• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Proper insufalation techniques

mazda01

Bluelighter
Is it better to have your nostrils moist or dry when insufalating herion or really anything (coke, exstacy) My thought was that if i first snort some steaming hot water it would open the mucous membranes better than if they were just dry.

I do know that you shouldn't snort it so hard that it goes right into your throat but that you sniff lightly so that it coats the entire nostril, also while snorting to move the tooter around in a circle so that you get both sides of the nostril vs just the outer or inner surface.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you

Start small when sniffing.

I think it takes between 15-30 minutes before you feel the full effects so redosing can be dangerous

Be safe when trying new stuff too. When I get a new stamp I always split one bag up into a bunch of tiny tiny bumps and space them out every half hour or so. You'll be doing two bags at a time the next day anyway so play it safe at first man

Start small when sniffing.

I think it takes between 15-30 minutes before you feel the full effects so redosing can be dangerous

Be safe when trying new stuff too. When I get a new stamp I always split one bag up into a bunch of tiny tiny bumps and space them out every half hour or so. You'll be doing two bags at a time the next day anyway so play it safe at first man
thanks for the concern but you didn't actually answer my question. dry or moist nostrils before snorting?

thanks for the concern but you didn't actually answer my question. dry or moist nostrils before snorting?

True, I feel like having moisture in your nose would get the smack wet and cake it up.

Your nose as is should do the trick, I mean if it's really dry for some reason then you could wet a finger and stick it in the nostril you're using just to moisten it a bit, at most. I myself never have the issue of my nostrils drying out, but I wouldn't soak them entirely before sniffing either if I did - I'd just do as I described above. Not sure of the scientific value in this, but it makes sense to me and that's how I'd do it. I sniffed heroin for almost four years before I started IVing it.

Last edited:
In order to permeate through the membrane the substance must be dissolved in a liquid. Powders will not be able to be absorbed through the cell so the point where the substance is dissolved enough to go through but not liquid enough to fall out is where you want to be for maximum absorption. I actually started doing more K then in the past so I have a cheap saline spray to help moisten my nose before i do it to prevent a lot of it from going down my throat or staying in my nose. Its also great to flush out after 15 minutes to avoid damage.

I usually do smallish lines wait 5-10 minutes do another 2, one in each side, spray a small amount of saline after 10-15 mins (i can tell this works because i can feel it burn again, like stuff has moved and normally it just tastes salty if theres nothing left) and repeat. I feel it works well and there is noticeably less K coming out of my nose if i do it right also no where as near as much pain as when i didnt have this routine.