Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Propylhexedrine (150-200mg) - First time

geoffreychaucer

Bluelighter
I used to get various amphetamines prescribed to me which were somewhat helpful for staying focused and completing assigned tasks. Unfortunately, due to an incident involving alcohol and recklessness on my part my psychiatrist said he could no longer prescribe any amphetamines to me. It wasn't up to him, he could face scrutiny for giving these drugs to someone like me who showed reckless behavior in the past. Fair enough. He did allow me Vyvanse which is unfortunately not a very good drug. I was on the lowest possible dosage of Vyvanse but I still experienced more negatives than positives. This is surprising since you'd expect Vyvanse to be just like extended release dextroamphetmine. So I ditched Vyvanse about 6 months ago and have been living without amphetamines and doing alright. I also quit drinking and have continued to quit drinking up to today.

I became curious about the effects of Benzedrex before but didn't have any urge to go buy some until I was in Walgreens and there it was. I bought it with no clear idea of what I would do with the inhaler. Several days passed and I was in a position of needing some pick-me-up for a project I was working on.

1:30pm - I break open the tube, very easy, and pull out the cotton cartridge. Everyone who's accounts I've read on propylhexedrine use make the taste of the cotton a major issue. So I decided to see how it really tastes and I popped the whole cotton into my mouth and began sucking on it. The taste was unpleasant but not unbearable for me.

1:35pm - I removed the cotton from my mouth and put it in a glass mug. To the mug I have several generous shakes of Angostura bitters, the only alcohol in the house, and the juice of half a lemon. I then muddled the cotton so that the ethanol and acid could free the freebase propylhexedrine into a more water soluble form. The chemistry of this procedure is very loose and possibly incorrect however it seemed to work ultimately. Finally I added water to dilute so that the solution was about half a mug's worth of liquid.

1:50pm - I sip from the mug gradually. The effects have already come on. I feel energized, focused, sexually stimulated, basically all the effects of amphetamines.

2:00pm - 5:00pm - I continue to sip on the drink until it's gone and just the cotton is left at the bottom of the mug. During this time I get some work done, masturbate freely, make a smoothie so I can eat something. My appetite is definitely suppressed but I can't still get sweet things down that require little or no chewing.

10:00pm - I decide to go to bed soon, although I'm still very much affected by the drug, the experiment worked but I don't want to be up all night. I take 1200mg of gabapentin, a normal dose for me, and 5mg of zolpidem, may be increased to 10mg. It remains to be seen whether I can get to sleep so soon after dosing.

Overall the experiment shows that when propylhexedrine is taken in moderate quantities over a period of time it produces positive effects without any overwhelming or unexpected negative effects. I think that many of the unpleasent experiences people have had with this drug concern route of administration and dose. 250mg may be too high a dose for many people so start low and go slow. Also, dose in the morning so you have time to come down before bed. It would be a good idea to have so kind of downer around in case you want to come down earlier.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_propylhexedrine
substancecode_stimulants
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that slowly consuming it over time is the best way to go. Also, for me 250mg is indeed too high a dose. If I take that all at once I get a big load of unpleasant side effects. My friend will do like 50mg max, slowly over the course of hours, and he finds it a very useful stimulant with virtually no side effects. Personally I like to get a little higher on it than that, so I usually end up taking about 125mg, but I take it in 4 installments over the course of maybe 3 hours.

Is the crash/comedown anymore gentle when the dosed like you guys are talking about?

-------

I've been thinking about taking a low dose of this stuff again but I'm reluctant. I had a several year love/hate affair with MDPV (and the likes). I can handle a one off low dose of a stimulant these days but while I feel the effects I become much more likely to impusively order some random research stimulant off the internet... And my sober self really doesn't want that to happen.

Of course I'd be sober when the package arrives so I could just flush it but I don't even want to take the chance of having a large amount of a powerful and compulsive substance anywhere near me again. It's strange, when any stimulant kicks in it feels like the drugs lubricate my mind to think the way I used to when I had a stimulant problem. Suddenly I think it's a good idea to obtain more because I think "I'll be able to handle it". Pfft.

Oh my, that was all OT and personal. Sorry, thanks for the report.

Yeah much moreso. The key is, lower dosing (a whole inhaler is too much unless you have some big stimulant tolerance), and gradual dosing. I find the comedown not bad at all that way.

I find propylhexedrine to be a calmer sort of stimulant than many others. I feel quite serotonergic and I am totally comfortable sitting still or moving around. Doesn't make me nearly as compulsive as something dopamine-based. As far as I know, propylhexedrine is a triple releaser.

But yeah if you know you have a stimulant problem, maybe best not to.

Been reading a lot about Benzedrex so I figured I'd give it a shot. I've read many many conflicting experiences, some amazing, some amazingly awful. Here's my bit.

170lb male, ~30 years old, in decent shape. Have had a lot of stimulant experience in the past but right now I have been clean of stims for almost 2 years. Haven't taken any other substances today. My resting heart rate, per my Fitbit HR Monitor is usually 60-63 bpm.

Got a Benzedrex inhaler at CVS ($7.49). Expiration date was 18 months in the future, from what I've read, this is a good thing. Someone posted somewhere that if the expiration date is within one year of the day you're buying it, don't waste your money.

I eat a small breakfast, on the advice of other people's experiences.

9:30am - I open the inhaler tube, pull out the cotton rod inside. The two ends of the cotton are very white and puffy, they almost seem completely dry. But the center 1/3 or so of the rod appears to be saturated in a dark yellow/brownish liquid (it's the same color as a cigarette filter after 5 or 10 puffs). I cut off the dry white sections, and chop the brown center portion of the cotton into tiny pieces. I've read many reports with people saying the taste is "literally the worst thing you will ever taste in your life and it will probably make you say 'Fuck it' right away". This was not my experience. I placed all the tiny pieces of cotton on my hand, pop them in to my mouth and quickly swallow with a few swigs of coconut flavored Bai-5 drink. The taste is noticable, sure, but if you swallow everything very quickly, its not a problem at all.

I placed the two end pieces of cotton back into the tube and seal it. Now for the waiting.

I pop onto Bluelight and Reddit etc curious for more trip reports on Benzedrex. Of course the first one I read after taking my dose is someone saying he ended up the hospital with an IV drip after taking Benzedrex. This freaked me out, and I briefly considered inducing vomitting, but when I kept reading it turns out this person had ALSO taken "200mg of pure MDMA". My mind somewhat eased, I go to take a shower.

10am (T+30min) - [Heart Rate: 70bpm] I'm starting feel the familiar effects of a CSN Stimulant. Colors outside seem brigher, slight tigles in my scalp. Showering was really nice. Much more than placebo could possibly bring, definitely beginning to feel effects.

10:30am (T+1hr) [Heart Rate: 72bpm] Definitely feeling very stimulated. Very similar to adderall, similar to what I remember meth to have been like (haven't used crystal in probably 10 years). About to go on a drive to drop something off to a friend.

**At this time I chopped up one of the two previously discarded portions of the cotton rod from the inhaler, tiny pieces, pop into my mouth and swallow just as I did before.

11am (T+1.5hrs) [Heart Rate: 86bpm] Driving home and listening to music, getting my nictine fix (note: my menthol vape liquid definitely tastes a little strange at the point). Very stimulated, slight euphoria. Clicking my tongue left and right against my teeth like I used to do nonstop when on cocaine or adderall. Like a good drug addict I stopped by a pharmacy and picked up another Benzedrex.

12pm (T+2.5 hrs) [Heart Rate: 65bpm] Still going strong. No noticable increase in heart rate as some people had said was a problem for them.

**At this time I chopped up and ingested the remaining bits of cotton from the inhaler. Now I am sure that I took the whole 250mg dose, albeit over the course of 2.5 hours.

Debating whether or not to bust into that second Benzedrex that I have. I may try soaking it in soda/lemonaid/lemon juice and drinking the solution instead. Have read several people saying they have had success this way, and I don't really want to ingest any more cotton. For now I'm going to take it easy, do some chores while I have energy, and play some video games.

1pm (T+3.5hrs) [Heart Rate: 71bpm] Feel like I have probably hit the plateau of this ride. Still feeling good, but defintely not going up anymore. I have opened up my second Benzedrex, cut the cotton into about 10 pieces, and they are currently soaking in 60mLs of water (~40mL) and fresh squeezed lemon juice (~10-20mL). I am going to let this soak for an hour or so, mixing and mashing occasionally, and then drink 1/2 of it.

1:30p (T+4hrs) [Heart Rate: 90bpm - been walking up/down stairs] Feeling okay, definitely wanting more. I mix and max the cotton pieces one more time before I pour 30mL of the 60mL solution in to a small cup, I leave the other 30mL with the cotton pieces still in it to keep soaking. Slam it quickly (chase with something flavorful!). Immediately I feel a tingly sensation rush over me, likely placebo. Off to play Destiny!

3pm (T+5.5hrs) [Heart Rate: 78bpm] Drank the remaining 30mL solution, I fished the 10 or so cotton pieces out and pressed them strongly to get every little drop of liquid out of them. Same strange tingling sensation as I swallow the solution.

If anything else noteworthy occurs, I will update.

All in all, pretty positive experience. Definitely feels (to me at least) like an A-Grade CNS Stimulant. Definitely more-ish. Will probably be doing this again after a few weeks have gone by.

It is now 9:37pm (T+12hrs) and I am still feeling the effects of the Benzedrex. Ready for it to be over now.....going to take a little bit of Kratom to take the edge off.

Eating the cotton is highly not recommended. Ingesting cotton can cause serious health complications because it can't be digested and it can get stuck. In a worst case scenario it could cause a gastric blockage which would be painful at best, and can be life-threatening at worst. The first 2 times I did it, I ate the cotton and it felt subjectively much worse. if you ever try it again (or to anyone else reading this), what you should do is get some acidic liquid (I use vitamin water or a Sprite) and cut the cotton up, and put the pieces in there. Shake it up and let them soak for a bit, then drink the liquid and do not consume the cotton.

In my early-twenties, I used benzedrex more times than I care to remember. I considered it somewhat of a "lifestyle drug," in that (for me) it was conducive as a workplace aid to help me get through my boring-as-fuck data entry job. I could've just listened to books on tape, but NOOOOooo; I used this drug for dozens and dozens of shifts, pretty much every day I worked, unless I was using something likely coke or meth-bomb E pills as a functional stimulant to get through work. Every single one of these times, I ingested the cotton -- sometimes even whole (yes, I was young and stupid but I had no excuse; I was on harm reduction websites at that age, but clearly didn't care about the warnings to not ingest the cotton), sometimes even 1 1/2 - 2 cottons a night. In retrospect, it really is amazing how casually self-destructive we can be while convincing ourselves we're doing it to stay functional.

God knows how many cottons I swallowed, and I wish I could offer a true account of gastric distress as a result of this choice -- but, thankfully, I lucked out with no lasting damage. This isn't to say my insides probably weren't screwed up at the time, though the nausea was easy to mask with all the weed I smoked. I've always had a nervous stomach, and swallowing cotton doesn't help matters there. The most significant damage as a result of overusing this substance happened with sapping out my pleasure centers, as stimulant abuse often does; however, as mentioned above, there is a serotonergic bent to propylhexedrine which plays into the aftereffects, the terrible crash that lots of people mention in correlation w/ propyl.

Once I got fired from my data entry job, I rarely ingested benzedrex from then on out. I seemed to associate it with that one job, which I suppose is a good thing. Eventually, I tried doing the extraction just for shits and giggles, doing half-a-rod instead of a full one, and it was a much much smoother experience than swallowing that terrible terrible cotton. There's really no excuse for not doing the extraction, except for general laziness; I wish I had so long ago, and am so glad I came out of it without lasting issues.

Yeah it takes me 5 minutes to extract it out into liquid, if you're gonna do benzedrex, you really need to do that. Health concerns aside, everyone I know finds the experience much more pleasant without ingesting the cotton.

I find that p-hex seems to have a drastic effect on my urination, feels like it really fucks with my prostate. Makes it really hard to pee or get it up, I get that on different serotonergic stimulants but p-hex has it the worst by far. The whole area feels weird and even painful for a day after I do it. Urine flow is slow the next day too. It's started really bothering me so I think I'm going to stop using it. It's just always available which is the problem. Sometimes I get a hankering for a serotonergic stimulant, and I know I can drop by the grocery store.

My quality of highs varies with p-hex, sometimes it feels pretty nasty, usually it's quite pleasant and euphoric, but every so often, seemingly always when I'm about to say, I'm done with this shit, I'll get a random high from the same amount that is fucking awesome, like MDMA coke or something. Talking a mile a minute, feeling amazing, sensitive skin, head tingles, being really good at doing stuff like playing music. And then it makes me think more favorably about it again.

Weird drug. It's a lot better than a lot of stimulants out there these days, better than almost all of the RC stims I've tried. But I'm pretty sure it's really not good for you. Something about it feels quite rough and I fear I have done damage to myself with it over the years. Since 2006 I've had periods where I don't use it at all, periods where I use it once in a while, and periods where I use it 3 times a week. The next day effects from it get worse and worse. I don't actually get a big crash, but it feels like my vision is kinda fucked up, I have a lot of spots in it the next day, my thoughts feel scattered and my body feels weak and clenched.