• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Pros and cons of taking kratom while withdrawing from bupe

Crystal Zelda

Bluelighter
I’ve been withdrawing now for 8 days. Kratom was recommend for me but at the time I didn’t know there were opiates or opiate like things in it. I’m on day 8 and I’m scared if I take it yeah I’ll feel better for a second but then I’ll have to start the process of withdrawing all over again. Is this not true? I don’t want to replace my sub addiction with a kratom addiction. Unless the withdrawals are short and easy to go through unlike sub.What should I do?

Last edited:
No that is true, you might feel better for a moment, but you'll go backwards in the withdrawal process. The receptors need time to heal and resensitize to the naturally occuring opioids that your body produces. If you've gone 8 days I'd avoid kratom (particularly given the low grade high it produces).

The bigger question is what is your objective for future? Meaning, do you want to quit, use occasionally etc etc?

I can't really think of any pros - yeah it might make you feel slightly better in the moment but its only going to make the process longer and harder

I say time and time again kratom is NOT a good drug to replace opioids with. Kratom is great for PAWS once your tolerance is gone. It's not going to touch acute opiate withdrawal.

No that is true, you might feel better for a moment, but you'll go backwards in the withdrawal process. The receptors need time to heal and resensitize to the naturally occuring opioids that your body produces. If you've gone 8 days I'd avoid kratom (particularly given the low grade high it produces).

The bigger question is what is your objective for future? Meaning, do you want to quit, use occasionally etc etc?
Yeah I want to quit and just do it like once a week on the weekends or something

I can't really think of any pros - yeah it might make you feel slightly better in the moment but its only going to make the process longer and harder

I say time and time again kratom is NOT a good drug to replace opioids with. Kratom is great for PAWS once your tolerance is gone. It's not going to touch acute opiate withdrawal.
So you think I should take it when I’m in paws? I don’t exactly know the time frame of when you get that

So you think I should take it when I’m in paws? I don’t exactly know the time frame of when you get that
I never really found much use for it until I was out of withdrawal - 7+ days without opioids. That's just my experience and my opinion, though.

To me, kratom helps me stay away from opioids once I'm off them physically.

It's the main reason I've been off heroin for 9 years now.

I never really found much use for it until I was out of withdrawal - 7+ days without opioids. That's just my experience and my opinion, though.
I’m on my 8th day but getting better I’ll try it after I stop withdrawing. I’m just not sure when that’ll be

I’m on my 8th day but getting better I’ll try it after I stop withdrawing. I’m just not sure when that’ll be
my last withdrawal from fentanyl analogues unforunately lasted about 15 days, longest withdrawal ever. I think these things get worse over time, the more you experience them.

Usually what I would do is when I feel strong enough that I could power through a work day and get out of bed, that's when kratom truly helps.

A kratom high can be so great at that point you need to be careful it doesn't trigger you into a relapse.

You'll feel stimulated and a very mild opioid buzz.

Kratom is a godsend at that point.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DO NOT TAKE KRATOM TO "EASE" Withdrawal! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

It will make it worse in so many ways.

If you want recovery advice post in H&R. That's what we do. Talk about how to stay sober. Girl, your posts read like you're thirsty for relapse.

For me Kratom didn’t each touch the sides when I was in WD from bupe. Only a high potency extract I had that was active enough to snort, 50-100mg of that up my nose gave me like 2-3hrs of relief.

Loperamide and Tramadol worked a lot better but obviously just substituting. If you can make Kratom work for you I suggest that over those two.

-GC

But I don’t know when it’ll be ok to do that. I’ve gotten timescales of a month to 6 months
I have tried chipping with kratom after being a year off poppy seed tea. I have never been able to keep it to non-daily use (sometimes it would take many months to get to that point). For me, I feel like there is not really any middle ground, it is an adjustment period to full use.

The other thing is that I feel cravings are at their worst about a month after physical symptoms end. You gotta be careful around then. The times I've been successful, I've really increased my exercise amounts to push through the cravings (I also tend to increase other drug use, but that can be pretty fraught and has led me to fuck up due to being in a druggier attitude).

Anyway, good luck. It's hard, but the freedom is worth it.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DO NOT TAKE KRATOM TO "EASE" Withdrawal! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

It will make it worse in so many ways.

If you want recovery advice post in H&R. That's what we do. Talk about how to stay sober. Girl, your posts read like you're thirsty for relapse.
Cause I am. Just relapse in a good way lol