• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Prohibition Returns!

The sad part is that the only reason anyone knows about this is because the woman was rich. People with less money and status are subjected to abuses far worse from police as a matter of course. There needs to be much more effective oversight of police infringement of civil liberties.

fucking pigs

neo prohibitionists? gimme a break...
maybe it's because prohibition worked so well in the 20's and 30's?
or maybe because how effective drug prohibition and the 'war on drugs' has been? :\

i'm against driving drunk but what the fuck?

In Canada you can be arrested for any amount of alcohol in your system if an officer feels you are unfit to drive.

Geez, why don't we just outlaw cars. 8(

Carl Landrover said:
A few years ago it was explained at my school that the DD in the local MADD and SADD (Mothers AgainstDD/Students AgainstDD) chapters no longer stands for 'drunk driving', but 'destructive decisions'. So essentially anything that may be viewed as destructive. Not sure if it's like that everywhere.

Well then, we should all join DAMM, Drunks Against Mad Mothers, or maybe it should be D'DAMM. Defenders of Democracy Against Mothers Molesting (the Constitution, that is).

I didn't read anything past the first paragraph, but GOD DAMN what a dickhead ass cop. and also. god damn that was long, it took me almost a minute to scroll past it.

Finder said:
It's actually very easy to do when you're in an area with a lot of street lights. But it's ok, chicken little, the sky is falling and soon everyone will be on driving with their lights off on the wrong side of the road. Oh, the humanity!

No one deserves to be treated like she was for forgetting to turn her lights on.

And especially if your car has automatic headlights and you expect them to turn on instantly at night.

Driving a few hundred yards with your lights off because they failed to automatically turn on like they were designed to do shouldn't net you a DUI charge and hours in a jail cell...

go_raps_go said:
this stuff is ridicilous, but no one seems to be able to do anything about it, anyone against things like this get labeled as not caring about human life or w\e bullshit they use to make you feel guilty for having a good time..

DONT YOU CARE ABOUT THE CHILDREN!?!??!?!!? MY DAUGHTER GOT BRUTALLY MERCILESSLY MURDERED! MURDERED! IN COLD BLOOD! BY A FILTHY DEGENERATE DRUNK WHO DIDNT CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT HIMSELF WHEN HE GOT IN HIS CAR. NOT PEDESTRIANS, OTHER DRIVERS, MY DAUGHTER, OR THE BABY JESUS! AND NOW MY BABY IS DEAD!!!!!!!!! AND YOU THINK THAT IS OKAY!!!???????? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!! ILL PRAY FOR YOU!!

8( ;)

I hate MADD. And like other posters here I got alot to say. Once i get blazed n am chillin out later on Im sure ill have some good shit to say. Till then.....First article on here of this lenghth that i read all the way thru. its very good shit. worth your 10 minutes no doubt.

Last edited:
ranunky said:
She was driving with her fucking lights off. Stupid bitch deserved it.

Have you ever been to a city? I know it should be a simple thing, but there is times where when you are driving there is light everywhere. street lights, bar lights, store lights, gas station lights, basically even at midnight there aint even one little ounce of doubt about whether you can see with your lights off. You definately can. I turn on my lights when i cant see good enough to drive. if you can see just fine, sometimes you can forget to flip them on.

Also the woman said she had automatic lights. That means that her lights come on automatically and she dont have to turn them on. if you got in your car, where your lights always turn on without you turning them on, and you can see in front of you just fine and dandy, i can definately see how you wouldnt check to see if they are on, if you can see, and if every other time your lights go on by themself. And that aint got jack shit to do with bein "drunk." .03 is not DRUNK. It aint tipsy. Unless you are oriental or jewish or got some kind of liver enzyme metabolizing problem, or a total complete lightweight that weights 83 pounds, one glass of wine dont get you fucked up. i dont see why people be like OH SHE DESERVED IT for some shit like that its just stupid. do you even listen to what youre sayin when you come out with some shit like that?

^^^ Lol i totally agree with what you said in 2 of your posts. They always come out with shit like OMG my daughter or son got slaughtered by a drunk driver. So in their mind anyone who drinks even if it's in the privacy of their own home is evil.

Ya it's stupid people saying that she deserved it. Just because you forgot to turn your headlights on doesn't mean that you deserve all that fucking bullshit. And no way are ya gonna get drunk on 1 glass of wine unless your 50 pounds. Well maybe that home made wine we used to drink would put you over the limit.

Lacey, calm down, I feel your pain. ...more than you know, in fact. My son died in his sleep from a reaction to chocolate, and my lazy, drunk, stoner, ex-wife putting him to bed instead of taking him to the hospital. Maybe she was just too drunk to drive, I'd imagine... 8(

Regardless, and believe me, as sorry as I am for both your loss and mine, I still feel prohibition isn't the answer. Like I joked earlier:

mulberryman said:
Geez, why don't we just outlaw cars. 8)

...or guns, or booze, or drugs, (or chocolate) or how 'bout just being a stupid asshole. Do you think we can (or even should) lock up every stupid asshole in the world? Sounds like a kind of dumb and assholier than thou thing to do, as a society. Perhaps, we should just lock up everyone, the world would be a safer place. :|

youarewhatyouis said:
I got a DUI when I was 18 years old....fresh out of high school. Three MADD members sat in court when I was sentenced. It turns out that they sat in on every single DUI sentencing that day.

And I remember thinking to myself, how is this helping their cause? I took it personally. My life was none of their business. Now I'm a bit older, and wiser, and I see MADD members for what they really are. They are women who are still in alot of pain about the sudden death of someone they cared about. They aren't sneaky politicians. They're just sad, and they need an outlet for their pain.

and I think that we all know that alcohol prohibtion would be a fucking nightmare for the law abiding straight members of society, just like it was in the 20's and 30's. So-called potheads and dopefiends would have the best connects for the booze. (because we already have the black market connects) Cops wouldn't be able to seperate the "good" drug dealers from the "bad" drug dealers.

Officer 1: What do you mean we can't arrest him?
Officer 2: Stand down son, this guy is my beer connect.
Officer 1: But sir! That man just sold 3 pills of heroin to.....
Officer 2: I SAID STAND DOWN GODDAMNIT!!

3 'pills' of heroin eh?

i'd rather be a part of HAIT (Humans Against Ignorant Totalitarians)

Call me a quaint little aussie, but it seems to me (from what I read and hear) that (alot of) cops in the US are psychotic fuckwits....

I realise cops have a job to do, and they put their ass on the line, but is it necessary to fuck people around like that?

In my younger days, I completely fucked up a car because I was drunk (thank god I didn't injure myself or anyone else) - and I learnt my lesson because I was dealt with in a civil matter by the cops and the magistrate who later sentenced me. Because I wasn't fucked around I was able to acknowledge the stupidity of my actions. I am now totally opposed to the irresponsible use of motor vehciles. I am so grateful I didn't injure anyone else - such a tragedy would be horrible to bear, especially because of one stupid decision.

That said, reactions such as those demonstrated by the fuckwit cop of this article does nothing to minimise irresponsible drinking and motor vehcile use. Sure, this woman will probably never drink before driving ever again...but most people who read or hear about this are only going to get angry about the injust treatment meted out by the authorities. It's stupid, overbearing behaviour like this that detracts from the legitimate message of "Don't Drink and Drive". Victims of this sort of behaviour are not going to adjust their attitudes to alcohol and driving.

It would seem that this woman was more a victim of police quotas than either the cops or her own actions.

perhaps, but it still leads to the same result.

in any case, police quotas or not, it was this policeman's decision to bust this woman for drink driving. it was up to him to uphold the law in a responsible manner. IMHO, he fucked up

Indeed, though the higher ups that run the department are just as guilty. Noone wants the job of cop in the US except for psychotic fuckwits, and the reason for this is cyclical. Noone wans to be a cop except for psychotic fuckits, because noone wants to be a cop except for psychotic fuckwits.