• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Progress after 2 mg Bupe?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Dear BL Fam,

I’ve been feeling quite physically dependent on daily 2mg Bupe for a year and was at one point at 8mg/day over 3 years ago. On the day of the week when my weekly Bupe script runs out, I feel absolutely unwell. Tiredness, lack of motivation, mild depression, just wanting to call in sick for work and stay in bed essentially.
How should I progress from 2mg daily? I get mixed info from my Sub nurse and my pharmacist. Doctor says Suboxone doesn’t come in a dose less than 2mg while my pharmacist has broken a mg tablet in two while I was on 5mg dose. How should I plan on eventually acclimatizing my body and getting off this 2mg daily dose?
I’ve noticed that the level of depression on and off 2mg subs may not be that far off. I’m about to go travel in the new year where I’ll request Sub carries.
How much time and preparation in terms of over-the-counter meds would I need to jump off 2mg daily and should I do it?

Thanks and sorry for the jumbled post today.

Despite the manufacturer saying you can’t cut the strips, you can slice them accurately for easy tapering to as low as you want to go. 2mg is still too high to jump. Get the strips.

-GC

Despite the manufacturer saying you can’t cut the strips, you can slice them accurately for easy tapering to as low as you want to go. 2mg is still too high to jump. Get the strips.

-GC
Thank you for your reply. I’ll ask about the strips and about decreasing dose. What dose is good to jump off for many people?