• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Proof Cocaine Has Changed

i did that shit all backwards. im a punk rocker that went from dope to speed. have been enjoying some pretty ok coke recently too. like a few minutes ago. theres not a lot of rhyme or reason to my use really. im kind of an opportunist. i guess as a punk and a bit of a nihilist im quite happy to take shit as it comes. that said, the cocaine does seem a little different than from when i first used maybe twenty years ago. feels a lot cleaner. its not nearly as tweaky and jittery. of course that could be due to any number of variables. the shit is cheap and consistent lately though, and for that, im fucking thrilled.
I'd guess one of the reason was that strains of the species used for cocaine production, were deveoped to for their resistance to herbicides (when will the US understand it is not OK to spray mutagenic defoliants over other soverign states land ie agent orange/impure 2,4,5-T). So much that the main markets are at saturation point, so it's a buyer's market (at least at top end, multiple kilo purchaes). I mean, who wants drugs cut with worming agents (levamisole)?

I'd guess one of the reason was that strains of the species used for cocaine production, were deveoped to for their resistance to herbicides (when will the US understand it is not OK to spray mutagenic defoliants over other soverign states land ie agent orange/impure 2,4,5-T). So much that the main markets are at saturation point, so it's a buyer's market (at least at top end, multiple kilo purchaes). I mean, who wants drugs cut with worming agents (levamisole)?
theres some asshole out there buying that shit. fucking 'weekend warriors'. passive drug users are the fucking worst. they buy bullshit and do bullshit and create a market for bullshit. its some bullshit. i dont want in of that shit in my drugs. id probably do it if it was right in front of me though, never been one to pass up on anything really, but thats beside the point. either way, tracing the production and cultivation of the plants over the years and examing that relationship to the quality or qualities of the coke is really fascinating shit. its pretty remarkable how much influence and variables there are in the production of any drug really. from all over the fucking place. super interesting to study, i dig shit like this.

After selective breeding for cannabis and coca, I reckon the next one will be selective opium poppies, to compete with fentanyl (it's already the case that an Afghani weed plant is being selectively grown for l-ephedrine, from Ephedra species, for meth synthesis).
Nature produces lots of drugs/precursors that are fuckin' wonderful (it does have 4 billion years of development, via evolution, as opposed to 2 centuries of synthetic organic chemistry).

After selective breeding for cannabis and coca, I reckon the next one will be selective opium poppies, to compete with fentanyl (it's already the case that an Afghani weed plant is being selectively grown for l-ephedrine, from Ephedra species, for meth synthesis).
Nature produces lots of drugs/precursors that are fuckin' wonderful (it does have 4 billion years of development, via evolution, as opposed to 2 centuries of synthetic organic chemistry).
better living through chemistry.

edit: yeah i see how this is weird response now. i wasnt replying directly to your comment about nature being ahead of organic chemistry, i meant, like...its all chemistry. fuck. this didnt land the way i wanted to at all.

First time I tried coke, it was British Pharmacopea 98%+, from a bottle, er 'acquired' from a pharmacy's CD cabinet (mate bought a whole nicked CD cabinet). Never realized I'd never have that purity again. I did really enjoy it, but over time, I realized that cocaine turns a lot of people into into utter self obsessed gobshites (me included). Can't remember exactly how many times I had it until I decided it wasn't for me (max half a dozen times, but more likely 3 or 4). Price played a big part (massively overpriced and cut to fuck by the time it reached British street level), but mostly, it was the gobshite factor. I prefer amphetamine(s), as they motivate me to get things done, rather than just whitter on about what I would do (it's the punk sensibilities from being a teenager!).
That said, a lot of punks went from amphetamine to heroin; again, it's not for me (more a festival crusty, who never lost a love for psychedelics!). Had I developed a taste for cocaine, my heart attack would probably been a whole lot worse (possibly fatal), on top of dairy clogging my right coronary artery.
Always amazes me how increasing monoamine neurotransmitters (dopamine, noradrenaline & serotonin) can go from self obsessed gobshite (cocaine), via loved up gobshite (MDMA) to having insights into life, the universe and everything (LSD, DOM etc), who comes out with bollocks because the English language really can't explain the psychedelic mindset. At least, that's me!
Imma do some good coke later, a mate scores some bomb shit here in 🇵🇪. Just a few bumps lelelel. Ikr, I hate ppl who become thst way too. Although, at some point I've been one of those too xd. With time less is more dawg.

As I've said, I have as much potential to be an arsehole, as anybody else. Cocaine tends to diminish my capacity for self awareness, but it's probably my lack of experience with the drug, as much as the drug itself (as far as I'm aware, most people don't see me as an unbearable, arsehole speedfreak, but I have a lot, I mean A LOT more experience with (meth)amphetamine, so know when I've crossed into arsehole behaviour).
I do know people who are really fond of cocaine, who don't become self obsessed twats, but they are in the minority...

i did that shit all backwards. im a punk rocker that went from dope to speed. have been enjoying some pretty ok coke recently too. like a few minutes ago. theres not a lot of rhyme or reason to my use really. im kind of an opportunist. i guess as a punk and a bit of a nihilist im quite happy to take shit as it comes. that said, the cocaine does seem a little different than from when i first used maybe twenty years ago. feels a lot cleaner. its not nearly as tweaky and jittery. of course that could be due to any number of variables. the shit is cheap and consistent lately though, and for that, im fucking thrilled.

I’ve thought about the reasons why cocaine is so good lately… And it comes down to much more competition than ever before. In the 70’s and 80’s Cocaine had no competition, if you wanted a fun stimulated night out you did coke. Amphetamines were around but not used on the recreational level like today. MDMA didn’t really get going until the late 80’s.

Now there’s high purity MDMA, meth, pharmaceutical Amphetamine everywhere, RC stims… Cocaine has to be pure now or no one will use it.

-GC

theres some asshole out there buying that shit. fucking 'weekend warriors'. passive drug users are the fucking worst. they buy bullshit and do bullshit and create a market for bullshit. its some bullshit. i dont want in of that shit in my drugs. id probably do it if it was right in front of me though, never been one to pass up on anything really, but thats beside the point. either way, tracing the production and cultivation of the plants over the years and examing that relationship to the quality or qualities of the coke is really fascinating shit. its pretty remarkable how much influence and variables there are in the production of any drug really. from all over the fucking place. super interesting to study, i dig shit like this.
Or, as Oscar Wilde put it, "I can resist anything, other than temptation" 😁

You make some excellent points I haven’t heard made before particularly surrounding “passive drug users.” We see it all the time. That person that feels they don’t need a scale or test kits cuz “I hardly ever do it.” These are also usually the people trying to downplay their drug use in an effort to appease the puritanical ideology they were branded with. And in doing so become perfect targets, often being the ones to come on here talking of all these fucked up long lasting symptoms cuz they ate something they shouldn’t have.

-GC

this directly affects the plants concentration of alkaloids in there plant?
Well, I'm pretty sure that altitude alters the ratio of tropacocaine to cocaine in Javanese coca (one of the species of the genus coca belongs to plants selected for resistance to herbicides).

Long didn't fast&bulbous test a sample of p-F tropacaine and if memory serves, march around the house handing out orders? Forgive me if I've got it wrong but it was a jolly funny trip report.

Like desoxy -you declared that you would invade Poland, I forget where I planned to invade. But we wew semi-serious.

If ever a compound needed a sacrificial moiety, desoxypipradrol was IT.

The p-Me would confer selective serotonin activity reducing stimulant activity and make the compound more 'mellow'

Again the p-Me will confer serotonin activity while the m-Me will retain DAT & NET activity but also provide a second metabolic pathway. I would try the p-Me alone to see if that alone wrought the changes sought but if duration it too long and/or the compound still isn't 'warm' enough then the m-Me might well provide the sought after activity.

I know that MANY analogues if this class were produced. Initially they were developed to treat ADHD but the various military powers (and especially their air forces) sought to produce a long-acting stimulant that was developed to allow flight staff to increase their endurance and only occasionally murder dozens of allies in what is kindly termed 'blue on blue'. A strong hint that these drugs are incompatible with hood judgement.

As far as I was concerned, I was issuing invasion plans to my cats, who are utterly loyal!! 🤣

Always thought the best structure based around desoxypipradrol would be achieved by replacing one of the phenyl groups, with say a methoxymethyl group. That puts it half way between desoxy and methylphenidate. Methylphenidate is easily metabolized by plasma pseudoesterases, giving it a half life of a couple of hours. Desoxy, b.eing a bastard to find an easily removed group, to make it more polar for excretion means it's half life is measured in days, not hours. By use of a methoxymethyl group, you have a compound with a distinct area of metabolic attack, but not as easy as methylphenidate (probably require one of the cytochrome isoenzymes).
At a guess, I'd imagine that would extend the half life to somewhere between 4 & 12 hours, which is ideal if using it as a functional stimulant. Extending it to an ethoxymethyl is analogous to the chain length in ethylphenidate, so a hope it would be more dopaminergic in activity. In fact, there is plenty of modifications that can be doñe, to alter its pharmacilogical profile: an ethoxy instead of a methoxymethyl, or a 2-oxopropyl group.
I don't know how this would modify the activity of the drug, other than half life. Ring substitution though, I reckon you could have an 'informed guess' ie. para or meta substitution of a fluoro (or other halogeno group) would lower things like EC50 and probably make it more euphoric in it's action, just like 4-FMPH.

The above is just an educated guess, but a pretty well informed one. Myself, I'd love to try the meta flouro version of the ethoxymethyl compound, as if I'm right, that would make an ideal functional stimulant, with a useful half life/duration of action (I'm not even going to consider the whole range of optical isomers it would produce...)

Last edited:
i miss cocaine from ages ago...
dunno what happens with the scene atm. that so many people are complaining says enough ?

why cutting cocaine with dangerous substance if everyone knews that those cuts are toxic ??

I’ve thought about the reasons why cocaine is so good lately… And it comes down to much more competition than ever before. In the 70’s and 80’s Cocaine had no competition, if you wanted a fun stimulated night out you did coke. Amphetamines were around but not used on the recreational level like today. MDMA didn’t really get going until the late 80’s.

Now there’s high purity MDMA, meth, pharmaceutical Amphetamine everywhere, RC stims… Cocaine has to be pure now or no one will use it.

-GC
wrong. there are dangerous mixed in MDMa pills and other stuff.
cocaine is not on high purity...

As far as I was concerned, I was issuing invasion plans to my cats, who are utterly loyal!! 🤣

Yes - they did not seem perturbed.

But you were never nasty. Some people are downright nasty after stimulants, coke in particular, but you had a map out, Cludo pieces to represent armies and a glint in your eye... like you KNEW it was in your head, but you may as well keep it going since the brakes won't work.

I was the same with G-130. Not orally active but active by any route that doesn't involve the stomach. So I tried it every way to confirm that it WAS like really smooth speed.

Then I have the rest away. The guy kept saying 'better than pink champagne, I wouldn't go THAT far.

But I was most pleased with the pynazolam & pyeyzolam. Now I havec onfirmed that clobazam is active with a '2-F and with a triazolo-ring, and the 7-Cl''2-F are both more active than their parent, that's one question answered. What concerns me is that clobazam plateaus at 40mg every 12 hours. Take more and it does no more so will I end up with something actually STRONGER or simply 'more potent'. If 5mg equals 40mg of clobazam but more doesn't do more, I have a problem.

I have wondered about this before - is clobazam subtle simply because their aren't too many a5b2 GABA receptors in the forebrain? It believe it's vital to producing a really good alcohol mimic.

Pyrrazolam was designed to be a3/a4 selective to check what those 2 do alone - anxiolytic with little sedation or hypnotic activity.
Pynazolam was designed to test if nitrobenzodiazepines release serotonin (my goodness they do) because the triazolo blocks a1 affinity
Pyeyzolam was designed to be a5 selective and bingo - almost all of the positive subjective effects of alcohol are a5 mediated.

But the problem was that 10mg did nothing, 20mg got you 2 bottles of wine drunk, all in 10 minutes. So I realized I would need to use 2 compounds (twice the test costs) or add a 3-OH to pynazolam and pyzolam and form dimer with butane-1,4-diol (it's been done but patent ran out).

I may also add that it is likely that a co-solvent is also likely to required. Anyone got an idea for a tasteless, colourless, water miscible solvent that would be appropriate (and please don't say ethanol).

There's still good coke in Southamerica, trust Me. Real bomb shit.

wrong. there are dangerous mixed in MDMa pills and other stuff.
cocaine is not on high purity...

I don’t mind being told I’m wrong if said person can back up their words with articles or facts.

Yes there is dangerous drugs in ecstasy pills. But if we look at the overall trends, the past 5-10yrs MDMA has been the most available it’s ever been since the very beginning.

As for the cocaine, maybe yours isn’t…

-GC

I think it's an unfinished synthesis. The 16% Cocaine and tropinone at lesser amounts. It's a precursor in many of the existing synthesis. WHo do you think s going to get aa hold of an Chinese synthesis of coke?