View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Problem dissolving DMT for changa

greengoat

Greenlighter
So my goat has recently gotten into DMT and wants to make some changa for a change and to make it last a bit longer. However, the goat has been having problems dissolving the DMT in acetone (both warm and boiling). Maybe it's because it is full-spectrum DMT? Not sure if that's relevant, but I can't think of what else it might be. Thanks for any help!

Hi welcome to bluelight. Maybe its a salt of DMT rather than the freebase. To my knowledge salts of DMT are only very slightly soluble in acetone. Did you extract it yourself or buy it?
Oh and you can quit the goat story bullshit its annoying to read and everyone knows yer talking about you. SWIM and variations are against the rules i think.

^what he said...must be a salt.
Freebase DMT is more soluble in acetone than in most NPS.
You'll need to turn it back to base for it to dissolve in acetone...that said, if you want to smoke it as a salt(not recommended) you can dissolve it in EtOH(everclear)and make changa that way.

Orrrr, it could be that your goat doesn't know WTF he's doing...goats are notoriously bad at chemistry.

Last edited:
An easy solution is to put the DMT and herbs in a shot glass, then put the shot glass in boiling water (don't get water in the shot glass!). The DMT will melt into the herbs without any chemical change.

Do you have any reason to believe it's a salt?

Woah tell your goat to be careful, I don't think I've ever heard of a goat with knowledge in chemistry.