• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Prescription question regarding oxycodone

bluesteyes

Bluelighter
Earlier this month my doc prescribed for me sixty 10MG/325MG oxycodone for pain. The idea being that I would use them 2 times per day for 30 days. I could've asked for ninety and would've probably gotten it, but I preferred to stay conservative. Well it just so happens that my pain has been debilitating this month, so I have using 3 pills a day, and I have just about run out. I can't get another script until May 7. The situation has been made worse by the fact that my insurance as of this month is no longer covering for the compound pain cream I use to help ease my pain. I don't know if I am going to be able to endure 14 days without any Percocet relief. The situation sucks.

I know that the insurance, no matter what, isn't going to pay for more oxycodone until May 7. I will have to pay cash. I also know if I just walk in there with cash that the pharmacist is not going to just give me the pills because it is a controlled substance. I would imagine that I would need a written script from the doctor, and that the doctor actually has to call the pharmacist to create some sort of special arrangement? Is this how it works?

I have zero idea how much 42 generic 10/325 percs would cost out of pocket either. I only have so much money. Can't afford be handing over hundreds of dollars of bills.

Yeah you cant just walk in and pay cash without a 'script. Talk to your doctor as soon as you can, and tell him your situation. If he was already willing to give 90/month, I wouldnt forsee an issue with him writing you out a 2 week 'script to get you through next month. At this point youre only taking 3 a day, more than likely this will increase down the road, once you start to get to the 8-10 range a day, you might want to consider a cold water extraction, as to avoid taking all that apap. One thing you could try to make them more effecient, is to potentiate them with dxm, gfj, ect.Just use the search engine, and there are plenty of threads regarding the subject. Best of luck!

- Hopeless Soul

Go see your doctor, explain, and if he/she changes the script, say, to Oxycodone without APAP or a different mg amount, insurance will usually cover it. It has to be a different script for insurance. Good luck. Just for future sake, also try heat/ice, exercise, etc. Oxy amounts tend to climb for some people. Some people will say everyone's tolerance rockets up, and that is often true, but not always true. I've been on the same dose for years.

At a pharmacy that script is very affordable. I assure you, it is not in the "hundreds of dollars" range. Or even the 3 figures range.

I use straight Oxycodone without the APAP and in the amounts you are using. I have to pay out of pocket and it's really not very expensive at all. My doc actually suggested I go with the straight Oxy. It's about half the cost of the combo. What a rip off. Best of luck.

Yeah for some reason opiates and benzos are extremely cheap at the pharmacy...but god help me if I needed something like my thyroid medicine.

You just need to get your doctor to write you a new script with the increased dosage, and you should be able to fill it (I believe, that was what happened with my father when he had this problem).