Probation Procedures

TheGreeenGlob

Bluelighter
Hello all. I need some advice from some people who have been caught with small amounts of bud. A good friend of mine was caught with a rolled blunt in his car. His court date is in a few weeks and he obviously doesn't want to stop smoking untill he has to. We are trying to figure out they way his probation is going to work. Is there any chance he will be drug tested the day he goes to court? My guess was no but we'd love to here it from people who have been through this. Do they set up a date for you to take piss tests after the court date or what? If so is it a while after or like the next week. Anyone who has gone through this before please tell us of how your experience was. Thx

If he was caught with a blunt, then chances are they probably already kno that he's dirty. Unless he plans on fighting it, they could give him a drug test. And if he get put on probation, they usually give you a month to sober up. So my advice, is if he doesn't plan on fighting the case, then keep on smokin'!!

plan ahead for this one. odds are he is facing probation for 1 year with drug tests. I suggest just quitting smoking and returning when its all over.

If you want to really risk it get a device to cheat the system. -J

yeah im in the same boat for a class A misdemeanor, im still going to smoke and just going to keep sending out dirty piss for TASC until they propose rehab I guess. Once that happens Im going to drop TASC and just serve my jail time, by then Ill have money collected and will be able to move out either before the jail time or after it so if they switch me to probation for some gay reason then Ill be in the clear anyhow.

It's possible but Very unlikely that he'll be tested when he goes to court. The first test will probably be on the first day he meets his probation officer. There's also a possibility that he'll be ordered to meet his probation officer directly after sentencing.

I can't say for sure what the system will do to him. But here, the first time you take a test, if it's positive for marijuana nothing happens. They tell you, stop smoking now. Every test afterwards has to show a decreased level of THC and as long as the THC level is declining and not increasing, you don't get in trouble. But it could be a different situation where you live. In my city this is for people who are sentenced to 'drug court probation' (special program for non-violent drug offenders) which they don't have everywhere (i live in a big city). I imagine they wouldn't be as lenient with people on regular probation.

To answer the other question about when you might get tested:
I had to register at the probation building the day of my court date. They gave me the number of a Probation Officer and said to set up a meeting. I couldn't get ahold of anyone there until three weeks later. The meeting date they scheduled me for was one month after that. So between sentencing to probation, I had almost 7 weeks before I had to take the first test.

Again this is in a big city, lots of crime, the system is overflowing here, so it might be a quicker process elsewhere.

if hes not on probation yet, and isnt gonna fight it, and doesnt want to quit.... he shouldnt quit IMO.

It is a much better idea to stop smoking.

If your court or judge is like Virginia, than you will be drug tested. Your probation officer also may want to drug test you, since it is probable he will get some sort of probation. Alot of probation officers will drug test the day you meet also; many probation officers also only test when they meet you.

Whatever the case may be, it is much better if you are clean. It is also very likely the judge may have a short recess, and during that period you are drug tested, and upon the drug test results the judge will decide on what to do with you.

Failing a drug test first thing is one of the worst things you can do, in my opinion. It is much better to just stay clean until your out of the system, but if your friend really wants to push the envelope like this than at least stay clean until court, and THEN you can try your luck.

Sometimes when you get "ROR" from jail they make certain stipulations in your release, which most likely they would of said no drugs, id check that out first.

Secondly, in Florida they make you go see your PO right after court (you have an hour to go check in or your violated) They give you 30 days to clean up (at least in Florida)

So as long as whomever didnt have certain stipulations in there release clause then the said person is stil allowed to do whatever (up untill the sentence) then after that your ass is theres.

I was on probation/house arrest for 7 years in Florida, I would never take probation again just take me to prison.