• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Propranolol anyone?

O
I took some GBL before a presentation I had to give and absolutely nailed it. This was a while ago.

I was offered beta blockers once. I didnt have time to think, I just instinctively picked up the GPs computer screen and hurled it through the window. This may or may not have happened.

For real though: It took me a while to get put on anything good, anxiety wise from my GP. First was 3 different antidepressants, obviously one after the other. They did nothing for my depression or anxiety. Then she suggested gabbapentin for back pain and after a good few months on those I decided to ask about pregabalin (for the nerve pain caused by my back) and I said perhaps it would help my anxiety too, as my mum is prescribed it for that.

She said and I quote 'pregabalin is a good one'. So then it was just a matter of time till I repeatedly pushed to up the dosage to get up to the max dose possible prescribed.

Thankfully unlike betablockers these actually work! Not only do they help my anxiety massively but they give me a nice buzz at the same time. Win win :D

I try not to think about the neurological side effects :/ Swiss cheese for brains by the time I'm old. Hopefully not though!

Omg! Public speaking and GBL, you just made my day 😂😂😂😂

That's quite a lot for a first dose, especially if you're not used to beta-blockers. I'd probably have used 10-20mg max tbh.

Is it? They were 40mg tablets so I just took one - which I thought was showing great restraint!

But anyway, it had fuck all effect on the whizz one way or another.

• Haha
Reactions: CFC
Is it? They were 40mg tablets so I just took one - which I thought was showing great restraint!

But anyway, it had fuck all effect on the whizz one way or another.

One problem folks from Blighty have is that their speed is largely caffeine. That might have an effect. But then you say yours was pretty pure. Though no test = no proof.

One problem folks from Blighty have is that their speed is largely caffeine. That might have an effect. But then you say yours was pretty pure. Though no test = no proof.

I never said it was pure, I just said it was pretty potent considering I was only taking small dabs which provided an instant boost everytime, so I do believe there was actual amphetamine in there.

i've never taken this but used to have to give speeches for work all the time and if i started to sweat or lose my voice just for a second it would be this downward spiral where i couldn't catch my breath or lose the blush. results in that trembling voice which is terrible. couldn't stop the speech to regain composure without it being awkward. sometimes pausing for a drink of water could help, but that wasn't always appropriate and didn't always work. certainly felt more like a physical than mental anxiety. drove me crazy because if it didn't start the speech or presentation would go perfect. but if it started, it was near impossible to stop. it would happen even in situations where i didn't feel mentally anxious. like an internal presentation where no one in the audience was my superior.

always made me think of this stuff, which sounds like the drug that contributed to michael jackson's overdose.

Last edited:
i've never taken this but used to have to give speeches for work all the time and if i started to sweat or lose my voice just for a second it would be this downward spiral where i couldn't catch my breath or lose the blush. results in that trembling voice which is terrible. couldn't stop the speech to regain composure without it being awkward. sometimes pausing for a drink of water could help, but that wasn't always appropriate and didn't always work. certainly felt more like a physical than mental anxiety. drove me crazy because if it didn't start the speech or presentation would go perfect. but if it started, it was near impossible to stop. it would happen even in situations where i didn't feel mentally anxious. like an internal presentation where no one in the audience was my superior.

always made me think of this stuff, which sounds like the drug that contributed to michael jackson's overdose.
Propanolol would have definitely helped I think. Like I said, it's great for the physical symptoms (and that's enough for some) which, like someone mentioned, is why musical performers take it prior to doing a gig / set / evaluation etc.

But no - One of the drugs that killed MJ was Propofol (Stupidly given to him when it should only be given while under CONSTANT monitoring when being "put under" for heavy surgery).

I think this distinction, with regards to anxiety in general, is so ridiculously & severely misunderstood, or even actually known.

It's so vitally important in treating anxiety; way too many people are prescribed propranolol, when the actual problem is that they can't manage the virulence of their very own thoughts or manage their lives effectively.
For sure. 20 odd years ago. 21, when I was a little more than 21 I hated my job. I'd only just started it and I really hated it. I was a so fucking lootly stressed out constantly . I needed time off to reassess was what I needed but didn't know how to express this to family. Or maybe I did and they just told me to get on with it and stop being a baby. I also had a baby at the time, he must have been 2 my boy. So I went to the doc told him how stressed I was and he pxed these. I went home, sat on the toilet and took the lot. My sister calls in have you taken your beta lockers yet I go yeah I've taken the lot. And then I go on a jolly two or 3 day holiday to the place of my birth.... Time passes little bit I give up the job and do the stuff. Then go back to that kind of workhsvibv found a far more fantastic substance tgat alleviates the auld anxiety. Heroin. So there you go. Very right wjst you say tranced. The solution isn't always prescriptionor street. They mask underlying conditions to keep us productive. That's the aim of pharmacy is to ensure that the states work force remains productive. You always here them converting sick days into the cash value.

Ha ha. I didn't even acknowledge I suffered with anxiety till a year ago, the big d, yes, but I didn't click that I have always suffered with anxiety, have wrongly pushed past it and now I am utterly spent plus, chances are that the way I have been presenting myself all these years I public at work has been due to the anxiety.
Basically, I'm spent now. I'm done. I've pushed thru it and beyond it and now I've stopped to take a breath and there's no way I will put myself out there again I my anxious syate. Seriously, you wouldn't believe the time taken by the job and the anxiety this last 20 years. Took a whole to recognise it as thus and then it dawned that after all them years of doing the job comkng home and being unable to switch off for the eveni v, sometimes the weekend, unless I had a bag of brown. Well there we go. And the doctor pxed me beta blockers rather than a fortnight off. Just tracking thru my past as I'm gonna go for my pension from the fuckers. Its gonna be hard but do you think it will look good that one I've been a bag head all these years of teaching. (an ill drop my head teacher of a specific school in it there, say that she knew, which she did in effect) two, that the only way I can liberate myself from heroin addiction is to know that I never will teach again. So give me my pension. I think letters to folks highest up the food chain will work best as they don't then get the opportunity to close ranks on their need to know. If folks at the highest level if irf know of a wrong doing then they become the culpable ones.

And to quote lil jiminy cricket 🦗.... Cm here... And there's more... Much much much more.... Heroin ramblings and ambings down the canals and behind the scrap yards.
Is it the gear or is it the fear? Maybe the devil's talcum powder could be credited with enabling me to express myself better