• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Preparing For Mild Oxycodone Withdraw - Need Advice

i just kicked a few weeks ago a small perc dependancy. the only thing i took was tylenol. i didnt use benzos or anything. it sucked for a few days but the worst of it was my anticipation of the wds and how bad they might be since i have kicked dope before it was way worse.
anyways you dont need to load up on anything to begin, see how it goes it may be easier than your expecting.

I was able to get through the restlessness and agitation this morning with Hyland's Restless Leg, Tylonel and some Lorazepam. I just don't feel like eating, but I just ate breakfast. I am experiencing an increase in my chronic pain issues (everything is amplified right now), but the main issue is the emotional adjustment. I just feel awful. A lot of emptiness. It sucks having all those opiates taken away. All I want to do is stay in bed and hide. What's funny is that I was going through my daily pill box (to take my vitamin D3 and zinc), and I discovered a 5MG Percocet. Man I was tempted, but I just threw that sucker into the garbage. All it's going to do is further delay the inevitable.

Lorazepam and Lyrica has helped me several times coming off Oxy and I have a huge tolerance. I was taking about 300 MG a day at one point during cancer treatment. I stopped stone cold a few times during and both really helped. I'm not advocating getting more drugs but I found it to be very helpful

I didn't have restless legs this morning. I am apparently past that. But what is driving me nuts is the overall feeling agitation and irritability, how I just don't want to be around other people, and how much I just want to lie in bed all the time. I don't know how I am going to make it to work at 8am tomorrow morning. I also just have this overall feeling of hopeless and desperation. Every worry or problem in my life has been amplified. I am in any kind of danger to myself. I see my doctor on Thursday afternoon, but is psychologically quite a challenge.

I didn't have restless legs this morning. I am apparently past that. But what is driving me nuts is the overall feeling of agitation and irritability, how I just don't want to be around other people, and how much I just want to lie in bed all the time. I don't know how I am going to make it to work at 8am tomorrow morning. I also just have this overall feeling of hopeless and desperation. Every worry or problem in my life has been amplified. I am not in any kind of danger to myself. I see my doctor on Thursday afternoon, but is psychologically quite a challenge.

Just remind yourself that the feeling down aspect is normal for the first week or two. It will lighten soon. I'd put money on it. I never cried so much as when I was detoxing and that whole "what's the point of life" was bad but it did end. It sucked in the moment but there was comfort in chocking it up to "it's not really what I feel, it's just what things feel like in detox"

Is anyone up for WD in a few days? Wanna WD buddy? Misery loves company.

Anyway, I'm wondering if tapering actually helps if you can't do a full taper. Is it worthwhile or just go for it until they're gone?

I have 2 X 20mg oxy er and about 50 X 5mg oxy ir.
Once it's gone I do have Ativan and lyrica at my disposal. I can also use OTC codeine CWE but I'm at about 160-200mg oxy daily so prob not worth it. Also have Kratom but that never helps for me. Old school antihistamines make it worse.

I'm a Kratom novice. If I were to get some Red Bali Powder Kratom, how many grams would equal, say, 10mg of Oxycodone? And how long does the effect last? I need something to get me thru at least the early evening. And it needs to not just kill off some of these Oxy withdrawals, but also provide some pain relief since I suffer from chronic pain.

Last edited:
Sorry blueyes Kratom doesn't do anything for me, such that I don't even think there's a conversion to oxy (some people love it but I find even lyrica or Imodium works better)
Back when I tried it for WD I tried up to 5-7g and either toss n washed or put it in gel caps, much more than that and you get nausea, or this weird thing with your eyes that they keep moving and feel uncomfortable almost like eye strain from looking at a monitor too long.
A few people swear by it though, Capt. Kratom is a Kratom aficionado.

I don't think it's for me as well. I have stomach issues (SIBO, IBS), and all I can think about is a belly ache.

I totally agree with you on quite a few points. The worse for me is always the overall feeling of just not wanting to do anything at all. I would just want to melt into the bed! Also, I usually lost my appetite; not sure if this is ever an issue with you?

BTW, when this happens to you (having to go without till the next refill date), do you ever have the ability to taper down your dose at all? Personally, ss the end of the month would approach, I'd do a quick pill count to figure out how short I am and what I'll need to do to reduce my intake and make it till the next fill date. I've found that I can do a pretty quick taper and get down to next to nothing pretty fast if I have to. As odd as this may sound, when I'd be on higher doses I'd just as soon go cold turkey. Not too sure why but I think it has something to do with the fact that when taking that many pills, it was mainly for getting high, period. So, tapering didn't really work because if I was going to get high, I'd want it all! So, trying to take less was pointless! I just wouldn't have the willpower to pull it off. So, basically I'd just go headlong into the wall (i.e. take a bunch until I ran out). Then quitting was simple; no more pills = time to quit - end of story! Sorry for rambling a bit but basically I think at the level you're on; you'll be OK. Take it easy on yourself (don't beat yourself up for just laying around!) for the first couple days and then for the next few days, set some small goals to achieve and take it from there. Good Luck!

I am going to meet w/ my prescribing doctor tomorrow to see if I can get higher script for 2 weeks than what I had before. If the insurance rejects it, I will just pay full price. Lesson learned. Luckily these are generic meds. Of course my doc needs to agree to this, and the pharmacist needs to not be some kind of hard ass. At some point I need to transition over to Lyrica, but as a I said before that drug makes me feel so drugged out that I need a SSRI or something like it to accompany it. SSRI's make me super hyper. I hope to balance out the side effects.

I was able to get a larger script for 2 weeks, and unbelievably, the insurance paid for it. I totally lucked out on that one. The pain and agitation is over. I actually felt worse today than on Saturday and Sunday. My doctor is really a good guy. I'm sure some docs would've kicked me out of their office after what I did, but he was totally understanding. He suffers from chronic pain, so he has empathy with his patients. The plan is keep using Percocet for another couple of months, taper down, and then use Lyrica and some antidepressant together.

Thanks for all your support the last few days. Lesson learned.