Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Propylhexedrine Lovers?

The_Great_Refusal

Bluelighter
anyone in oz love this shit?

legal as fuck, high as fuck.

similar affects to mephedrone....

It has a euphoria and speed rush that only a 'bennies' can give.

anyone?

or am i alone...?

(only legal when bought for cold and flu reasons, from a US online pharmacy/ebay)

I guess you are the only one here who is importing it. Do you extract from the cottons?

probabally because it looks like a vics inhaler they just ignore it. as long as you dont import enough to be looking like you are manufacturing it in a large quanity and just for personal, they probs wont have the time/resources to investigate u.

squiggle wiki Propylhexedrine and there are brand names and other information about it, i assume u know where to look after that with this information? if not google might help

Wouldn't mind giving this a try but -

From wikipedia -

Oral ingestion being the most practical method of consumption, the inactive ingredients in a Benzedrex inhaler (menthol and lavender oil) are also ingested - most users report the taste and smell to be very unpleasant, resulting in "menthol burps" (frequent belching releasing the smell of the two) that often cause the user discomfort and sometimes nausea. Many drug users find that propylhexedrine has a very heavy "comedown" compared to the "high" it causes. The abuse potential is considered to be low enough that neither the DEA nor the WHO consider it a drug of concern at the present

Those lavender and methanol burps sound pretty bad :p Would guess I'd find that very unpleasant on a stimulant.

Tell us more OP :) I'm intrigued.

sounds like the downsides outweigh the positives from that wiki excerpt..

actually after reading this cool post in another thread my mind is changing

Propylhexedrine absolutely all the way!! The L-methamphetamine in Vicks is basically a bunch of stimulant side-affects and other nasties like camphor and lavender w/ no (comparable) recreational value. Propylhexedrine is, quite possibly, the best cheap, legal euphoric stimulant available to basically anyone.

In my home state (CA) they do not card you for purchase, not do they look at you strangely if you were to buy three boxes at once (not that I have ever done this myself ;)) because some people become mildly addicted to them even through their proscribed methods of usage (sinus congestion) and experience such bad rebound congestion that they don't feel comfortable w/out them.

Also, IMO, many of the bad effects people get (vomiting, nausea, 24 hour stimulation, headaches, etc.) is almost certainly caused by people either eating the cotton, which is a terrible idea or taking too much. I believe that the cotton not only contributes to the nausea/vomiting, but also buffers the propylhexedrine, making it, in effect, "controlled release", as the stomach has to take time to absorb it from the cotton. This could contribute to the 12-24 hours "strung out" stimulation that people write about.

>>>>>Propylhexedrine Usage advice (purely in the interest of harm reduction:) ):

1) NEVER EAT COTTON. I tell this to everyone, for the reasons given above, plus it can cause other fun problems like dangerous intestinal blockages, and IS NOT dissolved in the stomach. And don't try chewing the cotton either; some combination of the vasoconstriction of the propylhexedrine and the essential oils burns the almighty hell out of your tongue. This is from personal experience: after I tried that, it took me at least a week to taste things with the side of my tongue that had come into contact w/ the cotton. No joke!

2)Extraction is super-simple: First make an acidic solution with water and either lemon juice, vinegar, or ascorbic acid (vitamin C crystals). I find that ascorbic acid powder tends to work best, and can easily be bought at health food stores. Make a acidic solution (err on the side of safety and make it as sour as you can drink), cut up the cotton into 5-7 pieces, put the cotton/acid solution in a jar, shake, seal, and leave to soak for 12-24 hours (I find this works best, but hot water can cut down the soaking time if you're in a hurry.) Prior to consumption, squeeze all the water out of the cottons, and discard them. Hold nose and drink :) .

3) The effects are, in my experience, extremely pleasant, and surprisingly un-jittery: There is an early onset of energy similar to a high dose of a caffeine, but this fades in the first hour into a clear, powerful euphoria w/ very stimulating mental qualities (the urge to talk philosophy/politics, do math problems, etc.), while at the same time being physically inactive. In its action, it seems to be much more dopaminergic than adrenergic, although this is just my guess. Also, empathy, openness, mild inhibition, increased libido, pleasant full-body tingles, increased ease breathing, and numbness in the upper earlobes can occur. The effects (from an extraction) start at about 20-30 min. after consumption, and largely end 4 hours after consumption.

4) Fun things to do: Bike, take shower, talk like crazy, write, sing, listen to music, draw/paint, etc, etc

>>>>>>Downsides:

1)The taste can be quite unpleasant (sour and reeking of menthol and lavender) but any brave soul with a beverage-of-choice chaser can swallow it down. For this reason, use only enough water to fully submerge the cottons, so you have to drink less product. Yum!

2) I have never felt over-stimulated from my standard dose of propylhexedrine (250 mg), but I'm sure that this could happen for many, so start with a maximum of 125 mg, and possibly less, for safety. Also, you are quite likely to get cotton mouth, so hydration is essential. And, as with many stimulants, this one has very definite anorexic properties for up to 5 hours after consumption.

2) The "crash" is characterized by substantial lethargy, sleepiness, and (potentially) mild dysphoria/depression, but nothing too terrible to handle. I find that this can be largely mitigated by any of the following: Eating carbs or sweets during and after experience, sleeping, and taking tyrosine (anything from 1000-3000 mg depending on personal metabolism) anywhere from 3-4 hours after consumption. Caffeine also helps to get rid of any residual blues or low energy the next day.

Last edited:
yes, you feel like death the next day...sure! BUT... in my opinion.... the pro's outway the cons.

only reccomended for experienced drug users whom are good with 'the next day' dont get all yer mates onto it cos they will call in sick for 2 days.

I have 1.5 cotton rods. ...intesne hit....

first time try one.

either boil it in water (x2) ...cool and drink (also had citris or a drop of hydrochloric acid)

SWIM actualy crystalised it in the oven and capped it up!..... but lost its intensity. Smoking it is disgusting.

just dont eat the cotton. ... stove/microwave whatever. not hard to get out with hot water and citris.

just a heads up.... dont actualy get 'vicks' .... but the 'other' US brand with the active ingredient.... [circumcision]

Last edited by a moderator:
Propylhexedrine is a stimulant drug related to methamphetamine.

Propylhexedrine has a lower potential for abuse than other stimulants. This is partially due to the fact that methods of its use are limited, unlike more commonly abused amphetamine, methamphetamine and methylphenidate. Oral ingestion being the most practical method of consumption, the inactive ingredients in a Benzedrex inhaler menthol and lavender oil are also ingested - most users report the taste and smell to be very unpleasant, resulting in "menthol burps" frequent belching releasing the smell of the two that often cause the user discomfort and sometimes nausea. Many drug users find that propylhexedrine has a very heavy "comedown" compared to the "high" it causes. The abuse potential is considered to be low enough that neither the DEA nor the WHO consider it a drug of concern at the present, unlike ephedrine and its salts which are known to be used as precursor chemicals in illicit manufacture of methamphetamine and occasionally amphetamine. That said, propylhexedrine is controlled in some jurisdictions.

Ahh Derp de Derp Tatumtiddly tum da tu - Rated PG 1111111111111111133333333333

bringing up the dead but this shit was ok the first few times. last time the pns effects were just way too much. twitching and the worst vasoconstriction i've ever had

I dont understand why people dont just get some cayenne, which is anti vaso

what worries me is reports of people going to the ER for burning a hole in their stomach from the menthol

Can anybody tell me...just how toxic is the menthol in this stuff? And how likely is it to actually a burn a hole in your stomach?

Well I finally tried the stuff. So far so good, but the stimulation is a bit strong on the heart and uncomfortable. I'd prefer MDMA obviously anyday of the week over this stuff. But it's also very subtle, not as strong as adderall yet but it's only been 1 hour 15 mins since I took it. I put it in vinegar and poured boiling water over it, which was said to evaoprate the menthol and lavender. No nasty burps, no nausea what so ever. Slight headache but ate some raw habaneros and they stopped the headache.

I hear it gets better after the first hour so will keep updated. If I can handle this stuff anyone should be able to, as I have a bad heart. But yeah not recommended for bad hearts lol

Also I only drank a third of the glass, so roughly only on a 75 mg dose. Also only let it soak 2 hours so all the drug probably didnt extract anyway.

I remember hearing about this stuff years ago but was turned off by the reports so never wanted to try it...but lately all i saw was mostly good reports on it and most of them said if you dont eat the cotton, and eat sugar on it (which I also did) you wont get those bad effects

I dont think the taste of the drink was bad at all when mixed with vinegar it was actually pleasant!