Completed Prescription pain medications

Thank you for the feedback :)

We'll take that, and all of the other suggestions, into consideration when posting this and other surveys again.

-Katie

Done. I hope I didn't take this twice (I've taken a very similar one before), but I think I would have replied to this thread if I had.

The one drug that I did not see listed was no-APAP instant release oxycodone (roxicodone). The 30mg roxicodones are at least as popular, if not more, than the infamous 80mg OxyContins.

Most of these surveys are actually counterintuitive to what we want. They are finding out why and how we get high off opiates to make druggie-proof meds. I refuse to take any surveys. Why in the hell (other than to keep bluelight around) would anyone on here want to tell The Man how to make abuse proof pills????

Most of these surveys are actually counterintuitive to what we want. They are finding out why and how we get high off opiates to make druggie-proof meds. I refuse to take any surveys. Why in the hell (other than to keep bluelight around) would anyone on here want to tell The Man how to make abuse proof pills????

Amen.

Because whatever abuse proof pill they come up with will be defeated. At the end of the day the drug still has to be available to your body, and that limits how much you can do to make it "abuse proof." The closest thing I've seen are shifts toward prodrugs that have to be broken down in the digestive tract to be active, but even then you can just take more. Even if enzyme availability rate limits the maximum effective dose you can take, how is this going to be beneficial to patients? The obvious example is someone in extreme pain, but the new abuse-proof pro-drug enzyme rate limited Oxycodone replacement means your body can only metabolize the equivalent of 20mg of Oxycodone a day. So if you're in severe pain and you have a tolerance? You're fucked, and they're going to have to keep stronger medications around to take care of you anyway.

People who want to get high are going to get high anyway. All "abuse proof" medicine does is make them resort to crazy, dangerous lengths to try to do it, like trying to shoot up time release pills. Prohibition advocates need to realize that a lot of the measures they take to try to protect us from ourselves are actually hurting us more than if we could just go up to the clerk, show some ID, and buy taxed Oxycodone. How many of your connects out there care if you're over 18? How many drug dealers do you know who pay income tax?

Tell The Man how to make his abuse proof pain med, and then watch OD for the tek on how to bypass it within three days of it hitting the market. How would you like to be the drug company exec who spent a billion dollars researching a new drug, getting it through human trials, getting FDA approval, etc. etc., to finally get it to market, and then a week later some junkie with with a 10 cent razor blade and a 2 dollar bottle of lemon juice or something defeats your wonder drug.

Abuse proof medications do not work for a lot of the same reasons that DRM or anti-piracy measures do not work.

So take the survey and help Bluelight, because the overall historical cycle of how this works is that The Man always gets fucked. These are the same people who thought heroin was a safe replacement for morphine, and that DXM was an abuse-proof replacement for codeine.

Because whatever abuse proof pill they come up with will be defeated. At the end of the day the drug still has to be available to your body, and that limits how much you can do to make it "abuse proof." The closest thing I've seen are shifts toward prodrugs that have to be broken down in the digestive tract to be active, but even then you can just take more. Even if enzyme availability rate limits the maximum effective dose you can take, how is this going to be beneficial to patients? The obvious example is someone in extreme pain, but the new abuse-proof pro-drug enzyme rate limited Oxycodone replacement means your body can only metabolize the equivalent of 20mg of Oxycodone a day. So if you're in severe pain and you have a tolerance? You're fucked, and they're going to have to keep stronger medications around to take care of you anyway.

People who want to get high are going to get high anyway. All "abuse proof" medicine does is make them resort to crazy, dangerous lengths to try to do it, like trying to shoot up time release pills. Prohibition advocates need to realize that a lot of the measures they take to try to protect us from ourselves are actually hurting us more than if we could just go up to the clerk, show some ID, and buy taxed Oxycodone. How many of your connects out there care if you're over 18? How many drug dealers do you know who pay income tax?

Tell The Man how to make his abuse proof pain med, and then watch OD for the tek on how to bypass it within three days of it hitting the market. How would you like to be the drug company exec who spent a billion dollars researching a new drug, getting it through human trials, getting FDA approval, etc. etc., to finally get it to market, and then a week later some junkie with with a 10 cent razor blade and a 2 dollar bottle of lemon juice or something defeats your wonder drug.

Abuse proof medications do not work for a lot of the same reasons that DRM or anti-piracy measures do not work.

So take the survey and help Bluelight, because the overall historical cycle of how this works is that The Man always gets fucked. These are the same people who thought heroin was a safe replacement for morphine, and that DXM was an abuse-proof replacement for codeine.

But the thing I fear is not the "abuse proof" necessarily, but that they will put opiates/opiods higher and higher on the schedule scale until you literally have to be dying of cancer to get 20mg oxycontin. I suffer from severe back problems, and because I'm not over 20, every doctor scoffs and sticks their nose up at me. Studies like this, I'm afraid, will make it so that it will be hard to even get a script of codeine pills for chronic pain.

Pro Tip: Oxycodone is already Schedule II, like cocaine, PCP, amp and methamphetamines (and therefore racemic ampetamine mixtures like Adderall), morphine, and opium. If it were scheduled any higher they couldn't prescribe it at all. Pure hydrocodone and codeine are already Schedule II. The only reason you see them more often is that hydrocodone or codeine combined with an NSAID are Schedule III, which has lower production limits, etc.

I'm 26 and when I told my doctor that my meds control my anxiety, but that I still have very bad sleep problems, I was told to deal with it, because at my age he doesn't want to give me sleeping medication. This is code for, "I think you are a young drug addict." These drugs are in Schedule IV, so by your logic I should be able to get them easily (if lower schedule equals higher availability). In reality what this means is that I'm going to go down to the corner and buy Xanax on the street instead, because my doctor is a dick.

Last edited:

*golf clap*

And, indeed. If people are willing to snort prozac to see if it'll get them high, I think they will be willing to test the limits of an "abuse-proof" drug. And possibly end up in the hospital or dead depending on how far they go.

If you really think about it, without even taking this survey Inflexxion could just go through all the posts on Bluelight and make a case for abuse of perscription drugs. I'm betting there are more posts here than members who took the survey. If you don't want the Man to know people abuse drugs, don't post on the internet.

^^ Cheers. 100% true. It's not like the fact that a LOT of people abuse medication is a big secret.

i agree...I have medical issues which is why i take pain meds,but i dont always take them as prescribed,even then they dont get me high either.not a recreational user but it would suck balls for all the rec users out there..also must be concerrned with the availability of my meds .Peace Just my .02...Olskool

If you really think about it, without even taking this survey Inflexxion could just go through all the posts on Bluelight and make a case for abuse of perscription drugs. I'm betting there are more posts here than members who took the survey. If you don't want the Man to know people abuse drugs, don't post on the internet.

This is a key point. There are already a few scientific journal articles based entirely on the posts on Bluelight. People tend to forget the public nature of this forum. The text here (what you write) can be quoted and reproduced in other places. And, more and more, it often is!

I'm not saying, don't use the forums - rather, be aware of the potential for your words to be used in different contexts, for different reasons, without your knowledge.

[slightly OT but it's good to see a lively debate on these issues!]

Bottom line being: making a stand by not doing this survey is hardly going to keep prescription drug 'abuse' a secret... even so, surveys are always voluntary so you should do exactly what you want in terms of the decision to participate

%)

I took the survey, but I stopped halfway through to shoot up some more OC :)

Originally Posted by I_Stay_Dead
I think you'll find that no-one who is prescribed CII medicines abuses them.

Where did you get that info? Ive seen nothing but abuse of them

He must have meant it as a joke. That or he's just dumb. Throughout my 12 years of drug abuse, I've must of known and met over 100 people who abuse Schedule II drugs.

Left over pain meds like Percocet after surgeries, prescriptions of Diluadid running out too early because they want an extra 'kick' here and there (once or twice or three times a week, usually progresses). I knew a few people diagnosed with chronic pain prescribed OxyContin in the past who snorted it all the time which lead to them eventually being prescribed more pain meds. Amphetamines...Adderall and Dexedrine...oh, I've known SO MANY people who've abused these meds on multiple, some daily, basis.

Those are basically the only 'prescribed' Schedule II medications, non-combination opiates, potent opioids, amphetamine and amphetamine-type medication (basically Methylphenidate).

You've got your Cocaine, PCP and strong barbiturates like Secobarbital but these are basically just drugs used for surgeries. Although I did know someone prescribed Tuinal once like 7 years ago and he did nothing but abuse it.

Hi Bluelighters,

I want to thank you again for all of the support and participation. I also want to extend my appreciation to the moderators for helping me out so much :)

Taking the survey is completely voluntary and will only be a few minutes of your time.

Please feel free to keep responding with your feedback, it is very insightful.

Thanks,
Katie

Hi Katie,

I started the survey, but was thrown when it asked where I lived. Is this just for US residents, or do you want people from places like the UK to do it as well?

Thanks

Hi emerald07,

We aren't purposely limiting the study to US residents. We are realizing the limitations of our answer choices and we will be accomodating for that in our next version. My advice would be to select, "not listed" on that question.

Thanks,
Katie