• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Pseudoephedrine vs Ephedrine?

ghostcord

Greenlighter
Are they more like caffeine or are they more like meth/other stims? If you ever tried either Id like to know how they effected you

Though neither are much like caffeine, pseudoephedrine might be described more caffeine-like compared to ephedrine. Pseudoephedrine feels mostly peripherally stimulating, in a sense it keeps your body awake more than your brain, no mood lift really or much clarity.

Ephedrine is a much more active stimulant than pseudoephedrine. Feels more amphetamine-like. But it still feels quite peripherally acting too. Ephedrine feels like the bastard child of pseudoephedrine and adderall.

Ephedrine is a much better stimulant than pseudoephedrine, even some potential for some mild euphoria. I remember taking some strong herbal ephedra tablets when I was 17 and feeling quite good. Never got much euphoria when i used bronkaid (ephedrine) as an adult but it definitely has some mood lift/antidepressant-like effects. Can also cause some fairly nasty irritability when it wears off though.

They used to use both to synthesize crank or butter back in the 90s
Small cooks still use pseudoephedrine. They drive all over and multiple people get decongestant tablets from the states where they are OTC.
Then they extract the pseudoephedrine from the tabs.

----

Apparently some enterprising chemists have decided to manufacture their own pseudoephedrine from benzaldehyde --> phenylacetylcarbinol --> dextro-pseudoephedrine --> dextro-methamphetamine. Benzaldehyde is such a ubiquitous precursor for so many chemicals that it's not watched. Apparently there are yeast that convert benzaldehyde to l-pac. Who knew.

(I was good. I did not say what the processes to go from. One substance to the next actually are, so I'm abiding by the terms of service.)