European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Propranolol anyone?

F.U.B.A.R.

Bluelight Crew
I've just acquired 2 boxes of 40mg tablets of propanolol. I'm not familiar with beta blockers at all and although I've read the leaflet and shit, I'm wondering if they have any uses outside of a medical requirement for them. Any information greatly received. (y)

Absolutely none, I'm afraid. They will block some physical anxiety depending on here severe, and that's it.

I smoke it off of foil before a big speech and then i own the audience

Seriously though they are useless.

I took some GBL before a presentation I had to give and absolutely nailed it. This was a while ago.

I was offered beta blockers once. I didnt have time to think, I just instinctively picked up the GPs computer screen and hurled it through the window. This may or may not have happened.

For real though: It took me a while to get put on anything good, anxiety wise from my GP. First was 3 different antidepressants, obviously one after the other. They did nothing for my depression or anxiety. Then she suggested gabbapentin for back pain and after a good few months on those I decided to ask about pregabalin (for the nerve pain caused by my back) and I said perhaps it would help my anxiety too, as my mum is prescribed it for that.

She said and I quote 'pregabalin is a good one'. So then it was just a matter of time till I repeatedly pushed to up the dosage to get up to the max dose possible prescribed.

Thankfully unlike betablockers these actually work! Not only do they help my anxiety massively but they give me a nice buzz at the same time. Win win :D

I try not to think about the neurological side effects :/ Swiss cheese for brains by the time I'm old. Hopefully not though!

Well, Salbutamol (aka Ventolin) is a β-agonist.

FUBAR probably thinks breathing is for girls anyway, though .....

Propanolol may have certain uses in reducing certain physical symptoms, but in my experience it by no means will reduce your mental anguish and improve your confidence by any means. This may have an effect over a long period of time buts its hard to see why to keep taking it with no positive effects appearing for months.

It might work for those with very mild anxiety but mine is quite severe and I need something more psychological and anxiolytic

I've had this a long time ago and it was kinda nice to use but it must depend on what you are looking for, I guess.

I've had this a long time ago and it was kinda nice to use but it must depend on what you are looking for, I guess.

I'm not looking for anything recreational, just wondered if they had any use as an anxiolytic or mild sedative for occasional use.

I've read that its quite common for performers to take beta blockers to calm their stage fright, this is what piqued my interest. From the responses I've had, it would seem that this is little more than placebo effect.

Beta blockers have no psychoactive effect so yeah any psychological anxiety reduction is just placebo.

If you have physical anxiety they can help it. Otherwise nah. And definitely no recreational potential.

I've read that its quite common for performers to take beta blockers to calm their stage fright, this is what piqued my interest. From the responses I've had, it would seem that this is little more than placebo effect.
Like Wilson Wilson said it's more of a physical anxiety releif than a psychological anxiety releif thing.olympic shooters use it for doping as it turns someone with
shaky hands into someone who can perform brain surgery.its definetely not a placebo.its very calming.it just has no high.

I think it's great stuff if you ever feel like flight or fight style anxiety hinders you, otherwise you'd be better off eating an apple.

Physical anxiety can be directly linked to psychological anxiety for me, eg a job interview where feeling my heart bumping, hands shaking and 'am I going to flush' makes it hard to express myself, which causes more anxiety etc.
Makes them ideal situational/performance anxiety imo as it won't affect your cognition. If you still feel more comfortable with a benzo then the combo will, for me at least, allow a lower dose to be as effective.

I'm almost glad they lack any recreational value tbh as I can keep a couple with me and they may still be there months later.

A spliff a prop and half a vallie go down a treat if smoking with anyone more than myself

It only affects the physical symptoms of anxiety without being a sedative. For some people it can cause depression, nightmares and other psychological symptoms. It can be dangerous for someone with asthma or diabetes. The drugs with opposite effect, beta-2-agonists, have an effect of burning fat while maintaining muscle mass (and are also classified as doping in sports because of this), so in principle using beta-blockers every day could negatively affect your physical appearance.

I tried them once for public speaking. They did fuck all. I felt some brain fog but my anxiety was still through the roof.

I used them in school on a few occasions, specifically when speaking infront of my class. They eliminate all physical anxiety.
My voice trembles and my hands become like awkward feelings that have no where to go.
Propanolol took all that way. It's a great pharm in my book, when used properly.

Meetings, dates, anything - it won't get you high, but calm and confident.

I took some GBL before a presentation I had to give and absolutely nailed it. This was a while ago.

I was offered beta blockers once. I didnt have time to think, I just instinctively picked up the GPs computer screen and hurled it through the window. This may or may not have happened.

For real though: It took me a while to get put on anything good, anxiety wise from my GP. First was 3 different antidepressants, obviously one after the other. They did nothing for my depression or anxiety. Then she suggested gabbapentin for back pain and after a good few months on those I decided to ask about pregabalin (for the nerve pain caused by my back) and I said perhaps it would help my anxiety too, as my mum is prescribed it for that.

She said and I quote 'pregabalin is a good one'. So then it was just a matter of time till I repeatedly pushed to up the dosage to get up to the max dose possible prescribed.

Thankfully unlike betablockers these actually work! Not only do they help my anxiety massively but they give me a nice buzz at the same time. Win win :D

I try not to think about the neurological side effects :/ Swiss cheese for brains by the time I'm old. Hopefully not though!
not only do they help for anxiety,usage also results in a terrible withdrawal and not only that! new studies suggest that lyrica abuse results in the halt of new synapse formartion that are created whwn learning new things.