• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Provigil/Modafinil overuse - when does it hurt your body?

Ibbaxnim

Greenlighter
Hi! I really apologize if this question is in the wrong space - I haven?t slept in a bit and my reading comprehension is shitty (but I did try to read the rules!). I just joined today.

Does anyone know the dosage at which provigil can be harmful to your liver/whatever else? My blood pressure is naturally low.

I made a mistake and went on a bender. I?m not bragging about this, but I ingested about 3,600mg provigil in the last 24 hours. I don?t feel sick (well, I feel run down now) and I don?t think it?s an emergency. But should I maybe bring it up with my doc next time in terms of liver function? I?ve tried searching info for higher doses of provigil and everything caps out at 400 or 600mg.

Dude or Girl wtf 3600 mg?

The theraputic dose is believe recommended to be approximately 200 mg.

Are you sure it wasnt adrafinil whichive had as powder where i could of took a spoon and just scooped out 3.6 grams

So like did you have 18 200 mg and take them all?

No judgement ive done way way way worse im just in awe.

You probably know this by now modafinil isnt very recreational. I do take 200 mg daily.

Can you check your pulse maybe blood pressure?

If it was adrafinil id get liver checked maybe because i think it can alter enzymes

I am not aware of modafinil at my theraputic dose of 200 mg needing liver and blood work. Like i need for depakote and lithium. But i have no idea at that dose.

Have you tried erowid experience vault they might have reports in the gram range.

Sorry i couldnt of been more help.

Yeah this wasn?t my smartest idea. I have a sleep disorder like narcolepsy but more rare (idiopathic Hypersomnia) and I?ve been taking 400mg provigil in the morning for years. Never abused it. Then yesterday I was so wiped out I thought it was a good idea to take a ?booster? dose in anticipation of seeing my sleep doc.

In essence, I?m not taking the obscene amounts to get high but to feel energetic for the first time since I was dx?ed 8 years ago. Plus I am kind of an addict.

You?re correct, I have the 200mg pills and I?ve been taking them every time I get tired (every 2-4 hours?) and according to what?s left in my bottle I?m nearing 4000mg. I know it?s bad, I also know at this point I?m just chasing being awake and need to call it a night. It?s just so hard when I?ve been unbelievably sleepy for years and now I get a taste of focus, awareness, attention and, well, consciousness. I don?t want it to go away but it?s gotta end tonight if I wanna keep my (really good) relationship with my sleep doc.

Thanks for your reply :)

Oh! And I can go to Walgreens for blood pressure and pulse I think, thanks for suggesting I check that!

Have you tried adderall? I take both adderall and modafinil for narcolepsy. But ive found adderall to be much much stronger.

Let us know how your vitals go.

I actually have; back in my younger, pre-full blown addiction days I was prescribed adderall till I made the decision to just take how much I felt I needed to work. That ended that. Then meth (which honestly didn?t do that great of a job keeping me awake) but quit that 4 years ago. In sobriety, my doc tried everything with me with the motivation to help. At one point I was on 10mg Dexedrine 6xday with vivance as a booster and provigil to keep me functional on the drug holidays (which I never took bc the withdrawal was bad).

Provigil is really all I have left that I hadn?t abused, until yesterday/today. Just gotta pull myself out of this. I see my sleep doc Friday and I?ll ask if we can do a booster provigil or Nuvigil dose in the afternoon and then fucking stick to it. It sucks being addicted to the things you need to function (w/o meds, and w/o any withdrawal whatsoever, I?d sleep 15-20hrs a day. I can?t even describe the depression that accompanies immobility).

Got a work appt (I?m a hooker - only job that pays well and let?s me work 5-10hrs a week (cant work more)) but am going to Walgreens right after. Will update.

So my bp was 150/90 and heart rate was like 97, the pharmacist was concerned but said the best thing I can do is eat something and really try to sleep. I hope I can keep my impulses to take more under control and actually pull out of this. Thanks for all the support.

Good to hear. My bp is alot lower like 118 / 74 but ive had much higher heart rate from stims. Hopefully it should be easier to not abuse because it doesnt seem like anything really happened.

Up again tonight. Nearing 5000mg. Maybe rehab (given my past) is in my future.

Now at 6,000mg in 48 hours. I?m def gonna get some help I feel like I?m dying

Modafinil/Armodafinil is the most overrated substance I've heard of talked about on these boards. Feels like a dirty caffeine buzz.

Do you have depression maybe? It almost seems like your not say taking a few to feel buzzed or alert you seem to be consuming enormous doses impulsively like i used to do when i was severely depressed.