be precise, make sure you don't infect your cakes. If you get ten cakes going the sky is the limit of what you can produce it. You literally won't believe what you can accomplish. Make sure you keep the temperatures and humidity within the presribed limits. Be accurate and you will blow your own mind with what you can accomplish. The Mushrooms are like an outer space species and they will just go and go...

This, 100%.

Our current grow has been sub-optimal for the first flush thanks to not being quite warm and humid enough, so it produced tiny little abort mushrooms......but even then HOLY SHIT THERE ARE SO MANY hahaha

This, 100%.

Our current grow has been sub-optimal for the first flush thanks to not being quite warm and humid enough, so it produced tiny little abort mushrooms......but even then HOLY SHIT THERE ARE SO MANY hahaha

You need to have the temp between 75 and 78 fahrenheit. And the humidity between 85 and 95 percent. Both of these things should be manageable. I you are in Melbourne and it is winter, that would make it harder. I just grew mine in California during the summer and it was a piece of cake. I didn't really have to manage anything. I didn't have one abort through the whole process. Maybe you should wait for it to warm up which takes care of the temperature, sunlight(should get eighth hours) and also the humidity, which is just a matter of keeping the perlite damp. You will grow thousands..Also seriously consider putting your cakes in refrigerated water for 16-20 hours. It slows down your next flush, but makes them bigger and thicker. Totally worth the extra two days. It's psilocybin city.

Indeed. Unfortunately my housemates were on holidays and I had no idea where the hell he'd left the thermo/hygrometer :( had to go by guess using the heated blanket, humidifier was on a timer.

Housemates have returned though and located the missing device haha. All sorted. Will see if they perk up before soaking them though :)

Mexican / Thai are both quick growers and give a nice high - Mexican never fail to give me serious bouts of laughter. Not the strongest of trips but really good fun.

You need to have the temp between 75 and 78 fahrenheit. And the humidity between 85 and 95 percent. Both of these things should be manageable. I you are in Melbourne and it is winter, that would make it harder. I just grew mine in California during the summer and it was a piece of cake. I didn't really have to manage anything. I didn't have one abort through the whole process. Maybe you should wait for it to warm up which takes care of the temperature, sunlight(should get eighth hours) and also the humidity, which is just a matter of keeping the perlite damp. You will grow thousands..Also seriously consider putting your cakes in refrigerated water for 16-20 hours. It slows down your next flush, but makes them bigger and thicker. Totally worth the extra two days. It's psilocybin city.
Thanks for the info. First time I heard about using refrigerated water, going to try that out for my next batch

Thanks for the info. First time I heard about using refrigerated water, going to try that out for my next batch
Just get a quart bag. put the cake in. Fill the bag with filtered water as full as you can. then zip the top shut. It should hold the water...It works great

^^^ that's exactly what we did. Personally I don't know the full science behind it, but it definitely gets them nice and thick as MetanoiaMan says before you stick them in the terrarium :)

Golden teachers are a pretty solid cube strain...
Good yield and they dont seem too finicky compared to others ive tried

thanks this is a very helpful reply, what strain do you think is the biggest because it is kind of hard to tell by the pictures, some are easy to see that they are very small others are obviously a good size and one thing that is a bit hard to know is if the stems are hollow because that can make them a lot lighter.

thanks this is a very helpful reply, what strain do you think is the biggest because it is kind of hard to tell by the pictures, some are easy to see that they are very small others are obviously a good size and one thing that is a bit hard to know is if the stems are hollow because that can make them a lot lighter.
Entheogen explosion and yucatan gold were very good. Yucatan gold was thick and got super big when done right.