• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Provigil (modafinil), i'm suprised..

As everyone said, it doesnt have recreational uses, but its awesome for working/studying. The only problem with this drug I have, its that I get very irritated/agressive if someone or something bothers me on Modafinil.

And I have did Modafinil+DXM combo. It just doesnt work, Modafinil crushes the DXM trip for some reason, it doesnt improve your "senses" or "way of thinking" on DXM.

Elbarto150 said:
If provigil was an NARI would'nt that mean it would take a few weeks for the stimulant effects to kick in just like all of the other reuptake inhibitors out there? Just curious if the dopaminergic system worked differently in that something blocking dopamine reuptake would produce therapeutic effect immediately.

No, you're confused about how SSRIs, NARIs and DARIs work, and you should do some research about this, but I'll give you a quick explanation, and skip the usual newb bashing I'd usually dish when someone says something like this.

Anyway, SSRIs don't actually take a long time to work- they will raise serotonin levels fairly rapidly, with some variations between drugs, their pharmacokinetics and binding properties. It takes a few weeks of elevated serotonin levels to ease depression.

NARIs aren't typically enjoyable drugs, but they do cause some stimulation that's noticeable as levels increase.

DARIs, however, will produce effects very quickly.

I don't think you really know what reuptake inhibitors do, or you wouldn't be asking this question. Do some research.

Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Amphetamine, MDPV, Desoxypipradol, etc are all DARIs- reuptake inhibitors of dopamine.

You can't make blanket statements like "reuptake inhibitors take a long time to take effect"- that's simply not true.

God, I could go on and on about this, but I don't feel like calling anyone an idiotic in 800 ways, so I'll just end it here.

just do some reading first.

Oh, and btw- who said that Modafinil is a NARI? Is that true? I thought it just had effects on adenosine with some minor effects on dopamine reuptake as a byproduct of the effects on adenosine.