Privacy Laws - Fingerprinting?

Roujaxian

Bluelighter
So this girls house we were at on New Years got a lot of stuff stolen from it and her dad is a freak with a lot of money. She told a friend of mine he was going to submit all their prescription bottles for fingerprinting and the problem is I did check almost all of them out, they were however already empty by the time I got my hands on them :p. Anyway I'm kind of known as a druggie and I can almost guarantee they will assume it was me who stole the prescription pills (mostly benzo's if anyones curious).

I'm not too too worried because my fingerprints are not yet "in the system" I am however 18 and was wondering if it went so far as for the police to ask me to come in for questioning/fingerprinting what my rights were because I'm not gonna lie my fingerprints are almost definitely on there and he's angry..

I am in the US by the way, more specifically Pennsylvania.

Thanks!

It is not illegal to touch someone elses prescription.

Honestly it sounds like a bluff anyway.

But if they do call you in for questioning, politely decline.

There is no question that they can ask you that will help your case.

Every time you open your mouth, you hurt your case.

If they contact you, tell them that your lawyer has advised you not to speak with police (or anyone else) about it without him present.

Any lawyer will tell you exactly that. Don't disregard the advice of every lawyer on the planet. You have no comment, leave it at that. You will not be convicted of any crime for touching some bottles.

Also, you should leave other peoples prescriptions alone.

It is not illegal to touch someone elses prescription.

cops lie. cops like to lie. I heard a cpl weeks ago that cops can actually get fired for lying here in MA (like this shouldn't have been the policy all along);.

i'm no activist but think that internal affairs primary job shoud be to go out into the community and proactively trying to catch cops doing shit like lying, abusing peole's rights, etc, etc.
they should drive random cars and have tiny video installed to catch the cop on tape lying his no good ass off.

If Iwas rich i would devote my life to something like this, busting scum cops and putting them in jail to get raped and beat and punked,etc...

And to the few good ones who are out there intervening where there is violence and theft... where they get in their car and go 100mph towards a bank robbery in progres, where everyone else in their right mind is trying to get as far away as possible... you have nothing but the highest respect from me.

cops lie. cops like to lie. I heard a cpl weeks ago that cops can actually get fired for lying here in MA (like this shouldn't have been the policy all along);.

i'm no activist but think that internal affairs primary job shoud be to go out into the community and proactively trying to catch cops doing shit like lying, abusing peole's rights, etc, etc.
they should drive random cars and have tiny video installed to catch the cop on tape lying his no good ass off.

If Iwas rich i would devote my life to something like this, busting scum cops and putting them in jail to get raped and beat and punked,etc...

And to the few good ones who are out there intervening where there is violence and theft... where they get in their car and go 100mph towards a bank robbery in progres, where everyone else in their right mind is trying to get as far away as possible... you have nothing but the highest respect from me.
The time and the money to help put dirty cops like this away is too much for normal people to do any sort of justice. I was pulled over for "tailgating" while stopping for a red like(it turned green as I neared the car in front of me). The cop said I could pay it online and I'd be fine(because I wasn't going to be in the state again for a long time), and that was a lie. I couldn't pay it online and had a warrant out for my arrest because of this. Court fees would be so much more than paying the warrant, ect.

Do not speak to the police, if they contact you by phone or in person just say your lawyer has advised you not to speak to police. Don't let them scare you into talking, you have no comment. If they make any requests such as coming in to give a statement or to be fingerprinted politely decline, ignore their threats.

IF and its a big IF you are arrested do not give any comment, none. Your lawyer/public defender will thank you.

And for a dose of reality, I can't imagine anything will come of this. Anyone here ever tried to get cops to collect prints/other evidence after a theft or home break in knows its pretty much impossible.