• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Propranolol |Muscle Spasms?|

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
So this is a weird one...

I have noticed over the last few years I have a weird muscle spasm or tremor that occurs VERY rarely, in only one specific situation. The muscles in the back of my neck jerk my head up and down quickly, just a little bit, for a short while (like 1-2 seconds) when I'm really intensely involved with a game (such as if I lean in because of a close call I'm trying to make a play on in League of Legends.)

Its weird because I never had this before, and now it's got me thinking or wondering if this is some sort of essential tremor or similar... Wondering if other things are maybe also tremors or signs of another underlying condition. Sometimes I shake a bit (through the rest of the body) during confrontations or even during meetings and such. And I'm probably WAY over thinking this but I don't even know if the amount of shaking I do when trying to do a sit-up is normal (since I shake not from muscle fatigue from what I can tell, could be a different thing) because I used to remember sit-ups being more... Normal. Although it could just be that I'm not as strong as I used to be with sit-ups.

But now I'm just getting paranoid and over-researching this tremor stuff and whatnot. It's just a weird little thing that happens every once in a while when playing games. Anyone else had this before and do you think my new med I was prescribed (Propranolol 10mg twice a day) will have any effect in reducing this? I was given the med to see if it may assist with Anxiety (although we don't know if I actually do have anxiety or not, we'll see)

Me and my mother are the only 2 in our local doc's who are prescribed Propanaol. I've been on 10mg x2 twice a day and have myself experiences the weird (out of the blue) tremors , such as the 'sharp snap head' jerk neck one, you elude to. I also thought could be due to this medication.. the side effects listed for it on webmd seems to have to confirmed this in parts, have you had a look? I go docs next week so will ask my gp and update

Me and my mother are the only 2 in our local doc's who are prescribed Propanaol. I've been on 10mg x2 twice a day and have myself experiences the weird (out of the blue) tremors , such as the 'sharp snap head' jerk neck one, you elude to. I also thought could be due to this medication.. the side effects listed for it on webmd seems to have to confirmed this in parts, have you had a look? I go docs next week so will ask my gp and update

Actually, this is an issue that's been there for a few years, I haven't started the Propranolol yet