• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Pressed Bars?

Cheddar_Bob_313

Bluelighter
How can you ensure equal dosing with pressed Xanax bars? Are the scores (to break 'em apart) totally useless when it comes to dosing by milligrams? What I worry about is hot spots and taking a larger dose than I obviously intend to. I seen bars advertised as 3mg, 4mg, even "red devils" advertised as 6mg. How does the person pressing the pills ensure the correct potency/milligrams? Is it even possible to press bars at those higher dosages, or is it just false advertising? I mean what is the process to actually press pills? I'm not asking because I want to do it I'm just genuinely curious, I like to know how things are made and what I can be putting into my body.

When I was younger around 18-23 yrs old I was prescribed kpins, ativan, adderall at different times by psychiatrists. Now a days it's nearly impossible to find a doctor willing to write a benzo script. A psychiatrist that I seen for almost 4 yrs wouldn't even prescribe me some lousy gabapentin. Doctor's motto is "Do no harm" but forcing patients to score sketchy Xanax off the street that can potentially be contaminated with fentanyl is doing plenty harm in my book. I think if you have any drug usage on your medical records all bets are off on getting a legit script. Doctors shouldn't discriminate, but they're people too and like all people we can be judgmental at times.

I apologize in advance if some of my questions sound stupid but I have a limited knowledge on this subject so I'm hoping someone can school me here.

Last edited:
Come on you guys/gals I know there has to be someone here knowledgeable on this subject? This question comes from a harm reduction stand point, I thought that Bluelight is all about harm reduction. I know not taking benzodiazepines in the first place is the first rule on harm reduction, but this is the real world we're talking about here folks lol.
I do know benzodiazepines are nothing to play around with, I only take them as needed and at small dosages.

Last edited:
As far as I know you cannot ensure equal dosing with pressed bars, because the doses off even the same press can be different between bars (when done by amatuers). And as for comparing different presses well, that's impossible without proper labtesting that gives you both ingredients and exact percentages of them

Harm reduction says - labtest all your benzo's, especially in the present climate when there is a strong likelihood that your 'xanax' will contain no alprazolam at all

Also to try to avoid the hotspot" you can try weighing the bar then crushing it all up and mixing it all together to try to ensure a proper "dose," like say if you wanted to take half or something this would be the safer way but still sketchy I would tread very careful with these..probably just damn zylazine in it or some other sort of poison.

As far as I know you cannot ensure equal dosing with pressed bars, because the doses off even the same press can be different between bars (when done by amatuers). And as for comparing different presses well, that's impossible without proper labtesting that gives you both ingredients and exact percentages of them

Harm reduction says - labtest all your benzo's, especially in the present climate when there is a strong likelihood that your 'xanax' will contain no alprazolam at all
Thank you so much for the reply! I do know that some dark market vendors sell bars that don't contain alprazolam at all but instead RC benzos or even in some rare instances fentanyl. I try to be very careful and read all the reviews on particular vendors. Where in the U.S. can you send samples to for testing? I imagine it wouldn't be free. I know they have fentanyl test strips and I've had used those in the past but I don't how accurate they are.

Thank you so much for the reply! I do know that some dark market vendors sell bars that don't contain alprazolam at all but instead RC benzos or even in some rare instances fentanyl. I try to be very careful and read all the reviews on particular vendors. Where in the U.S. can you send samples to for testing? I imagine it wouldn't be free. I know they have fentanyl test strips and I've had used those in the past but I don't how accurate they are.
Can't help you there pal regarding sample testing as I'm not in USA - perhaps raise the question here

North & South American Drug Discussion

I can tell you that here in the UK however there have basically been ZERO pressed bars that contain actual Alprazolam for years. If we want the real deal here we have to go for the 1mg Ksalols in blisters.

Also to try to avoid the hotspot" you can try weighing the bar then crushing it all up and mixing it all together to try to ensure a proper "dose," like say if you wanted to take half or something this would be the safer way but still sketchy I would tread very careful with these..probably just damn zylazine in it or some other sort of poison.
What kind of a scale? One that measures in milligrams I'd imagine? I have a scale that measures grams but I don't know how useful that would be.

"Everybody in the 313 put ya mathfuckin hands up and follow me!!!!"

The 313 is my salute to Em and I see you bro just ummm cheddar Bob, please don't shoot yourself in the leg with your own gun! Lol