• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Prescription to Klonopin for Addiction to Kratom

SomeYoungGuy

Greenlighter
So I had a 60-70 gram day habit using Kratom for the past 6 months. It got so bad I had days where I couldn't go to the bathroom, would get the cold sweats 2 hours after ingesting it. I'd wake up in the middle of the night with withdrawals and horrible stomach cramps. You're probably wondering how one could get to such a point so I'll do my best to shortly explain.

When I firsts found Kratom I thought I had found my miracle drug. I've had substance abuse problems my entire life. Before my first Kratom use I had 3 years clean. After ingesting "DA PIMP BOMB(what the package said" I felt subtle opiate like high(my favorite drug). After upping the dose the high felt like the perfect mix of vicodin and a very light dose of aderall(without the paranoia.) So from then on, I fell in love. I started taking the drug 2 days on, 2 days off. The days off I felt a slight hangover. I knew that "opiate-like" high too well to believe the claims that Kratom wasn't addictive. So I tried my best to deal with it like it was. Eventually I caved in and that's when it became a daily ritual. The higher the doses got, the less effective the drug became and the more prevalent the side effects were.

So eventually I tried to quite cold turkey. BBAAAADDD idea. I couldn't work or do anything productive. By the 6th day of insomnia I hopped back on the Kratom train and sought psychiatric help. The first doc had no idea what to do and gave me .25 dose of klonopin for one week.
The second doc thought I was exaggerating the withdrawals and gave me an SSRI and powerful antihistamine to help me sleep. After 2 days of ineffective hell I wrote the doc an e-mail in hopes of some help. She called me back in. Turns out she did some research and found out I wasn't lying.

Now she's got me on 4mg of Klonopin, so that's 2mg twice a day. It's got me down to 10g of Kratom a day but getting off of it is so friggen hard. I now am at a dose that gives me the positive effects again without the negatives. Another problem is the being on the Benzos created some unforeseen drug seeking behavior. I've scored some other and benzos, shit I never would have done had I been sober, and now am fully engulfed by the positive feelings side of getting high on things recreationally. The thing is, for a guy like me, it never stays recreational. I don't want any full blown Blues or Xan addiction so I want off the Klonopin as fast as possible because I know that's what is engaging my drug seeking behavior. I have all these lame excuses like "life is so boring" and "harder" without drugs but I know they're lies. It's not that bad. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

How could you take 60-70g per days without getting sick from it ??? Everytime I was going over 15 grams at once I was getting very sick and vomit. I used to take doses of 5 to 10 grams at once but meaby 1 to 3 time in a day. I took it for about 1 years and I quit cold turkey because for some reason I was stuck in a hospital for 2 weeks. The withdrawal was mild compare to my AH-7921 WD. I had insomnia for 2-3 days even if I was on 50mg Quetiapine (Seroquel), I had diarrhea for 5-6 days and my mood was pretty crappy but that might just be link to the reason why I was at the hospital.

So Clonazepam (Klonopin) might help you sleep and get rid of some physical symptoms if you have them (I didnt got physical symptom for Kratom WD). If you can get hand on some Codeine it might help you, sometime changing your drug of choice to another drug that act the same may help you stop your first addiction but sometime people only switch from one to another without tapering properly so they dont get result.

I would recommend that now that you are at 10g a day, keep taking that amount for 2 weeks, your tolerance will go down, then reduce the dose again. Take it slowly, take the time you need and you will feel better soon.

My AST/ALT levels are below 200 and I did an ultrasound and I have under 5% fatty liver which my doctor thinks is from Kratom. I’ve been on it daily for about 6 years and before that was a chronic alcoholic. So I started drinking Yerba mate tea again as I used to every time I would get dry I think it has helped my liver. I really don’t want to get off Kratom but he also prescribes me 3mg of klonopin a day and I don’t want that taken away. I feel like he will if I don’t get off the Kratom. So I’m going to get to only 2 doses a day maybe 15mg of Kratom and drink my tea and also have been taking milk thistle I hope my levels for AST/ALT are back to normal. Idk I know I can’t quit unless I went on a 2 week drinking bender or he I get a months worth of suboxone cause I had terrible withdrawals from not taking just for 2 days. So idk what to fucking do. I wouldn’t give a fuck but I don’t want to lose my klonopin idc if I have a little fatty liver at least im
Not drinking

Kratom withdrawal is a walk in the park compared to Klonopin withdrawals. I would NOT take Klonopin past a month (max).

Klonopin withdrawal is the worst withdrawal I’ve ever faced out of every drug there is. Fentanyl, methadone, suboxone, Kratom, meth, cocaine, oxycodone.. it is the worst feeling in the world.

Coming off of drugs is a very difficult thing. You must not only get past the physical aspect but also the mental, and the lifestyle and life changes as well. After 2 weeks you should be mostly past the physical aspects and 30-90 days the mental.

I also use drugs because life seems boring, I like to have fun, feel good, escape anxiety, escape reality, etc.

If you truly want to get off drugs and be happy you need to find hobbies and people that make you not want to go back. For me that’s yoga and working out. I absolutely love yoga and want to take a trip to South America to do yoga in the jungle. I hope you find your yoga and your happiness. Good luck

Kratom withdrawal is a walk in the park compared to Klonopin withdrawals. I would NOT take Klonopin past a month (max).

Klonopin withdrawal is the worst withdrawal I’ve ever faced out of every drug there is. Fentanyl, methadone, suboxone, Kratom, meth, cocaine, oxycodone.. it is the worst feeling in the world.

Coming off of drugs is a very difficult thing. You must not only get past the physical aspect but also the mental, and the lifestyle and life changes as well. After 2 weeks you should be mostly past the physical aspects and 30-90 days the mental.

I also use drugs because life seems boring, I like to have fun, feel good, escape anxiety, escape reality, etc.

If you truly want to get off drugs and be happy you need to find hobbies and people that make you not want to go back. For me that’s yoga and working out. I absolutely love yoga and want to take a trip to South America to do yoga in the jungle. I hope you find your yoga and your happiness. Good luck
I only want to get off Kratom. I’m an avid runner, work full time just like my weed and klonopin and Kratom. Used to be a terrible alcoholic and couldn’t hold a job for a year now 51 I’ve had the same job 4+ years!!