• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Probably silly but, anxiety about getting through tomorrow. Help?

Raindrops42

Greenlighter
Hi all, never posted here before but have heard good things about the support on these forums. I’m sure this post is going to sound ridiculous as it’s such a minor issue compared to what some people deal with, but I just need to hear some folks tell me it’s going to be okay.

I suffer from pretty bad chronic pain due to a medical condition. Been on norco for about 6 years now, at my current dose (40mg per day) for about 1 year. My pain has been pretty well managed, but this month I f’ed up my knee. Badly. Along with some progressively worsening leg pain that I’m going to see another dr about as soon as I can. I had to take extra of my meds just to get through the month and am finding myself a bit short on my meds, which I’m kicking myself about. I’ve had this happen once or twice before, before we’d worked out a proper dose to control my pain, but my pain is so bad this month I just don’t know how I’m going to deal with tomorrow.

i had bought kratom a year or so ago just in case of emergency when pain patients started having trouble getting their meds, but I’ve never used it and have no idea what to do with it or how to properly dose the powder. I tend to be prone to nausea and sensitive to meds in general. My spouse has thc gummies but I don’t react well to thc. I also have gabapentin but hate how it makes me feel so I try to limit that too. Is there any way I can not be in total agony tomorrow or do I just have to try to tough it out?

welcome to BL, i have gaba, for sleep, doesnt work but my nerve pain is less, sorry it is not effective for you, im sure you know all about salves, icey hot and compresses and all that, tumeric is anti inflammatory, but your concerned about WD mostly?

Last edited:
You can try mixing 10g Kratom with some good yogurt to reduce the bitter taste and hopefully not vomit

I struggle with nausea too, it's quite strange. I'll dose myself and nothing happens and I feel great. When it wears off I dose myself again and almost immediately puke it up.
I actually can’t stand yogurt. XD Bitter flavors don’t so much bother me though. I drink plain black teas a lot. I was just worried because I heard it can trigger nausea. I do also have a zofran rx because of my tendency towards bad nausea but wasn’t sure if that was safe to take with it.

welcome to BL, i have gaba, for sleep, doesnt work but my nerve pain is less, sorry it is not effective for, im sure you know all about salves, icey hot and compresses and all that, tumeric anti inflammatory, but your concerned about WD mostly?
Thanks! And yeah, I have a heating pad which I’ve been using but it only does so much. All other otc remedies don’t really seem to touch my pain. I have pretty severe nerve and joint damage in my leg.
I don’t know if it’s WD or rebound pain/hyperlgesia but whenever I’ve first stopped my meds temporarily in the past the pain in my bad leg is just agonizing. But yeah WD too.

I have 2 10mg norco left over (I usually break them in half and take 1/2 every 2-3 hrs instead of 1 every 4-6 as I seem to respond better to lower doses more often than higher doses less often). Is there some way I can safely use the kratom to kind of spread those out more and just get me through until I can get my refill?

I actually can’t stand yogurt. XD Bitter flavors don’t so much bother me though. I drink plain black teas a lot. I was just worried because I heard it can trigger nausea. I do also have a zofran rx because of my tendency towards bad nausea but wasn’t sure if that was safe to take with it.

Thanks! And yeah, I have a heating pad which I’ve been using but it only does so much. All other otc remedies don’t really seem to touch my pain. I have pretty severe nerve and joint damage in my leg.
I don’t know if it’s WD or rebound pain/hyperlgesia but whenever I’ve first stopped my meds temporarily in the past the pain in my bad leg is just agonizing. But yeah WD too.

I have 2 10mg norco left over (I usually break them in half and take 1/2 every 2-3 hrs instead of 1 every 4-6 as I seem to respond better to lower doses more often than higher doses less often). Is there some way I can safely use the kratom to kind of spread those out more and just get me through until I can get my refill?
dont know much about kratom , but some fellow addicts would call me up to hit me up for pills, id sometimes give a few but mostly say i was out and they would say , thats ok ill go get kratom, theres a kratom thread i think(just hear lots of talk about it) here , might get even more answers, i hope you get your pain eased ASAP best:cry: of luck

Trying to get a picture here. "Pretty bad pain", i.e NSAIDs and acetaminophen are useless, yes?

What kind of pain are we speaking of, and what kind of medical condition? If this is not too personal of a question. Neuropathic, nociceptive, there's really different methods depending on the pain.

I've seen lots of different meds and drugs at work, in long-term/short-term scenarios, and Kratom is one of the few drugs where I have almost no concerns. Watch your eating habits, and be careful, but considering the pain this is one of the best choices available.

Rubbing Cannabis oil on the area can also help a lot managing pain. Doesn't need to have THC in it. For nerve pains especially it can do wonders

Trying to get a picture here. "Pretty bad pain", i.e NSAIDs and acetaminophen are useless, yes?

What kind of pain are we speaking of, and what kind of medical condition? If this is not too personal of a question. Neuropathic, nociceptive, there's really different methods depending on the pain.

I've seen lots of different meds and drugs at work, in long-term/short-term scenarios, and Kratom is one of the few drugs where I have almost no concerns. Watch your eating habits, and be careful, but considering the pain this is one of the best choices available.

Rubbing Cannabis oil on the area can also help a lot managing pain. Doesn't need to have THC in it. For nerve pains especially it can do wonders
Yup, I take otc stuff (200-400mg ibuprofen) with my norco 2-3 times a day but have to limit it due to a propensity for ulcers. But otc pain relievers do little to nothing on their own for my pain.

I think some of it is nerve pain and others joint damage. I’ve had multiple surgeries on my hip and have early onset arthritis in both that and my knee (have tried arthritis meds and had bad reactions to them). Also have multiple bulging discs in my spine and nerve damage somewhere in my back or leg (had nerve conduction tests done though dr didn’t tell me specifically where the damage was). I have a genetic connective tissue disorder (EDS) so basically my joints just pop out of their sockets randomly and I’m very prone to sprains, dislocations, subluxations, and other soft tissue injuries, so I have a long history of them (with multiple to my leg, thus the extra bad pain). It’s a fairly painful condition but I’ve been managing it until now. Was diagnosed late unfortunately (as many of us with it are) though so that left a number of years where I built up injuries and didn’t treat them properly because I didn’t know what was going on, and now I’m paying for it.

Something is clearly up with my leg and I plan to see an ortho about it but just trying to get through until I can get an appointment.

Good news is it looks like I *am* able to get my refill this afternoon so all my panic was over nothing, and I feel very silly. I really appreciate everyone’s help and plan on looking into all of this to help mitigate bad pain flares in the future. Maybe I can use some of these alternatives to avoid having to double up on my meds! The irony of all of this is I’ve reacted horribly to the few “fun” drugs I’ve tried in my youth (probably due to my medical condition, I dunno) including stronger opioids (was given fentanyl after surgery a few times and *hated* it) so my risk for abuse is super low but all the crackdowns to prevent abuse have caused so much stress surrounding just managing my pain, that sometimes I feel frustrated having to rely on the meds I do take and constantly worry the government is just one day going to go “sorry we’re decided none of these are safe, so you don’t get them anymore.”

I believe my spouse has cannabis oil which he uses for his wrist and says it’s been helpful. I can’t remember if I’ve tried it, but will try again! I‘d lost faith in topicals after Voltaren gel was hyped by my dr and didn’t do much but I should try others. Do you apply it where the nerve damage is, or where the pain is? I get shooting (pain on light touch) nerve pain down my leg but I’m not sure where the origin of it is.

Last edited:
Some people mix kratom with chocolate milk, some people use fruit juices like orange juice. I can force myself to down the mixed drink but it's not easy for me. I heard mixing Kratom with hot liquid nullifies and ruins its effects, in case you are tempted to mix it with say hot coffee which I did one time trying to mask the taste.

Some people mix kratom with chocolate milk, some people use fruit juices like orange juice. I can force myself to down the mixed drink but it's not easy for me. I heard mixing Kratom with hot liquid nullifies and ruins its effects, in case you are tempted to mix it with say hot coffee which I did one time trying to mask the taste.
Oh that’s good to know because I was considering tea, since that’s my usual beverage of choice! Is grapefruit juice safe? It’s ironically the only juice I like yet it’s the one I always hear “don’t drink with meds” about.
maybe I can do iced tea or iced coffee

Grapefruit juice might make the effect a little stronger I heard. But yes, sounds good.

Yup, I take otc stuff (200-400mg ibuprofen) with my norco 2-3 times a day but have to limit it due to a propensity for ulcers. But otc pain relievers do little to nothing on their own for my pain.

I think some of it is nerve pain and others joint damage. I’ve had multiple surgeries on my hip and have early onset arthritis in both that and my knee (have tried arthritis meds and had bad reactions to them). Also have multiple bulging discs in my spine and nerve damage somewhere in my back or leg (had nerve conduction tests done though dr didn’t tell me specifically where the damage was). I have a genetic connective tissue disorder (EDS) so basically my joints just pop out of their sockets randomly and I’m very prone to sprains, dislocations, subluxations, and other soft tissue injuries, so I have a long history of them (with multiple to my leg, thus the extra bad pain). It’s a fairly painful condition but I’ve been managing it until now. Was diagnosed late unfortunately (as many of us with it are) though so that left a number of years where I built up injuries and didn’t treat them properly because I didn’t know what was going on, and now I’m paying for it.

Something is clearly up with my leg and I plan to see an ortho about it but just trying to get through until I can get an appointment.

Good news is it looks like I *am* able to get my refill this afternoon so all my panic was over nothing, and I feel very silly. I really appreciate everyone’s help and plan on looking into all of this to help mitigate bad pain flares in the future. Maybe I can use some of these alternatives to avoid having to double up on my meds! The irony of all of this is I’ve reacted horribly to the few “fun” drugs I’ve tried in my youth (probably due to my medical condition, I dunno) including stronger opioids (was given fentanyl after surgery a few times and *hated* it) so my risk for abuse is super low but all the crackdowns to prevent abuse have caused so much stress surrounding just managing my pain, that sometimes I feel frustrated having to rely on the meds I do take.

I believe my spouse has cannabis oil which he uses for his wrist and says it’s been helpful. I can’t remember if I’ve tried it, but will try again! I‘d lost faith in topicals after Voltaren gel was hyped by my dr and didn’t do much but I should try others. Do you apply it where the nerve damage is, or where the pain is? I get shooting (pain on light touch) nerve pain down my leg but I’m not sure where the origin of it is.
Please do not see what I'm going to say next as "advice", so much as what I would do in your situation, it is entirely up to you to react however you want:

First, I'm really sorry you are experiencing this. I had psychosomatic pain shooting through my body just reading your post. You really need help managing this, you are not an addict trying to get a fix.

I would personally cut out the ibu, it is going to destroy your stomach sooner or later. You don't want to catch a motility issue or a tear in your stomach wall, that hurts like hell. Also very bad for your liver.

The cannabis oil will most certainly help for the arthritic pain/nerve pain/sinew pain. I have a friend living in Lloret, Spain, and his Grandfather has his own business treating rheumatic pains with cannabis oil. Absolutely brilliant this stuff

Don't overestimate Kratom, it's more harmless than the ibuprofen, I kid you not.
I think it would perform great in your situation, because it almost always performs excellently. As I said, just watch your eating habits. You are going to want to eat less, don't let that happen. You deserve to be without this pain biting at your mind 24/7.

The problem about many Doctors is that they get more money, if they prescribe you more stuff. It's a devil's circle. I work with them every day, most shoot, then aim, then start asking questions.

Hi @Raindrops42 and welcome to Bluelight! :)
I'm glad you posted about your situation. What you're going through is absolutely just as important as anyone else's situation, never feel like you can't post something because of fear of it sounding silly or mundane. Bluelight exists to help people, anyone and everyone! :)

You've already got some great suggestions here, and it sounds like you will hopefully be able to get your script today anyway so that's awesome. I just want to echo what others have said about trying kratom. It may or may not help, and it may or may not be agreeable with your body, but it's worth a try. There are HEAPS of threads about kratom on Bluelight, so perhaps use the search engine and have a browse.

Also, CBD products (without THC) will be incredibly useful for your pain! You could take CBD orally, or use CBD oils/balms to rub on your areas of pain AND the areas of the actual nerve damage. Just rub it everywhere lol! :) I am a firm believer in the power of CBD for pain, even though I don't use cannabis as, like you, I react badly to THC.

Also, CBD products (without THC) will be incredibly useful for your pain! You could take CBD orally, or use CBD oils/balms to rub on your areas of pain AND the areas of the actual nerve damage. Just rub it everywhere lol! :) I am a firm believer in the power of CBD for pain, even though I don't use cannabis as, like you, I react badly to THC.
I firmly agree with rubbing CBD oil everywhere. I would suffer greatly under my musicians arthritis without it, instead I have some light tingling sensation after long sessions of severly torturing my hands, and that's it.