• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Problem with Oxy

Suicxde

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I have zero opiate tolerance and I snorted half of a 20mg IR pill, then took the other half orally, and only felt a small buzz.
In the past, I had hydrocodone (22.5mg doses) 4 days in a row 6 months ago, and the first time I didn't get high.
This was my first time trying Oxy, do you think it's the same case? Will I get high the next time? 20mg with no tolerance should have fxcked me up!

I don't know what type of high you're expecting, but the opiate high is pretty subtle, it's not like acid, alcohol or MDMA, but that's why its so seductive IMO. Quite honestly though, I've known a lot of people that didn't feel much off of 10-20mg of oxycodone with no tolerance. Don't get me wrong, probably most people would get quite high, but some people have a higher natural tolerances then others, this might be the case for you too. Also, while snorting oxy will make it hit you faster, the absorption is actually lower then oral dosing. If you want to speed up the onset you could also dissolve it in some water and drink it down.

I'm going to transfer this to BDD.

There could be any number of reasons but agree with Znegative that its how they sneak up on you that makes so many feel like this.

I think we need a writer who loves oxy to detail it.

I know what to expect man, i know just know there was more to it. 22 mg of Hydrocodone got me fucked, so 20mg of oxy should get me fucked. This feels like 7.5 mg or less of Hydro. Should I take it orally on an empty stomach next time?

Hey everyone, I have zero opiate tolerance and I snorted half of a 20mg IR pill, then took the other half orally, and only felt a small buzz.
In the past, I had hydrocodone (22.5mg doses) 4 days in a row 6 months ago, and the first time I didn't get high.
This was my first time trying Oxy, do you think it's the same case? Will I get high the next time? 20mg with no tolerance should have fxcked me up!

Well it was a smart decision to start at a low dose, to test the waters so to speak. But now that you've dipped your toes in and know how you'll react, it's time to find the correct dose for you.
As Zneg pointed out, intranasal has half the bioavailibilty as oral does, but has a faster onset. When I used to take oxy, I did exactly what you did and opted to take half orally and the other half intranasally, this is a good method, you just need to increase your dose. Also I've noticed that the higher mg pills, seem to be more effective than the lower mg ones. so for instance I will feel more analgesic effects from two 30mg pills, as opposed to four 15mg, or three 20mg.

If 20mg only gave you a slight buzz, I would increase your dose to at least 40mg, then slowly tritate your dose until desired effects are achieved.

- SS373dOH Soul

thanks for the good and fast replies, oxys are expensive as fuck, but do you think i should mix w/ water or take orally before i take more than 20mgs

thanks for the good and fast replies, oxys are expensive as fuck, but do you think i should mix w/ water or take orally before i take more than 20mgs

I don't understand what you're asking, you might have to rephrase your question..

- SS373dOH Soul

Ahem: Before I up my dosage of said illicit substance, do you believe it is adequate that I try to take an approximately 20 milligram tablet, by swallowing, to see if the effects or stronger, another option may be mixing said pill with water, or CWE, and drinking it that way to see if the dosage is correct, but the ROA is wrong?

Yeah, do that^. I always got good effects from swallowing Oxy vs snorting. Last time I came across it, last year sometime, I sniffed a whole 30mg and I still didn't feel as right as about 45mg Hydros would get me.
The first time I did Oxy though, I ate half a 30, and sniffed the other half and I was GOOD. And that was literally right after a big plate of spaghetti, so how the fuck It worked so well is beyond me....of course my tolerance was a lot lower back then, so there's that.

But if you do insist on snorting some, eat half or 2/3s first, WAIT at least 30 minutes, then sniff. This way you'll get a pretty good dose at once. If you snort it first, then eat more, it's gonna be all gradual and shit and not hit you hard. You want it all getting in your bloodstream simultaneously, regardless of how you take it.
IME though Oxy, and MOST OPIOIDS besides maybe Dilaudid, and Oxymorphone are better eaten than snorted. IDK why, IME though, not only do most opiates not work as well via insufflation, but snorting them also REALLY fucks up my nose/sinuses.
Idk if it's related to the histamine release or what, but almost all opiates fuck up my nose when snorted....like they don't burn at all, nice and smooth usually, but the next day it's like snot-nose central, lol.

You don't need no CWE with 20mg oxy, even if it's Percocet. Just take it, and if you wanna snort a line, break off a chunk before you do...but not if it's a combination product like Percs, you don't wanna snort APAP. But you can't go wrong if you eat 15mg and snort 5mg about 15-30minutes after you pop it.
You probably couldn't go wrong eating it all either, so the choice is yours OP, just be safe, use good sense.
And I agree with the first poster who said that the so-called opiate "high" is QUITE subtle, at least in my experience it is....I don't know why people would pick opiates as a RECREATIONAL drug of choice...but I guess a lot do.

Thanks for all of the advice Treefa! I am about to swallow a 20mg tablet, no snorting, I'll report back how it goes. And yeah, I've felt the "high" with them, warmth, comfortable, and love (girlfriend and I kissed and talked for hours).

^Wuss lol. =p

Yeah sure if you want to see if orally will give you a better high, go for it. It's best to start low anyways. Then you can work your way up from there.
Oral bioavailibility is ~80% Intranasal bioavailibility is ~40%
However oral is a slower onset, a gradual incline to the top, duration of action is longer, and imo more sedating. IN has a rapid onset, A steep spike to the top, short action duration, and is stimulative in nature. I would say a majority of BLer's prefer oral administration (That's what she said! =D), I prefer IN.

The 20mg oxycodone's don't have acetaminonphen in them, so a cwe is redundant.

- SS373dOH Soul

Last edited:
took another. i dont even know any of you but i love yall for giving me this advice