View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Prozac mixed with other substances

yungpsychonaut

Greenlighter
I take 30mg of prozac(fluoxetine) daily and I have tripped on acid once. Nothing bad happened no adverse effects but I was wondering if there is a possibility of seretonin syndrome, and if you can still trip pretty hard on lsd because I have read it lessens the effects. Also is skipping my medication the day of the trip going to have any impact?

There is no possibility of serotonin syndrome, as LSD does not increase serotonin, it simply mimics it. Generally on SSRIs such as fluoxetine, people report it being harder to trip, they need to take more for the same effect. But some people don't seem to get any interaction. Either way it's not dangerous.

Skipping your medication the day of the trip will not give enough time for the amount of drug in your system to really reduce by a whole lot. Also discontinuing SSRIs suddenly usually results in a very nasty withdrawal syndrome so I wouldn't do that.

Sorry no one responded sooner, welcome to Bluelight. :)

I take 30 mg of Prozac a day and have tripped on acid twice, done shrooms once, and smoke weed daily. I was wondering the side effects of combining DMT with prozac? Or ketamine with Prozac? Cocaine and Prozac? Just want to know for harm reduction purposes.

I merged your two threads together as they're basically the same question. See my reply above regarding LSD. Any serotonergic psychedelic is not going to be dangerous (that includes DMT, LSD, mushrooms, etc) but it may reduce the intensity (but don't assume it will, it might not). Ketamine should also be safe and it likely will have no effect on ketamine. Cocaine should also not have a bad interaction. However, serotonin releasers like MDMA can cause serotonin syndrome when combined with SSRIs so do not combine those two.

Oh okay, I guess maybe it's not so safe then... I've always been told it was fine except for serotonin releasers.

Yeah it's kind of a real horror story though, plenty of people have had great times on acid while on Prozac including that guy.

So I probably just shouldn’t worry about it, at least not take DPT but I should be okay tripping on cid and DMT

Yeah I've never heard of any dangers with the combo.