Votes: 4 19.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
I wouldn't at all be surprised if Ridley Scott was just blowing smoke up our ass about there not being any Xenomorphs, and then putting them in briefly to fuck with our heads. Maybe a brief shot of a facehugger at the very end or something.

Regardless your thought is worth more than two cents. It is worth my IMAX ticket that I am going to buy...soon. FUCK!!!!!! I need a time machine. Or a shit ton of LSD that will make me think I am time traveling.

I don't think that the Space Jockeys created the Xenomorphs. I was always under the impression that the dreaded Weyland-Yutani Corporation (just Weyland Corp in this one, I think) first conceived of the Xenomorphs... but I'm sure all this speculation is just going to be the death of us all!

we've got a very killer crew interested in this movie in L2R, Ali, Freddy and myself. it's times like these I wished we all lived together so we could all get the chance to view this movie together! think of that!!

I don't think that the Space Jockeys created the Xenomorphs. I was always under the impression that the dreaded Weyland-Yutani Corporation (just Weyland Corp in this one, I think) first conceived of the Xenomorphs...

I am really curious as to how they will answer this question. I am also curious how Weyland will add Yutani to it's name. Weyland industries is supposed to be the BIGGEST corporation EVER. So I have no idea how Yutani enters into it.

but I'm sure all this speculation is just going to be the death of us all!

Going...into...cardiac...arrest...........................................

we've got a very killer crew interested in this movie in L2R, Ali, Freddy and myself. it's times like these I wished we all lived together so we could all get the chance to view this movie together! think of that!!

We should have an all bluelight movie night somewhere on the North American continent. Bring your own beer. :)

maybe they will show at least an egg or somehow explain it.

well Ridley has said that the last "7 minutes" or so will give us an idea on how the whole Xenomorph thing started. Though I hope we won't have to be spoon fed footage of spawning chestbursters, eggs or facehuggers... hopefully enough hints seeded through the movie so that we'll all be able to connect the dots ourselves.

^ yeah I agree with you. I am very trusting in R. Scott, on even the merits of Blade Runner + Aliens alone; those two movies might be my favorite Sci-Fi of all-time

yeah Freddy, I too am pumped to hear more about the Weyland Corporation. it's gonna be great!!

<34axl. hey mate. :)

actually, one of the best things i read about the production of this is the writer's criticism of the star wars prequels.
I’ve always felt that really good prequels should be original movies. And the sequels to those prequels should not be the movie which already exists because, with all due respect to anyone who makes a prequel, but why would you ruin the greatest twist in the history of cinema, “Luke, I am your father”, by showing me three movies which basically spoil that surprise. You can do movies which take place before Star Wars, but I don’t need to see the story of the Skywalker clan. Show me something else which I can’t guess the possible outcome of. There is no suspense in inevitability.

So a true prequel should essentially proceed the events of the original film, but be about something entirely different, feature different characters , have an entirely different theme, although it takes place in that same world. That was my fundamental feeling about what this movie wanted to be.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/21031/-prometheus-becomes-a-little-clearer

fucking brilliant. I love it when those monstrosities aka the Star Wars Prequel-Trilogy are verbally smashed in interviews. what makes SW even more sad is that apparently Star Wars Ep. 1: the Phantom Edit is supposed to be a real good movie

I don't think we are going to get let down with this one... I really like the way R. Scott has promoted this

God damn it. Just found out that the IMAX near me isn't going to screen Prometheus on June 8th. They are still playing the fucking Avengers.

Just ruined my whole God damn day. :X

Reviews are trickling in. Not sure why I'm reading them as they tend to piss me off with the negative comparisons to Alien. I'm personally going to judge it on it's own merits as I'm pretty sure Ridley's goal is not to make another Alien anyway. I reckon I'm going to like it for what it is. And I think most people would be better seeing the movie with that in mind.

yeah the only reason i read this is because is subscribe to darkhorizons, but garth just posted: "Out of "Prometheus", an impressively done but sloppy mess. Too many elements, not enough coherence. Bold, crazy, disappointing."

hype kills, i guess. it needs to be balanced out somehow. anyway, i'm still keen.

still I am appetized at the words "bold, crazy," and "too many elements."

What a massive disappointment this film was, it looks absolutely stunning in 3D but visuals aside the rest of the film is pretty poor :(

The thing is.... you think you were disappointed to it being overhyped? Or you think it's just a bad movie overall?

Personally I am afraid they may have hyped it a bit too much. However I am expecting something much much better than Alien 3, Resurrection and the AvP films. As long as Ridley brings some some sort respectability back to the franchise I'll be happy enough...

Just caught a midnight show. Too tired to get more into it at the moment so if this post seems lacking forgive me.

But I can see how some people were disappointed. The movie definitely asks more questions than it answers, and it kind of overreaches a little bit. If people were expecting a tell all about the origins of the xenomorph then yeah they will be a little disappointed. Some critics seem to think it has failed in "following through with its philosophical ideas". But if this is a failure of the movie I'd say it is a damn good failure. A shot that misses by mere millimeters.

Other than that it is a superb film. It is the most visually stunning movie I have seen in a long time, and the entire cast gave knock out performances. Fassbender stole the show IMO and Noomi Rapace is an excellent leading lady.

I would love to discuss the plot with you guys once more of you have seen it ;) Seriously lots to talk about here.

SPOILER
NSFW:
SPOILER
NSFW:
So I guess I was right in thinking the space jockeys developed the xenomorphs as a bio weapon. The black primordial (?) ooze, and the progenitor of the original xenomorph that it spawns, is in some ways more frightening than the one Ripley tangled with. As for the space jockeys/engineers (revealed in the film as our creators and also our literally distant/genocidal relatives)... I really hope there is a sequel to this prequel lol

Last edited:
I just saw it and loved it. Do you think all the ancient writings we find are really referring to what we have popularized in pop culture as aliens in the sky? Or did that lead us to think there were aliens in the sky?

Saw it yesterday. It's going to take me a while to decide what I really think, lol.

What I will say is though, I think people should take Ridley seriously when he says it's a mostly stand alone movie with Alien elements. As comparing it to Alien will ruin it for you. I found myself doing it at times and had to shake myself out of it.

Last edited:
What I will say is though, I think people should take Ridley seriously when he says it's a mostly stand alone movie with Alien elements. As comparing it to Alien will ruin it for you. I found myself doing it at times and had to shake myself out of it.

I plan on seeing this movie after work tomorrow, but this statement kinda gets me...

I mean, Ridley and Co. have stated, ad nauseum, for us viewers to NOT compare Prometheus to the beloved Alien movies, when we watch this movie. now this rubs me the wrong way because WHY are they saying not to even think of Aliens when watching Prometheus, when the Prometheus trailer uses the SAME music as the Alien trailer, and then goes on and features aliens and spaceships from the said Alien movies?! which one is it??

it seems like Ridley Scott just unleashed a new sci-fi movie, and for him to put even more asses in the seats, he goes on and loosely associates his new sci-fi movie with Alien - which is unacceptable. it seems to me that Prometheus was just going to be a stand-alone film done by Ridley, then at the last second he decides to throw in some references to the Alien movies, in example - the Space Jockey, Weyland Corporation, and bits and pieces of Alien monsters themselves!!