View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Prozac and psychedelics

Karamazov

Bluelighter
I’ve heard mixed reports. Do anti depressants like Prozac interfere with or blunt a trip? I did like 5 grams of dried mushrooms and got a medium okay trip. So I took 5 more and that certainly got the job done. But I don’t know if the shrooms were week or my prescription got in the way.

This was my first trip in decades and I’m eager to return.

I don’t think there are any drug interactions but I’m not 100 percent sure

SSRI's do somewhat weaken trips, but they do not prevent you from tripping like antipsychotics or high doses of benzos do.

I would advise against discontinuing the SSRI though, and suggest just taking a slightly higher dose to compensate for it (some people decide to stop taking their SSRI a few days before they trip which I would advise against, since the crankiness that people often experience during SSRI discontinuation can increase your chances of having a bad trip).

SSRI's do somewhat weaken trips, but they do not prevent you from tripping like antipsychotics or high doses of benzos do.

I would advise against discontinuing the SSRI though, and suggest just taking a slightly higher dose to compensate for it (some people decide to stop taking their SSRI a few days before they trip which I would advise against, since the crankiness that people often experience during SSRI discontinuation can increase your chances of having a bad trip).
But what if you were wrongly diagnosed and forced to take SSRI by the court?.
I was wrongly diagnosed and now I can't get high off weed anymore :(
I'm thinking about getting a lawyer.

But what if you were wrongly diagnosed and forced to take SSRI by the court?.
I was wrongly diagnosed and now I can't get high off weed anymore :(
I'm thinking about getting a lawyer.

Have you been assessed by a Dr for the SSRI?

I (thankfully) don't live in America so don't know, but can a judge mandate drug use if a person hasn't been assessed by a medic?

I think a few days is too little anyway - that is only about length of the half life of prozac and the half life extends when you take it regularly (up to 6days and the action shouldn't be fully gone till 5 x the half life)

I (thankfully) don't live in America so don't know, but can a judge mandate drug use if a person hasn't been assessed by a medic?
IKaiser.
It seems the Doctors in America make more money if they give you the injection.
I say this because I was at the mental health department and a RN nurse told me the Doctors sometimes are in a room where they watch a informational video about a new drug that hits the market. I'm guessing the video they are watching also tells them if they prescribe this they will get a higher pay something of that matter. The judge has all the power.

IKaiser.
I say this because I was at the mental health department and a RN nurse told me the Doctors sometimes are in a room where they watch a informational video about a new drug that hits the market. I'm guessing the video they are watching also tells them if they prescribe this they will get a higher pay something of that matter. The judge has all the power.

Wait, "injection"?
Weren't you talking about SSRI's? While there are plenty of depot shots with antipsychotics, as well as the controversial "vivitrol" naltrexone shot (that opioid-addicted felons are sometimes court-ordered to get as part of their probation agreement), I am unaware of any such formulation of an SSRI.

Maybe you're mixing up fluoxetine and flupentixol?

Not sure why the thankfully lol but yes they have seen a doctor. You can’t get an SSRI without seeing a doctor

IKaiser.

As stated there is no SSRI injection but no, doctors don’t get paid more based on the drugs the prescribe. That would be fairly absurd. Obviously it’s happened under the table everywhere but it’s very illegal

As stated there is no SSRI injection but no, doctors don’t get paid more based on the drugs the prescribe. That would be fairly absurd. Obviously it’s happened under the table everywhere but it’s very illegal
Risperdal injection is a SSRI injection that's what they first gave me and it made me have violent anger outburst verbally.

Risperidone is an antipsychotic and is in no way an SSRI or even close
Then why did it feel exactly like an SSRI when I took it?. It made me feel dizzy and when I walk down the hallway I felt like I was losing control of my legs as if I came home drunk. I've taken SSRI before that made me feel exactly the same when it came to walking.

Then why did it feel exactly like an SSRI when I took it?. It made me feel dizzy and when I walk down the hallway I felt like I was losing control of my legs as if I came home drunk. I've taken SSRI before that made me feel exactly the same when it came to walking.

There’s probably a hundred drugs that could have that side effect. Either way you should probably research your drugs before you go telling people the wrong info

There’s probably a hundred drugs that could have that side effect. Either way you should probably research your drugs before you go telling people the wrong info
Is zyprexa a SSRI? Because I have taken that as well.

Well I guess I got confused with SSRI and psychotic I may have read a pill box and swore I seen the letters "SSRI" on the container. Maybe just bad memory. So is there any anti psychotic that won't effect my high from meth or weed?.