• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Principles of Responsible Marijuana Use

I don't drive when stoned because I am well aware that I am distracted and spacey, that my reaction-time to anything sudden is delayed and that my mind is everywhere but on the road.

"In fact, those of us who smoke marijuana are otherwise indistinguishable from other Americans."

Ha ha.

^I work in education--with young children-- and it is a bastion of "all drugs are equal/all-drugs-are-bad-unless-they-come-from-big-pharma-on-a-prescription-pad" type of thinking. You would be surprised at how many people either do not know and would be shocked to know that many of us use cannabis (medically or recreationally). I think this is what the author was talking about. People think of stoners in a very stereotypical way.

I'll weigh in on the work thing, though. I used to manage restaurants. Managing stoned waiters at work is not fun--basically means you take over and do half their workload as they move at half-speed. 8)

^I work in education--with young children-- and it is a bastion of "all drugs are equal/all-drugs-are-bad-unless-they-come-from-big-pharma-on-a-prescription-pad" type of thinking. You would be surprised at how many people either do not know and would be shocked to know that many of us use cannabis (medically or recreationally). I think this is what the author was talking about. People think of stoners in a very stereotypical way.

I'll weigh in on the work thing, though. I used to manage restaurants. Managing stoned waiters at work is not fun--basically means you take over and do half their workload as they move at half-speed. 8)
I understand his point and I respect what you say.

Idiots are idiots. Weed rarely changes that for better or worse.

Straight edge folks can be dumb, junkies can be dumb, potheads can be dumb, drunks can be dumb.

I will say that if you can't drive on Weed, don't. Some of us have a tolerance so it doesn't matter if we don't smoke more than usual. Just like knowing your limtis if you're too tired to drive, part of being a responsible adult.

/thread
(And /highhorse as I am a junkie who can't seem to get of methadone despite years of trying)