• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Prozac and the ability to do recreational drugs?

SweetB3rryWIne

Greenlighter
Hi all I am on prozac and abilify for depression related to a recent life changing injury. I have been on it for 6 months and I know I cant use MDMA etc while i'm on it but I was wondering if this is going to permanently alter my ability to use the substance/ how long I need to be off it to return to MDMA safely and enjoyably.

Prozac and abilify have unusually long half-lives (the time needed for your body to eliminate or break down half of the amount in your system), so I would expect it to take at least several weeks (perhaps 3-4) to get most of it out of your system. If you were hoping to be able to take a quick break from your meds to use MDMA, I'm afraid it won't work out. :)

Prozac's half life is two weeks, so 3 to 4 weeks is not enough time to clear your system of it. I took Prozac for depression, then stopped,and a year and a half later, in 1996, started rolling like a champ.

Hi all I am on prozac and abilify for depression related to a recent life changing injury. I have been on it for 6 months and I know I cant use MDMA etc while i'm on it but I was wondering if this is going to permanently alter my ability to use the substance/ how long I need to be off it to return to MDMA safely and enjoyably.

There are many reports (even here on bluelight) of people that are on a daily dose of Prozac (20mg) and roll just fine, others the roll is slightly diminished, others almost completely abolished.

The washout time varies from 1 week -- to a few months, although some person report persistent inability to roll years after stopping fluoxetine.

As far as safety, co-administration of fluoxetine with MDMA is associated with neuro-protective effects in rodents given large doses of MDMA

I'm not on prozac, but I am on zoloft, another ssri, and I find myself able to roll. It does take me a lot more to get high though, and I end up taking dangerous amounts and it ends up very expensive :( plus I don't know what effect the amounts ive been having are doing to my body, its not something id logically recommend to someone - but im saying rolling is possible, just not necesarily a good idea.