View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

PSA- Dave Tipper's music aka "DMT: the musical"

Panicogen

Greenlighter
I know this isnt the right place to post this, but i think people should know! Over the weekend I got to experience Tipper's music on his function 1 sound system. It was magical! It was like I was tripping DMT, but I wasn't.

The only way I can describe it is if someone made a fuck ton of music whilst tripping on a lot of DMT/acid. His music sounds like dmtland. And with the combination of Android Jones visuals, it feels like you are straight in the void. Its amazing and I think this is the epitome of the human experience.

If anyone ever gets the chance to see Tipper live, do so at all expense. Due to the high definition sound system, seeing him live is ideal if you want to get the true experience. His mp3s are amazing but it doesn't come close..

The whole concert hall smelled like mothballs and licorice both nights! (From all the molly/sas and dmt) Such a bizarre experience! The music has you saying "what the fuck, how?!?" . mind bending music at its best!! Really amazing!!

Check out a video from that night:
https://youtu.be/ljMh8o-Z9TI

Friend of mine brought some Tipper music on one of our lsd trips. Felt like my mind got pulled inside out, I loved it :D

I've caught a Tipper set on a massive outdoor Funktion One system, and it was without a doubt one of the most incredible sonic experiences in my life.

It's amazing to be alive in this time.

I used to do setup and breakdown at big festivals. Often I helped setup the funktion one sound system. Met Tipper and hung out with him several times. i've seen him play live countless times under the influence of every drug imaginable, as well as tons of other artists in that same genre. If you are really into that early glitch-hop/idm sound I could recommend a bunch of other music for you to check out. my record collection would make you bust a nut. lol.

check out this song if you've never heard it. this was always one of the favorite songs in my group of friends. (I have 2 copies on vinyl haha!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYnmP8HOZ00

here's another classic we used to love
https://soundcloud.com/khailey/rodman-aka-lux-guitar-studio

I don't want to say much more than that as it could easily reveal my identity. But I can post links to a bunch of that type of music.

Last edited:
DeadElvis666 please share more artists/albums/tracks! This Telefon Tel Aviv track is amazing!

I've met tipper a few times as well, and seen him perform over the last ... hmm 15 years maybe? I try to avoid elevating individual egos, but he's definitely someone I look up to in many ways. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that he is one of the most talented producers alive, yet he is so humble about it, never comes across as big headed or self important. I've seen him play to a crowd of less than 30 and crowds of thousands, and it seems like it's all the same to him, he really, genuinely is jus in it for the love of the music.

I can't say I really know him at all, just the impressions I've had from being around him a bit, and meeting him these few times.

Do you remember how he had some heart problems a while back? I've been wondering for a while if he's a heavy psychedelic user and if his problems were to do with heart valves. That's the one physical health risk that I know of that could be possible with chronic PD usage.

PS: this is a great and fairly recent downloadable ambient set from the man: https://soundcloud.com/tippermusic/tipper-cosm-ambient-set in particular check out the track that drops at 48:52 - wow

Last edited:
Do you remember how he had some heart problems a while back? I've been wondering for a while if he's a heavy psychedelic user and if his problems were to do with heart valves. That's the one physical health risk that I know of that could be possible with chronic PD usage

Yes that was the second thing i was going to bring up. I wouldn't be surprised that his heart issues developed from use. Dave has definitely endulged in psychedelics. Even though I like to think psychs are safe, doing them for prolong periods of time might be a little risky. Its crazy, but I feel its possible. He is pretty young to have open heart surgery..

I've seen Tipper play a handful of times. Tripped for his show every time, there is no other way. Words really cannot do his music justice. I got to thank him once, shook his hand at a show. I was flying on LSD, of course, it was fucking magical. Everyone should listen to Tipper. My favorite artist of all time, and no it is not an understatement to say he is an absolute master of psychedelic music.

<3 TIPPER!!!!!

it's been so long since I played any of those tracks or even listened to them. My current and (my previous) GF don't care for that genre of music (wtf right?) so I kinda stepped away from all that stuff. And the scene just got out of control. When I started getting involved it was still a really small scene and I actually used to hang out with many of those artists. I spent countless hours at crazy warehouse after-parties and getting blown out of my mind on drugs. But all good things must come to an end. The scene blew up, and lots of people I was hanging out with started becoming pretty popular artists and touring a lot. I got so lost in the drugs that I stopped playing records and had to spend a couple years getting clean. By the time I got myself back together, everything had changed and it wasn't really a scene I wanted to be a part of. But I do sometimes kick myself when I see people who I used to perform with playing at gigs like coachella. Maybe if I'd stayed more focused on the music instead of getting so lost in the drugs, I would be a famous DJ right now, opening up for people like Tipper. But it was a crazy scene to be a part of, and I think the lifestyle would have probably destroyed me. I was lucky enough to become friends with some of my favorite artists, and that's pretty cool. But I'm actually much happier now. Sometimes I look back and miss the sense of family we all had. There were a couple hundred of us who went to every show/festival and all became a really tightly knit community. But that seems like a long time ago. Most of us who didn't become successful musicians eventually settled down, started families and work regular jobs (or died). It was a major chapter in my life, but honestly I'm glad it's over. These days I just listen to whatever my girlfriend is into, which is mostly indie-rock stuff. But I still only listen to vinyl and I'll never stop mixing records. I even wrote an EP of glitchy downtempo stuff a couple years ago but never bothered to get it mastered or released. I'm just not really interested in that lifestyle anymore. I make music because it's fun and rewarding, but I don't really have much desire to attend a show these days, let alone perform at one. I guess our priorities change. Tonight is friday night, and I'm looking forward to just watching some NetFlix with my girlfriend and going to bed early. But ten years ago I would have been getting ready for a 3 day drug bender and calling up everyone in my phone so I could be on the guestlist for every show. I don't think I've actually been to a proper show in years. Maybe it means I'm growing up, or getting old, but I'm really happy to put that world behind me and move on with my life. When you're young it's a really magical thing to get involved with, and the experiences I had with that music, the drugs, the people... it was too amazing for words. But I'm sure glad it's over.

Sounds amazing man, I'm a bit jealous :D
I've had a pretty boring life, never did anything, first because of a lack of friends, then because of an other kind of addiction (gaming...). Started experimenting with psychedelics when I was 25, tripped once or twice a year, only now that I've got a good supply of 1P I'm tripping more. I'm in my 30s now, but still the lsd made me appreciate a lot of things more, music in particular, and I really enjoy tripping with my friends, exploring each others mind & music (friend of mine brought Tripper once, which made me check out this topic because I really liked it). And when sober I can also really get into the music, much more than in my pre-lsd life.
One of my recent 'discoveries' (same friend brought it with him last trip) that I enjoy so much even sober that it manages to bring me physical pleasure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El4wAdz0zGw

Again, thanks for the suggestions, I'm going in through em a few at a time, so far I really like em, especially that first one, "Oh Linda.....", that ending :D8(

I started so young. I started selling acid at the tender age of 15. I was a punk rocker and I would take heroic doses with my punk buddies. At 16 some older guys who threw small rave parties asked me to be the resident dealer at their parties because having a minor running the drugs was a lot safer from a legal standpoint. So I was brought into a world of much older people who were very involved in the music scene. Soon I became interested in electronic music, bought some turntables and started collecting records. I was really into trip-hop and downtempo. When the glitch-hop music started coming out (stuff like Prefuse 73, Tipper, the stuff on Merck Records were my first exposure) I moved to a big city so I could get into the music scene and learn about all this crazy new music that was coming out. Some time around then edIT released his "crying over pros" album and everything started to really come together in that scene. I was definitely lucky to be in the right place at the right time. But it was crazy to see the scene go from "ten nerdy guys with glasses" to thousands of screaming ravers... That actually kinda ruined it though to be honest.

This thread rules. I've seen Tipper a couple times, fucking love his music. Caught a Tipper sunrise set a few months ago, absolutely incredible. At that same festival, there was a sunrise set with edIT and Ooah performing "Crying Over Pros..". That was one of the most beautiful moments of my life. That album means so much to me, I was really surprised to see them on the lineup.

DeadElvis, you blew my mind with those tracks! Thanks for sharing! Please post more, I downloaded all the albums from the songs you posted that I haven't heard yet (which was most of them). I love glitch music so much.

Symbiosis. That was one of the festivals I would work at. I saw the "crying over porcelain" set the first time they played it at symbiosis. I think they did it again a couple years ago. Probably one of my all time top 5 sets ever. So amazing.

Yeah I was talking about this last year at Symbiosis. "Crying Over Porcelain", that's right. What an incredible set! You going to Symbiosis 2017?