• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Prolonged iv bupe

19that_1_guy94

Greenlighter
So this is only my second post, but I have been injecting 8mg/2mg suboxone strips everyday for the last two years.& I as I TRY to research the Long term effects of injecting bupe, I have came up with little to nothing

But I am starting to really worry myself. I will to half a strip, twice a day. I do not use micron filters and I only filter it once,it takes me anywhere from 5-45 minutes to successfully inject.my vains are starting to get hard and in the morning I always wake up a little nausea. I know it's very unhealthy..

I know I need to get my ass to a doctor. But I attend a local recovery center and attend classes in return for free suboxone, & I am really worried somehow it will get back to the doctor prescribing my suboxone that I have been injecting and cut me off my meds. I know it's a mindset that can lead to disaster.i have read crazy stories online about people losing limbs because of clogged arteries and such. & just the oily texture of the bupe in the spoon can make me believe that..

I have been thinking about asking being switched to pills "for taste purposes", and just snorting a qaurter every time I get a craving to shoot.ughhhhhh I am an avid gamer and one of my fears are losing a hand and never being able to play a video game again, silly right.?

I am looking for any first hand experiences with prolonged IV bupe, thanks for bearing with this noobie

Thanks guys :)

"First hand experience"

That's sickly funny.

Seriously, stop doing what you're doing! You may well have done permanent damage, but if you catch it now maybe you won't lose that hand you value so much.

Geese, I sound like a dick, not my intention. Trying to be funny and serious at same time.

Enjoy the holiday, if you celebrate. Please sublingual those strips or learn to "water line" them.

Water line.? Like a mud puddle with heroin? (Melting down and snorting it)???? My holidays consist of sitting with some slut and drinking, about to do my thing with a sub,while listening to music videos after working a 12 hour shift at a shitty retail job...

This morning I told myself that I wouldn't touch any of the brand new syringes I just bought two days ago, but now I am gung hoe to main line that shit. Funny how the mind of an addict works

Beside the point.
I am looking for first hand experience

ie: someone who shot suboxone for a prolonged amount of time and can tell me their experiences of health problems.

Last edited:
I admittedly have- usually the strips IM. But when I use it this way I'm sick 4 to 5 hours later (1mg shots) and I do it because I plan on using. I got two nasty abscesses from it this summer and they popped and massive amounts of fluid (thinner and redder than normal pus) came out). Not saying shooting strips is good but def. wouldn't do it with the pills. More junk in those. I have been taking them under the tongue though now unless I plan on using or am low and afraid I will run out (then I do small shots instead of taking half/whole strips) since it has a higher biovalibility injected.

Water line.? Like a mud puddle with heroin? (Melting down and snorting it)???? My holidays consist of sitting with some slut and drinking, about to do my thing with a sub,while listening to music videos after working a 12 hour shift at a shitty retail job...

This morning I told myself that I wouldn't touch any of the brand new syringes I just bought two days ago, but now I am gung hoe to main line that shit. Funny how the mind of an addict works

Beside the point.
I am looking for first hand experience

ie: someone who shot suboxone for a prolonged amount of time and can tell me their experiences of health problems.

I shot subutex for 2 years without filtering and suboxone for maybe 2-3 months. My vascular system is permanently damaged I can only shoot heroin for for about 1-2 weeks before having to go for the femoral or jugular so I kinda switched to vaporizing my opiates.

i cant help you as far as long term effects of IV bupe.
what i can say is that if you can, definately switch to pills, and preferably, subutex.
then snort them, as 1mg snorted, will get you much higher and feeling better than 8mg shot. why? because at doses under 2mg, especially when not IV'd, bupe is actually converted to norbuprenorphine, a full agonist. which means it gets you high. this only works at low doses. shooting bupe is just stupid sorry to say. there is no rush, and you will feel better and get higher vi other roa's. so why would you ruin your veins? save them for real drugs.
i snort 1mg of bupe every 24 hrs and i actually look forward to my dose. its a really nice euphoria for like 4-6 hours after every dose.. then i feel fine til my next one..

IV bupe does have a rush though especially when combined with anti/cholinergics

then snort them, as 1mg snorted, will get you much higher and feeling better than 8mg shot. why? because at doses under 2mg, especially when not IV'd, bupe is actually converted to norbuprenorphine, a full agonist. which means it gets you high. this only works at low doses. shooting bupe is just stupid sorry to say.

I totally agree with this. Although I have never IVd in my life, 4mg shots are way too much! Get the pills and the best bet would be taking them sublingually because even if the BA is lower then snorted or plugged, it lasts longer and causes a more steady plasma concentration.
I snort ~0,5mg a day and it still gets me a little high and kills the WDs. It is totally sufficient (for me). I guess you would need more but really try to lower your dose.
Less is more with Bupe, it is a vast difference and would save you from craving more and of course potential health issues.

Shooting that much for 2 years is way too long. You can be happy nothing happened yet. So better keep it that way and stop the needle.
Good luck!

I've stupidly injected subs on and off for the past year. Just recently got switched over to 'tex. The 8 mg arrows to be specific.

No adverse effects thus far luckily. I just got a pack of microns and wish I had ordered them a long minute ago. I've heard and read all the horror stories and case studies.

Best u can do is use safe injection practices if u HAVE to do it. And rotate inj sites. I still know its bad tho but what can I say im a junkie ?

First off your probably not even feeling your shots so you need to lower your dosage. If you can't seem to shake the needle thing which is hard trust me I've been there and am still there i'm just not on subs anymore thank god. I was on them for 6 years. In the end it had me cutting up tiny slivers and injecting them. Throwing them throughout my room so I couldn't find them then search for them when I was sick. It was mad.

Anyway you gotta try to skip a day and then start injecting less. You really should only need 1mg twice a day IV. At max 2mg def not 4. I doubt your feeling anything from it other than the needle fixation thing.

Also if anything get some bigger syringes and use more water. No one knows the actual damage its doing but I would think watering it down will help quite a bit. Along with lowering your dosage. You'll probably get the same effects anyway dosing 2mg's twice a day as 4 twice a day.

You could also try getting rid of all syringes and attempt to use correctly. The thing about the strips is I hated the bioavailibility sublingually and had to either add water and squirt up my nose or shoot it.. I liked the pills because I snorted them daily for years which didn't seem to cause any damage.

These days i'm hooked on loperamide. 25-30 pills and I honestly feel much healthier on it than suboxone. I'm not saying to switch but to me it feels way healthiier and your libido actually comes back.

Man I wish you luck. If you could just get over this and take them as prescribed preferebly in the lower dosage range you'll be ok but it seems anyone who stays on high dosage in the end starts feeling like shit and they don't give you energy they just makke you depressed and cause low dopamine and libido issues.

I wish some genius would come on here and give me the god given advice I have been needing to kick this shit once and for all...heree I am, two years later. Still doing the same old same old EVERY DAY

Dude. I know the fucking feeling.. cant stop bangin my subs, but I will say this.. the strips, from what I have seen from friends who IVed them VS the friends I have, and myself who shoot and only ever have shot the pills, either generic suboxone or subutex.. in my case I bang 'tex. The damage I have seen, was WAY worse much less time shooting the strips, as opposed to people like myself, who have been banging ONLY the pill forms of bupe, for years.. ive been slamming subs for like 3-4 years now I believe? something in that timeframe.. My veins aren't perfect, and I haven't ever used or had access to micron filters unfortunately, I barely have access to clean rigs! I wish there were local places that sold those items, to just... anyone! but no pharmacies or stores, except just ONE Wal-Mart in my area sell rigs, without proof on an insulin prescription.. totally ridiculous..

But yeah, my veins are still okay.. not to the point where I have to hit my jugular/femoral veins yet.. never have even once.. I have used the same veins my whole time using drugs IV, close to 5 years in total, including many other drugs besides sub.. opioids, coke, etc.. I have always been as clean as possible about the way I do this though! I first, always have a fresh rig... next, make sure the area I am prepping is immaculate.. totally germ/bacteria free.. make sure I filter at least 2x, even if my solution comes back crystal clear on the first filtration.. I use very tightly rolled cottons.. the tighter they are rolled the better they work as a filter, but still nowhere near as good as microns do (from what I read and hear at least), so if you have a way to get them.. get them.. then I make sure the area I am injecting in, is swabbed with some iso/ethyl alcohol before injecting.. then I bang.. then I usually catch a slight nod, depending on how much klonopin I have taken by the time of the shot, I do 2mg bupe 4x a day.. and I am scripted kpins too, so that makes the bupe feel a bit stronger.. throw some good weed in the mix, and I am totally feeling "opiated"! its wild.. I smoke weed, and I actually feel the bupe every second, post shot.. as soon as I push the plunge, if I am on over 2-4mg of kpin and have smoked weed, to where I am stoney, I get LIT!

NOW.. it sounds fun up above right?! it isn't.. and it wont be, if us IV bupe addicts, even those lucky, fortunate, or at all able to get micron filters, its still not good for you.. its way better, than the old cotton filter, 2-4x, then bang method! And I would totally use them, if I lived on my own, and didn't have very nosey parents.. but atm I have no choice, its either this life I live now.. or on the street, probably back on H, and fucked up bad, living life the worst it can be lived.. fuck that.. I have learned to accept, now, having tried going back to other ROAs like plugging with bupe, but I just cannot be satisified unless I bang something each day! It is the hardest addiction to explain to people, especially with IV bupe.. lots of people think bupe does nothing.. or it really doesn't effect them, like it does me and others who DO feel the bupe.. I really feel it when IVed, not as much now that I have been banging it for years, when I rail it or plug it now though, which I have tried going back to.. just doesn't cut it, as long as I have clean rigs.. which is pretty much 24/7.

Also.. 19that: have you tried plugging bupe? its very nice in comparison to IV.. it may not be AS nice feeling, and not have the 100% BA.. but besides the awkward, putting a needleless syringe up your bum part, while being a straight male(that's me!) it is pretty full proof, and its helpful to curb the IV cravings.. a little better than sniffing is! It is like, getting a shot ready for IV.. except no filter needed, and its going up the bum, not in the vein.. also, its totally harmless.. probably even safer than sublingual is, as that shit in suboxone, is not good for your teeth at all.. I know a guy who actually lost teeth from bupe! crazy.. anyways, maybe something you might want to consider, as weird and awkward it may sound to some people.. open your mind, and lock your door.. no one has to know.. it sure as hell beats the awful IV addiction.. but I am no one to talk, long time bupe bangin addict here.. don't see myself stopping voluntarily any time soon, and its been like 5 years.. soooooo. yeah.

Just because you plug your not gay for sticking something to your butt.... Are you gay for wiping your ass? No. So stating your not gay when you plug is quite homophobic.... Hell try massaging your prostate once and you'll want to be gay you'll love it so much you don't even have to put anything up your ass. Just rub hard in between your penis base and asshole. Tell me your not gay after feeling a rush stronger and more pleasurable than heroin just by rubbing your prostate.

Just because you plug your not gay for sticking something to your butt.... Are you gay for wiping your ass? No. So stating your not gay when you plug is quite homophobic.... Hell try massaging your prostate once and you'll want to be gay you'll love it so much you don't even have to put anything up your ass. Just rub hard in between your penis base and asshole. Tell me your not gay after feeling a rush stronger and more pleasurable than heroin just by rubbing your prostate.
I'm so sick of this liberal bullshit that demonizes the mere thought of something possibly "being gay". If sticking shit up his ass makes him feel gay, who are you to tell him it doesn't? He didn't say anything about homosexuality being wrong and made no judgement. He said doing something like sticking a rig up his ass made him FEEL a certain way. Worry about your own perceptions.

That feeling is a thought and it's a misconception. You're gay if you are attracted to the same sex not anal stimulation.

How much do you want to bet everyone who says they are not gay for plugging are guys? Just making a point

It's fucking terrible that the USA is so bad that an addict on maintenance meds cannot seek medical attention for fear of being cut off their maintenance meds for abusing them....that's punishing someone for being an IV drug addict that they gave very IV'able opioids to take home.

I know here in Canada the methadone clinic I go too virtually has no repercussions for using drugs and testing positive for drugs, you will just never be allowed to take ur methadone home. They know we are drug addicts and to expect no drug use from everyone is ofcourse preposterous. I think punishing someone for having a severe drug problem is wrong

End of rant

Sorry please continue

I wish some genius would come on here and give me the god given advice I have been needing to kick this shit once and for all...heree I am, two years later. Still doing the same old same old EVERY DAY

It's just a matter of time till you'll get serious side effects, like COPD, silicosis, damaged veins, maybe heart problems etc.
At least use a micron filter

I injected subutex for over a year. I now have 8 months clean and I've still been noticing weird issues.

My limbs aren't getting great circulation and I've had this lagging cough for 6 months. I believe that could be from the talc from the pills getting in my lungs from all the IV use. I need to go to the doctor.

Anybody know how bad that talc is for you? I'm paranoid about it. Heads up if you plan on going the IV ROA with bupe