• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Propranolol for anxiety?

Franklinparton

Greenlighter
Hey guys - I've been prescribed propranolol for headache prevention and after googling i discovered that it's also good for anxiety. But it seems that it helps mostly with the psychical elements (shaking, pounding heart etc) .... I have more generalised anxiety than anxiety attacks (avoid situations, blank mind when talking to new people, over stressing over planes crashing in to my house etc)

Anyone have any idea if it will help with that side of things or just the psysical? I'm prescribed mirtazapine for depression and is also supposed to help with anxiety, it's been helpful but still no where near getting me back to being a normal human being.

Anyway yeah, should I be hopeful that it will help with the mental aspect of anxiety or is it more for just the physiological stuff? Cheers.

It really only helps the physical aspect. For me, after I had dealt with panic attacks and could deal with anxiety through coping mechanisms it was still helpful because I couldn't gain control over autonomic processes.