• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Promethazin

Gothmog

Greenlighter
So I have a full bottle of promethazine and 30 tabs Ativan 2. What the best way to get back fir my buck here? Kinda new on forums

its only promethazine? all itll do is make you sleepy. but if you insist, take 45mg then take your ativan 15 minutes later. you'll be out cold within an hour lol

As e92 said, promethazine alone won't do much, besides helping you with an allergy / if you have mental problems. If you mix promethazine and benzos be aware of the risk of respiratory depression, I think you would have to take a lot of both, but there's a possibility of getting problems with mixing CNS depressants.

I'm assuming Ativan 2 means 2 miligrams of Lorazepam. 2 miligrams of Lorazepam are approximately equal in strength to half a 2mg Xanax bar, just somewhat longer-lasting.

As for the best way to use it, that depends on what you're after.
Want to be relaxed yet functional? Take 1 mg of Ativan
Want to feel wasted? Take 4 mg of Ativan (though I really wouldn't recommend it, since you're probably going to lose your inhibitions about re-dosing, and end up going through like 10 miligrams and blacking out, which would be kind of a waste.
Want to sleep? Take 1 mg of Ativan plus some Promethazine.

Although it's been hyped to the high heavens by today's rap scene, Promethazine is not recreational. It's technically an antipsychotic, but it's mostly outdated for its original purpose because it's relatively short-acting and it's better at causing sedation than actually preventing psychotic thoughts. However, these qualities also make it a decent sleep aid, and coupled with an opiate (like codeine) it decreases nausea and itchiness and potentiates the nod-inducing effects.

^This. Promethazine on its own is not really recreational. One could argue that even if it potentiates the effects of opioids, it destroys the high somewhat because it makes you very sleepy.
I never got anything out of it but I do not like to nod either.

You will be better off only doing the Ativan but even that is one of the less recreational Benzodiazepines being quasi non-sedating and mostly an anxiolytic.

As for the best way to use it, that depends on what you're after.
Want to be relaxed yet functional? Take 1 mg of Ativan
Want to feel wasted? Take 4 mg of Ativan (though I really wouldn't recommend it, since you're probably going to lose your inhibitions about re-dosing, and end up going through like 10 miligrams and blacking out, which would be kind of a waste.
Want to sleep? Take 1 mg of Ativan plus some Promethazine.
Sounds just like a commercial you would see on TV ��

My promethazine has codeine in it. I fell asleep last night without doing anything so I guess what's the best way to combine Ativan with prometh/codeine. I feel like putting in in a drink is a waste I'd rather just drink it straight taste doesn't bother me I want to feel great but not totally nod out. Thanks all

I've never used before today. Took 4tbs of prometh with codeine and 3mgs Ativan I feel good and twisted