• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Protesters plan to hand out thousands of joints during Trump's inauguration

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
http%3a%2f%2fprod.static9.net.au%2f_%2fmedia%2f2017%2f01%2f05%2f09%2f54%2fpjimage-(4).ashx

A group of marijuana legalisation advocates plan to hand out thousands of joints during President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration.

Pro-marijuana organisation DCMJ will begin distributing the 4,200 joints at 8 am on January 20 on the west side of Dupont Circle. The participants will then walk to the National Mall.

At four minutes and 20 seconds into Trump's speech, DCMJ founder Adam Eidinger says protesters will light up.

He says the giveaway is legal as long as it's done on District of Columbia land. Those smoking on federal land risk arrest.

Mr Eidinger says the group wants to send a message that the federal government should legalise cannabis.

Marijuana advocates are concerned about what actions attorney general nominee Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama would take on the issue.

Sessions has previously spoken out against marijuana legalisation.

Source: http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...smoke-trumps-inauguration#GFjWzoWxHctUjVHf.99

Haha, love it.
This is definitely a peaceful protest technique - non violent direct action...or something.
I just hope they have some people on hand to talk people through any freakouts they may encounter. I imagine the atmosphere at the inauguration will be pretty tense.
Something about blazing one under the close scrutiny of unknown numbers of undercover agents, secret service, FBI etc makes me think it would be a pretty good way to get The Fear.

I don't think Trump is particularly anti-pot. Sessions may be, but Trump is relatively pro-legalization if anything. He's made some comments about making all drugs legal even. However, I think Trump is an unstable, scary character..... although I think he isn't against legalization at all and may even still be somewhat supportive of the cause. Overall, I think he's a relatively neutral figure legalization wise. I never heard any anti-legalization statements from him per say. I agree though about the fear, definitely not the best environment for smoking with all the secret service agents, FBI, and all around.

"Pot grown in the USA is great, only Mexican pot gave me the fear, one toke and I became a rapist, two, a murderer. After a full joint, it got me so bad I almost joined OCCUPY. We need a pot wall'' said D J Trump to my imagination.

"He says the giveaway is legal as long as it's done on District of Columbia land."
Umm.... and absolutely everyone who touches said MJ is over 21.
Hope they're planning on carding 4200 people, because there WILL be <21 Y.O folk looking for free joints, and if even ONE gets one,
organizers WILL be going to jail.

I think it'll be fine. As long as it's reasonably well organized, nobody's going to get arrested for giving to underage people. They could just do like they do when alcohol is served, card anybody that looks like they could potentially be underage. Alcohol gets served at events all the time, and they make sure nobody underage gets it. This isn't really a lot different, since it's been cleared by the city.