• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Provigil vs Adderall

I personally don't think they really compare at all. The afinils are just wakefulness promoting agents. I guess if you're goal is to combat tiredness, then it could work as well, but if you're looking for improvements in focus and motivation, those effects probably won't be as pronounced.

That said, I've read some reports where people on long term amphetamine treatments received a nice benefit from switching to modafinil. You'll just have to try it yourself and see how it works :)

I'm not on Provigil now, but long ago I was and made the switch. It took a while and I didn't really feel like it was a good switch at the time, until I became stable on it for a while. I didn't feel as edgy on Modafinil as various amphetamines, and in some ways, felt as if I was a little healthier, less drugged. Of course everyone is different, and the mgs don't always match perfectly, but at the time is was a good move for me in the long run.

Glad I made the switch overall.

:)

I take both Adderall and provigil and I'd say you can't compare because Adderall has obvious effects and provigil is undetectable

Pointless to compare the two....Adderall = effective Modafinil = trash with no recreational value

Pointless to compare the two....Adderall = effective Modafinil = trash with no recreational value
Provigil is meant to enhance wakefulness while Adderall is prescribed for ADD/ADHD so yes, they are two completely different drugs. It has helped many people and calling it trash because you don't get high from it is counterproductive to harm reduction.

A lot of good information. If it doesn't work I'll switch back to Adderall. I have a really good shrink that is willing to try new things and see how they work. I just don't like the idea of being on a long term amphetamine due to high blood pressure. Any other suggestions?

In terms of effectiveness as in what you'll feel, Adderall, hands down. It's why it's prescribed for people with ADD/ADHD. Provigil/Modafinil is for people with narcolepsy who get tired way to much and need something to keep them alert and awake. So really, it depends on what you're after.

That being said, Adderall does have worse long term side effects than Provigil so that's something to consider.

Also, if you're getting it prescribed, no problem there but if you're buying the generic version online, just make sure you do your research. Some sites will give you sugar pills or dud batches.

Here's a page that reviews some of the best vendors and also compares their prices. You still want to do your own research though.

http://www.bestsmartdrugs.com/nootropics/buy-modafinil

Last edited:
Provigil doesn't get you high. It has most of the same effects as adderall though (other than the high), so it's got uses. Its a ton weaker though. Id recommend using Provigil and a study aid, wake enhancer, stuff like that and saving your adderall to get high

My experience

Provigil is not near as effective, BUT it has far fewer side effects and is overall much healthier IMO.

They don't really compare to me, especially since I was on adderall for years before ever trying provigil. Just don't expect them to be very similar and I'm sure you will like it fine. Stay away from addy if you can.

Eugeroic's like Moda, Adrafanil, Armodafanil etc.. are more useful for movement activation and sustaining this along with an anti-fatigue type of action. It's a weak DRI and works great in parkinson's, chronic fatigue, Fibro, and Opiod induced slugishness. Where Addy's and other Amp's are good for mental exercise and acceleration of Mental faculties. digestion of reading material, assignment completion and cognitive flexibility and improvement.

I wouldn't suggest sprinting or a personal best on the squat, Deadlift or Bench while on Amp's. You'd be begging for a heart attack or a stroke! The cardiac side's are crazy;where you could get away with it with Modafanil etc...

so just to confirm no point trying to get a buzz from Modafanil?

Not that I would obviously

Modafinil has no buzz but if you wait sixteen hours after waking to take it you might get a inability to sleep/not feel as impaired

It is an odd drug, modafanil. One thing I do find quite useful, much more so than any amphetamine, is its ability to make the words coming out of my mouth be much more in line with the thoughts in my brain. Can see how its useful in ADHD for this reason.