• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Preparing San Pedro

Well I woke up today to find the second foot of cactus on my front door, so I started preparing it and decided to go for it today. I drank the first foot (750 grams, weighed with skin off but core still intact, which I didn't use in my tea), which tasted surprisingly decent with all the lemon juice I added. The second foot of SP was a bit smaller, weighing out to 550 grams. Anywho, it's supposed to be 80 and sunny all day, so now I'm just waiting on the come-up while cooking my second foot. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

2 and a half hours later and feeling nothing. My second foot is about done cooking, but I'm getting sick of this stupid cactus. Such a tease!

There are very many different varieties of cereus that are elongated and have similarities to e. pachanoi like c. repandus which may not have any active alkaloids. Pictures?

No pictures, it's all gone. Two feet of cactus. Gone. Wasted. No effects. Maybe you're right, and it wasn't really San Pedro, but something similar. It sure looked like SP, though, from the pictures I've seen. All three feet of cactus I've gotten have all been from the same vendor.

I'll be getting professionally dosed by some shamans in about a week and a half though, so no big deal for now. When I return from my trip, maybe I'll try ordering from a different vendor, because there's something fun/rewarding about cooking cactus tea.

Well I was convinced that the cacti I received wasn't actually San Pedro and instead a look-a-like such as Blue Myrtle, so I emailed the vendor and told them what I thought. The guy seemed fairly knowledgeable about cactus and said that it wasn't Blue Myrtle but actually was San Pedro and wanted to know why I thought otherwise.

This is bad news, because if it actually WAS SP that I received, then getting the mescaline out of it is tricky as hell. I don't want to give up on it, but wtf.

I found it very tricky too - I got the pedro from the "highlands of Peru" allegedly good stuff dried outer skin onl and I think I was throwing about 200g into the pot and getting very little psychedelic effects from it.

The purpose of a blender is to maximize the surface area of the cactus. This will make the tea more potent faster than were there to be big chunks. The process can take anywhere from 2 to 24 hours, the longer it takes the more potent your tea will be. The acidification of the water, to about pH 4, might also aid the extraction process.