• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Prozac withdraw and microdosing mushrooms

I gather you've never tripped? Hallucinations is a misnomer. The experience of 5g mushies would be something words can't describe. It would be an intense, no bars held, exploration of your inner self.

I have tripped but not on mushrooms.
^Ah, that's exactly the kind of thing that would scare the shit out of me.
Maybe I could take the 5g along with a couple Xanax bars and sleep through the whole thing. Then I'd still get the depression-lifting effects.

I have tripped but not on mushrooms.
^Ah, that's exactly the kind of thing that would scare the shit out of me.
Maybe I could take the 5g along with a couple Xanax bars and sleep through the whole thing. Then I'd still get the depression-lifting effects.
not how psychedelics work. Its about the experince that gives rise to healing. benzos mute anything

not how psychedelics work. Its about the experince that gives rise to healing. benzos mute anything

So it would only help with the psychological aspects of depression? That wouldn't work for me then. Mine is "organic" depression (caused by severely skewed levels of neurotransmitters in my brain) plus BPD which is actually physical differences in the brain. I thought you meant that the mushrooms actually altered your serotonin or something.

So it would only help with the psychological aspects of depression? That wouldn't work for me then. Mine is "organic" depression (caused by severely skewed levels of neurotransmitters in my brain) plus BPD which is actually physical differences in the brain. I thought you meant that the mushrooms actually altered your serotonin or something.
Mushrooms resets the default neuro network which happens through the high dose experince of encountering the ultimate reality as that happens the chemical will alter your brain chemistry and wiring and repair neuron damage pretty much resetting you and thus healing depression. blunting the effects of benzos stops this all from happening. The shrooms will cure it at a neurochemical base aswell. That is what happened to me on my experince i went to ultimate infinite reality saw god went into my own brain and to the root of depression and saw my neurons been healed one by one and have felt amazing ever since.

EVERY drug greatly reduces depression, though. You're not "cured", you're high. Although I guess could say the same about SSRI's.

I'm not a medical professional and I don't recommend anyone do what I did because it isn't necessarily safe but you best believe that self-prescribing MDMA and mushrooms cured me of my suicidal depression when I was 19.

Dude I never thought id get so many responses so soon but all the input is really helping! im buying 3gs later today off this cool girl I met for 10 a g i'll be sure to post an update

EVERY drug greatly reduces depression, though. You're not "cured", you're high. Although I guess could say the same about SSRI's.

So you obviously don’t know what you’re talking about lol. Mushrooms increase BDNF which is one of the mechanisms of AD’s as well and has been show to be one of the many modulators of depression. Mushrooms have been shown to be effective in this long term.

OP - you don’t need to go off to dose mushrooms but I think you’d be better off using ketamine in a regimen used in trials. Start it while on the AD and then taper off while continuing in the ketamine therapy. Been doing this with both ketamine and mushrooms (although never used ADs myself) and it’s been working well.

My first trip ever was on a heavy heavy dose of acid and i was completely suicidal it ended up been the best night of my entire life i have a trip report on it. Suicidal people should take psychedelics they in my experince and what i have seen are the number 1 anti suicidal thing on this planet

Definitely agree

Obviously I was exaggerating, but opioids, benzo's, amphetamines, cocaine, barbiturates, MDMA...generally (while you're on them) most drugs DO make you feel better. Amphetamines are a miracle cure for Major Depressive Disorder is an extremely high percentage of people...but they cause psychosis (I had a VERY similar experience to Sara Goldfarb in that respect) and cardiac problems.

That's actually really interesting! They're saying this about a lot of drugs lately (Ketamine and LSD come to mind). I would try shrooms if that is true except I'd probably hate the actual high from them. Would 5g make you full-on hallucinate?

I personally also find amphetamines are great for lifting my mood but I would not see them as a long term solution as tolerance develops very quickly and the euphoria is one of the first effects you lose when tolerant. If it would cure depression in most people we would see much less comorbid depression in people with adhd (it is one of the most common comorbid conditions associated with the disorder)

Yes, 5g would certainly give you full-on hallucinations. It is considered a very heavy dose. I suggest you start lower of you are not familiar with mushrooms because 5g will probably be overwhelming and scary. 2g would be a good starting point if you want the full range of effects with less risk of freaking out.