• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

prescription drugs online and the TGA (new schedule?)

lab slave

Bluelighter
Hi guys I'm trying to get my head around the import regulations in Australia relating to prescriptions and it's real confusing.

As far as I can tell the old lists formerly known as Schedule A and B are now collated to a new list here: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/m...es-compliance-prohibited-impexp-precursor.htm

While this is a very long list there are definitely some prescriptions out there that do not fall on the list. Doesn't seem to be any Sildenafil for example.

If you do import something which is on the list what do they do? Do they hold it and ask you to mail them a copy of your prescription? I can't find any information relating to this on the customs website, or the TGA website. It seems like a really obvious question. Anyone know more about it than me?

They'll let it through or let it through with a warning usually. Sometimes they could ask for a scrip, but as long as its not schedule 8 or 9 its not a criminal offence anyhow.

^ It is a criminal offence, it's just not often followed up on unless large amounts are being imported.

lab slave: The link is discussing Customs and their importation schedules, not the TGA and it's schedules under the SUSMP. This quote here is pretty important:

Substances that are salts, esters or isomers of a controlled substance, are also likely to be controlled and you should contact the OCSEH for confirmation.

I would interpret 'controlled substance' to mean anything that is scheduled here in Australia, as that is likely how the authorities interpret it.

I'm not sure why everything is so vague on this subject - it's strange that the government doesn't seem to have a fixed policy on prescription drugs. If they do have a policy they certainly don't make it easy to figure out. Anyone else got any ideas?

I'm not sure why everything is so vague on this subject - it's strange that the government doesn't seem to have a fixed policy on prescription drugs. If they do have a policy they certainly don't make it easy to figure out. Anyone else got any ideas?

^^^ Ahhhhh, never studied law or legislation then? Let me just say, it's not done on accident! :\

well for starters - TAKE IT AS YOU READ IT. It's vague simply because there are too many variables for them to cover in different manners within the law, so the laws need to be vague as to make it easier to deal with situations on case by case basis. There is a big difference in anyones eyes that a kilogram of drugs vs a few perscription pills is a very different issue.

If you take the laws as you read them you shouldn't make any mistakes because the law has a blanket policy that covers all scheduled drugs, and anything slightly resembling them.

So, do whatever you want, but don't say you weren't warned.

It ain't illegal to import Schedule 4 drugs. Point is, why would you bother? Risking shonky arse vendors based in Central America, when you could find a doctor who will givie you the right medicine, if needed.

^ It is illegal if you don't have a valid prescription and don't have the proper import permits.

If you are bringing it into the country on your person it is a different matter but you are probably still best having a prescription with you.