View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Proscaline-->2C-P-->3C-P?

Wutang_Forever

Bluelighter
According to tripsit, 3C-P is the 3 carbon analogue of proscaline. Does this mean that 2C-P is also structurally similar to proscaline? Also curious if anyone can shed light on the subjective differences of these compounds, hopefully snagging some proscaline soon.

with 2C-P you have 4-propyl and a 2,4,5 substitution pattern, with 3C-P and proscaline you have 4-propoxy and a 3,4,5 pattern. these are the structural differences, I haven't taken any of those chemicals myself.

I took 2CP and truly hated it. But it does have a totally different substitution pattern than proscaline and 3CP. PiHKAL has the explanation for naming as 3C or 2C or whatever but I can't remember much about it. I do remember that it was confusing and had something to do with which drug was discovered first.

I think the reason for naming it 3-C was that it is basically Proscaline, which Shulgin named P, with a "3 carbon chain" attached in the first position. So 3C = 3 Carbons, the alpha methyl (1 Carbon) that makes this and amphetamine plus the ethyl group that connects the amine to the benzene ring (The two remaining carbon atoms!).

2C-P is not very similar to either, really. It has a propyl group in the 4h position on the benzene ring, whereas Proscaline and it's amphetamine version 3C-P have a Propoxy on said position. Well, what Bagseed already said.

How is 3cp anyways. Some say it's great but I don't see much on this forum about it.

Or is it 3c e that was good? I can't recall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Structurally: 3C-P is to Proscaline as DOP is to 2C-P. In other words, 3C-P is the amphetamine counterpart to Proscaline.