Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Prozac and ecstacy

FIRE_WIRE

Greenlighter
Hi,

So swim would like to know if it is ok to take ecstasy after taking prozac for mild depression after a breakup. He started taking 20mg of prozac daily 2 weeks ago and lasted a week. it is swims intention to keep taking them but his birthday is this weekend and he wants to go out and have a good time. swim will most likely take ecstasy ket and coke.

i understand that taking prozac and ecstasy can be dangerous but swim only took it for a week and stopped a week ago.

Thanks

Fire wire, from what I've read the elimination half-life of prozac is 1 to 3 days after acute administration and 4 to 6 days after chronic administration. With that, you must be very careful when mixing such a large amount of psychoactive drugs. From experience, after a night of heavy rolling, GHB and cocaine use; I will take a short acting SSRI for 1-5 days after, just to get those 5-HT receptors out of their inevitable refractory period and get that serotonin back to baseline. Although ketamine is primarily an NMDA receptor antagonist, studies have shown that is has affinity to serotonin receptors and when mixed with a heavily serotonergic drug such as mdma (my favorite drug by the way) you could put yourself at risk for serotonin syndrome; and believe me that's the last thing you want.. especially on your birthday. I'm not telling you to do, or not do anything; because at the end of the day the choice is yours; but i feel as it may be in your best interest to start SLOW. Take half doses or 1/4 doses at the beginning of the night and see how you react. If you're feeling good then redose a few hours later, if not, take a little bit more. When it comes to drugs, it's ALOT better to take less off the bat than more. Now, just because I can go to rave on 250mg M, 1/2 a 26er of good ol johnny walker and a pack of belmonts,
doesn't mean you can too; safely that is. Mixing Alcohol with Ketamine (whilst i'm yet to try) isn't a good idea to begin with, because you could put yourself at risk for respiratory depression; but if you're experienced than do what you feel is best. Through this rant, what I want to take home is that LESS IS MORE, start slow and go from there. If you have any other questions feel free to inbox me

Hi,

So swim would like to know if it is ok to take ecstasy after taking prozac for mild depression after a breakup. He started taking 20mg of prozac daily 2 weeks ago and lasted a week. it is swims intention to keep taking them but his birthday is this weekend and he wants to go out and have a good time. swim will most likely take ecstasy ket and coke.

i understand that taking prozac and ecstasy can be dangerous but swim only took it for a week and stopped a week ago.

Thanks

If anything, you'll have a weaker MDMA experience than you would normally. Prozac inhibits MDMA's serotonin releasing function which pretty much kills the roll dead in its tracks. Its hard to tell if it will be completely gone by your roll because of Prozac's long half life and individual chemistry.

As for the cocaine and ketamine, be aware that while they are not inherently dangerous, the combination of all of these drugs is going to add significantly to the stress of each individual drug and you should make sure to stay properly hydrated in a well-ventilated area and abstain from alcohol or any other drugs during the night.