• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Preventing the Drip When Snorting Heroin

elephantskin

Greenlighter
when i get serious drip of HR down my belly i get fucking gaggy really bad and sick and throw up and its a total awste. with opana40xr i can do it all day and the gummy drip just slowly doesnt do much and i dont mind i know it lowers BIOA but whatever.

any help?

No one probably replied to your post because you just referred to the drug by a nickname/slang of just HR. Be more specific next time because these are international boards and if everyone used slang or regional terms then nobody would know what people were talking about.

Back to your question, if any drug makes me sick by the drip I will try to have something I can slowly eat to cancel out the taste or either have a drink close by that can mask the taste of the drip. I would use just any kind of chewing gum to hide the taste of the drip from Oxycontin from my girlfriend.

I still cannot think of what you mean by HR except for perhaps heroin. On Bluelight, HR=Harm Reduction because that is the whole purpose of this forum. Welcome to Bluelight man and maybe next time you will have better luck with responses, no thread typically goes unanswered here most of the time.

When I try to snort Harm Reduction, it makes me puke, too.

OP - please edit your post to indicate what drug you are referring to. Please try to use the common name or the chemical name, not slang, as the people on BL are from the world over, and slang is inconsistent.

What I try to do is use a different technique of snorting it. My personal favorite is using short, hard sniffs. By doing this it minimizes the drip and actually increases the bio-availability. Something else you may want to try if you are mixing it up yourself is try a different medium to mix with, I find baking powder works the best. Baking powder doesn't burn AT ALL and doesn't have the nasty taste any of the other things you may be mixing it with will have. Good luck and be safe!

I changed the title and prefix so people know what is going on and can give you some advice. I would simply take small, gentle bumps to keep it from going too far, which is what turns into "the drip" the point is to keep that shit all up in your nasal cavity as long as possible, so don't completely suck it through into your throat.

Just enjoy the effects.

Alternatively, you can grind your powder fine, snort in tiny bumps so as to let a little absorb before going for some more.

You could also make a nasal spray solution after filtering out anything you can with cotton.

What I try to do is use a different technique of snorting it. My personal favorite is using short, hard sniffs. By doing this it minimizes the drip and actually increases the bio-availability. Something else you may want to try if you are mixing it up yourself is try a different medium to mix with, I find baking powder works the best. Baking powder doesn't burn AT ALL and doesn't have the nasty taste any of the other things you may be mixing it with will have. Good luck and be safe!

^don't do this. You don't need to snort hard, if anything that is going to waste more. Try spacing it out. Snort a small line, then do another 10-15 minutes later. I've found this tends to work better than snorting one big line.

You can also find methods on here for using a straw to "blow" the powder into your nose which actually works fairly well.

As OE said, always take small amounts spaced out to ensure that the drug has surface area to stick to on the mucous membrane, and that your mucous membrane is moist, to enable the uptake of the water-soluble heroin.

Are you new to snorting dope? Because I remember hating the drip when I first started, and I mean I despised the taste! Now I don't mind it all that much...

But anyway, my advice would be to snort long, very thin lines of dope, and snort softly. Then maybe pinch your nose for a few seconds, and so long as you don't keep sniffling, you should be OK. Keep a glass of orange juice or tea or something next to you just in case you do get a gob of it down your throat.

^ this is exactly how I snort coke and I get much less of a drip than my friends do... which is kind of a shame because I like the taste.

Chasers are also a good idea or something you can suck on longer like a lollipop or popsicle.

well hell , thanks for correcting my mistakes i did not mean to cause confusion with using the acronym HR, i did mean herion! thank you for all of the responses. im not new to sniffing dope but im just not seeing raking out 2 huge lines and huffing them into oblivion being the best thing for bioavailability as well as just the nasty drip. i like the long line, soft snort then pinch style. i think ill try that. i used to hate the taste but now i dont at all...of course, right? =D

edit: also thank you @muvolution for fixing the thread title

What a weirdo question. Personally, I love the drip, when I taste it, I'm getting high. If you don't like it might just carry some candies with you. Trolling or sour patch kids should do it

What a weirdo question. Personally, I love the drip, when I taste it, I'm getting high. If you don't like it might just carry some candies with you. Trolling or sour patch kids should do it

It's a 6 and a half years old post.

I've just made the same mistake on another thread (doh!)